Ok guys

Ok guys.

I picked up and 96 E36 M3 recently. I have always wanted to have a project car to undertake that will have extensive modifications and I am financially able to do so. Probably will turn it into a track car/Daily/Boyracer type build but nothing to extreme. Currently trying to get my hands on an S54 or S50B32 (euro spec e36 M3 motor) to throw in and toss out the S52 because 240hp. So I came to ask:

>What are some good rim brands that I should look at?
>What should I do cosmetically to the car? I want to keep it clean. Farthest I will go is a DTM/CSL wing. Inb4 stancefags.

BMW forums are meh, mostly circle jerks of vapenationfags stancing the car, but they are helpful with the mechanics.

Also sorry for the ultra tiny pic but what manufacture makes these rims. I've seen them alot on track builds

>bmw
>rims
>cosmetic mods
Nigger
Enjoy being slower, less reliable, and less luxury than a corolla

I even said its getting a new motor tossed into it.

Kys famalam

Turbo the S52. As for cosmetic shit just keep it clean.

BBS.

98 seedan is only tasteful E36 M3

They're expensive as hell. I got them LMs my 540iT

You're in luck then

Tarboing sounds pretty good but I want the NA power.

Also BBS are expensive as fuck, but I do like their rims a lot

get bbs copies like Dare RS
pretty good wheels, cheap, not too heavy

>Tarboing sounds pretty good but I want the NA power.
Supercharge it then. No lag to worry about.

It's a big dumb iron block full of untapped potential. Some sort of forced induction is necessary to make the most of it, and it's usually less complicated than a swap anyway.

>Also BBS are expensive as fuck, but I do like their rims a lot
Style 127.

Rotiform USF.
Also

>burgerspec m3

Roll cage if coupe
No cage if sedan
KYS if convertible

Enkei makes very good quality light weight wheels for a good price. As far as cosmetic mods, the furthest I would go is a carbon hood and maybe fender flares for wider tires. Pic very related.

why would you even consider buying wheels or anything cosmetic until all of your more EXPENSIVE just maintenance items and performance products have yet to even be installed. everybody already knows you drive an M3 already, what are you, some sort of faggot?

keep that car stock looking, they looked good stock and most of them are being riced out by honda fags.

Keep it stock-ish looking and put some old vette or pontiac wheels on it. Done.

Since you are saying "daily":
Keep the S52 and turbo it. Megasquirt pnp and a good tune and you will be doing 400whp++ at 12-13psi (stock headgastket can take it on 99oct, more on E85)
Then build a M50 with the S52 head if/when it blows up and boost even harder.

Or.. just LS and a T56 in it, fuck purists.

whatever you buy for rims, make sure its ONE PIECE.

3 piece rims are fragile and not good for racing.

Buy one piece good racing ready rims.

>Extensive Modifications

Start by replacing all the worn 20 year old rubber/plastic that's in the front suspension (there's a lot of it, you'll likely find your joints to have some amount of play and some vibration or clunking at speed), get it to Stage Zero first

>rim brands
fuck off

>wings
fuck off

>S54/S50B32 swap with no experience on a track car

change the cooling system and make it reliable first, 210whp is enough to learn

once you get gud find a used supercharger for $2000~ and 300-320~whp, KISS keep it simple stupid unless you want to spend your time wrenching and not driving

My daily is an 01 Silverado. Im still busy trying to find a low mile engine. Im just tryna get opinions

Thank you

I had a track car before (me and a friend built it) and it was totaled. Worked on a few swaps (LS kek) so I sorta know what Im doing with it. The S50 is drop in and go but the s54 needs quite a bit of work.
Cooling system on the current car is shot. Headgasket is the problem I think because everything flows

Get the head decked, redo the timing chain (new guides/chain), ARP HG + Studs, and keep the original motor. The HG always craps out from a bad overheating episode, check the back of the block for a oil leak (easily confused with a bad valve cover leak).

Keep the original motor and supercharge it once you get bored of it. 210whp in a 3100lb car is stll quick enough to run down faster cars. You can get them up to 260~ whp with cams/intake manifold/tune ($2000). Do that, Stewart Water Pump, Z3M S54 3-Core Radiator, and new OEM Thermostat/Expansion Tank/Thermostat Housing/Hoses and you'll be able to romp on it all day long and drive back.

Euro motors aren't drop in and go, there's still some degree of wiring involved. A S54 will be cheaper with all said and done. I still feel a built stock motor (headstuds + gasket) + Vortech/Dinan S/C kit and intercooler off the classifieds is your best bet for a reliable, simple 300-400whp on these cars. Get a conservative tune and do your cooling system before all.