2017 Ford GT

Honestly my favorite car ever. I don't understand the hate and need for a v8 when the v6 ecoboost is more than enough for the GT. It's proven it's worth on the race track, won GTLM Daytona, won last year at Le Mans. Honestly people should be advancing in technology for cars and I don't know, is it because it's out of tradition or because a v8 is a necessity? I personally don't think it's wrong because the GT shouldn't be known for its engine, but for its innovation.

Other urls found in this thread:

motoiq.com/Projects/Nissan/240SXLandSpeedRacer.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

v6 is the greatest engine anyway. v8 was the prototype

>I don't understand the hate and need for a v8
The fact that it gets mediocre fuel economy for being all about "eco" when one of the very reasons for going from V8 to V6 is to at least benefit from the fuel economy advantage its like being told to eat some exotic fruit (for reference lets say a Durian) that taste like sweaty skidmark'ed underpants from an 80 year old man who hasn't showered in weeks only to then be told that it offered no more health benefits than if you just ate at subway. That right there is legitimate criticism enough to form an opposing opinion against the engine choice and setup. i don't hate V6s at all, i like the LGX from GM. i like Honda's V6s.

>Honestly people should be advancing in technology for cars
That right there is what makes this a slap in the face. It is no more "advanced" than their V8s. they could've gotten better fuel economy and achieved greater horsepower by going Hybrid.
(a hybrid anything including V8 would've gotten better fuel economy than just turbo V6) This seems to be the future of Super cars going forward anyway so what better way to showcase new technology than that? it also could've been seen as a trickle-down effect for their hybrid economy cars using what they learn on the GT and applying it there. (that) would've been advancing technology.

>the GT shouldn't be known for its engine,
You're right, it should be known for winning Le-mans which it is and this one never will be.
>inb4 "class wins suddenly count now!"

>but for its innovation.
Agreed, any super car of this price and pretentiousness from a shitbox manufacturer should be. unfortunately this one isn't and so far it looks like it isn't really going to offer anything over cars that currently exist and that is the reason i personally feel like its a prank wrapped in irony that went too far and don't like it. i guess its something innovative for Ford and ford alone though. it also pushed GM into finally making an MR as they want an edge in GT.

dat aesthetic tho....

>inb4 "class wins suddenly count now!"
MR2 holds the class land speed record, don't take that away from me.

I'll bite.

There's nothing innovative about this car. It's just a supercar with a V6 turbo not that much different than the alfa V6 apart from the anti-lag.

Ford V6 is best v6.

nice copypasta

This is actually a good post and very well thought out response to meme shitposting, thank you user

just bought mr2.
Tell me more.

>In 1992, Dennis Aase, a member of Toyota's American factory team, became the first driver to achieve over 320 km/h (200 mph) in the car's class as he took his SW20 to a 339.686 km/h (211.071 mph) average. The car posted 326.697 and 352.068 km/h (203 and 218.765 mph) on the two opposing runs required for the record.

The engine was HEAVILY modified, but not swapped, and there wasn't any aero on the body.

Pretty fucking insane.

>and there wasn't any aero on the body.
Ok, that's nuts. Those LSR cars are generally pretty fairly modified.

motoiq.com/Projects/Nissan/240SXLandSpeedRacer.aspx

>displacement cucked by yurop

kek car

>thinking that's the exact car and engine that was used for racing

Fucking benchracers

You obviously haven't had durian. It smells like crap but the taste is great.
Maybe yours was spoiled (I'm not sure how you tell, it does smell like crap...)

Other than that, good response.

There are very negative rumors

As a Ford dude I'd love to hoon the fucking shit out of one on a track

You mean Mazda V6

>Alfa V6 is the best V6
FTFY

What I don't understand is that cars like the GTR don't get shit on for being a TT v6, in fact they get praised for "lol it's a v6 and it beat a v12, GTR is the best car ever made!". Yet this car just gets shit on for it. Is it because Ford still has the stigma for V6 mustangs being total garbage so they think this is garbage too?

Good post user.

I don't like the r35 because of insane price increases since it was introduced, its too heavy, and its pigfat

its transmission is hard to like too