/beginner feels/

>tfw stalled 3 times at the same red light and missed it
>people honking their horns and looking at me angrily
>they don't know that just makes me more nervous
>tfw they don't give slack to a beginner

I've been practicing on side roads since Friday a few hours a day. Thought I'd give it a try and go on busy streets only to cruise pretty smoothly until I get to a red light with cars piling up behind me and making me nervous.

Fellow an/o/ns learning standard, post your feels.

Other urls found in this thread:

sonichu.com/cwcki/Son-Chu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what a weird wojack.

lmao

2013 /r9k/ days

>changing out my battery
>wrench slips and drops down into the engine compartment
>cant reach it

>started learning stick saturday
>only stalled once or twice but cant get a smooth start
>doesn't feel like im improving at all no matter how much time and practice I'm giving it

I know I sound impatient but everyone else is always talking about how they learned stick immediately and drove it perfectly from then on.

Go to a parking lot and learn how not to stall you pleb.
Herr is my advice to both of you. Practice getting going using only the clutch, no gas. Get to a point where you can do it over 5 times in a row without stalling. Now add gas so it doesn't take so long. Congrats, you've learned how to start from a stop.

u need dis ebinachan

>mfw most of my struggles are with my sense of danger and sense of the space my car occupies, along with the speed I take off
>mfw they've literally given a driver's license to an autist

>mfw they've literally given a driver's license to an autist

sonichu.com/cwcki/Son-Chu

>be going down a busy hill
>after a bumper, some guy is quickly maneuvering his car inside a parking lot
>my mind doesn't percieve it as a danger and I keep on going
>my dad in the passanger seat screams for me to stop
>I don't
>later I get told by him that the driver i nthe maneuvering car quicky went into reverse gear to prevent a crash, and that he looked really desperate, probably because his car was pratically brand new
>I end up passing within milimeters of ripping his front bumper

What's up with that Transformers Miata though?

You will get it. I bought my first stick 2 months ago. I'm still not perfect and am improving but it took me a good 2 weeks to get it down. I stalled quite a few times in the first couple weeks.

It helps to have a good car with a powerful engine though, I think. I'm looking at buying another truck and I test drive an F-150 with a 302 in it and I seemed to be much better at shifting smoothly and etc.

>Driven stick for 10 years
>Occasionally stall at busy intersections on purpose just to piss people off
>If anyone asks, I'm borrowing my mom's car and don't know how to drive manual well

>tfw i've nicknamed my car Captain Phasma
>ffw i've been thinking about either putting a First Order or an Galactic Empire logo
>tfw i'm also a cosplayer, with a stormtrooper costume, and I go to events with a cosplaying group
>tfw i'm a fan of transformers too

I always knew I was somewhat screwed up in the head.

In case of doubt, use the e-brake, let go of the clutch a little, accelerate a little, the let go of the e-brake totally, keep the RPMs up while you slowly let go off the clutch. That ought to give you some confidence when taking off a traffic light.

t. beginner

That's a stupid crutch, then he'll just be learning to take off with the e-brake.

Don't be afraid to ride the clutch a little while you getting good at finding the bit point quickly.

I'm telling OP something that helped me a lot.
I learned how to drive in auto school with a car that was so accelerated in idle that you didn't have to put your feet on the accelerator to take off from a traffic light on a flat place.

If he lets go off the clutch and quickly steps the gas gently, there won't be a problem.
I'm just sharing something that helped me see how the whole dynamic works.

RIDE THE CLUTCH. THEY ARE DURABLE AND CAN HANDLE THE RIDING ONCE IN A WHILE.

Beginners ey?
>Attempt to drive stick for the first time
>Had it in 3rd and tried to take off
>Stalled.

>sense of the space my car occupies
So does it just come with practice? I'm either too far or too close to cars parked on the curb. Out on the highway I'm almost always to the right of a lane.

same with my uncle's jeep.

but after i got used to it from there,I willed an acura with a shitty gear box (couldnt even tell when you were in neutral) to start from third shit was wild.

I do not have very much experience with stick...looking to buy one tho.

comes with practice,in safe controlled enviorments see how close you can get your car to a wall,back and front

make super hard turns,etc. work up from there

also confidence is super important. you have to believe yourevgonna make it.

>'96 B20B swap integra
>leaving home
>mistake 3rd for 1st
>gear in, clutch out
>car struggles but takes off anyway

>in safe controlled enviorments
>day 1 of driving lessons
>drive in residential at 10mph
>instructor tells me to give more gas
>I hover at 15
>he tells me to drive to the highway
>forced to speed up because other vehicles
>occasionally go 10mph above the limit
>well at least your giving it gas now
MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

D I A B O L I C A L
I
A
B
O
L
I
C
A
L

Just wait until you have to stop on a steep hill

>had a situation which made me almost late for work
>am gonna make in time, still have 5 minutes left for this 1 mile drive
>light turns green
>fucker in front of me ain't moving
>honk because i wanna get going
>he still ain't moving
>light turns red
>i turn red of rage
>late for work, no time for a quick stop at the coffee machine gonna be a long shitty day

>He needs coffee just to function at work properly

What a fag.

kek

>Not nick naming your car the Aluminum Falcon

>leaves it there

>amerilard
>unable to drive manual
>gets a licence that permits to do so in public
>stalls, halts traffic, presents a great danger on high speeds
Sorry for being """"obsessed"""", but this is just retarded. In Jewrope people who learn on automatics get licence that only allows for automatics. Should be adopted imo.

> In Jewrope people who learn on automatics get licence that only allows for automatics. Should be adopted imo.
I don't think that's the right way of approach desu.
I think everyone should be required to start on manual so they know more about their cars and don't fuck up in traffic.

>put truck away after doing oil change
>come back next week
>nothing
>nothing works at all
>but I charged the battery
>don't bother testing, figure it's a wiring fault
>buy DMM
>start testing cables for continuity
>test battery for grins
>6v
>hook up jump box
>everything powers up
>charger simply did a poor job and I wasted a week whining about muh harnesses

Why do you keep stalling though? I've had my first manual for coming up on a month and whenever I'm on an incline and scarred about stalling I just give the car more gas. Hey you might spin the wheels and look like an ass-hat but better then stalling a bunch.

This, just step on the gas and let the clutch slip a little. It doesn't really damage the clutch as long as you don't do it all the time.

jesus christ youre worst than my wife. by the 3rd try shed just WOT and dump the clutch.

>Fellow an/o/ns learning standard, post your feels.
Learned not to stall in 30 minutes, all smooth sailing from there. You might have a mental deficiency.

hey guys, i've no problems with stalling after a few hours spent practicing. quick tip: be gentle with the clutch, and keep a confident rpm. Also when the engine wants to stall, either give gas, or push the clutch alll the way in.

i have an other kind of issue (manly because i've been driving for about 2 hours in my life): how do you make fine corrections? I mean like when there's 40cm space in front of you, and the car behind you in the parking lot is a tad bit closer, so in order to even off the distance, you have to roll 20cm forward. any help? i'm always a bit harsh and give too much gas, and end up 60cm away, or almost stall because not enough gas.
BTW, don't want to try it with actual objects, i don't want to fuck up our family daily, but might try it with bottles of water

do it front of a BMW

they get REALLY buttmad

I hope it comes to me, my spacial awareness on the road is atrocious. The other day I launched my clapped out golf from traffic lights almost straight into the side of a long van. The traffic lights were on a sharp corner so I swerved into the middle of the road, my bumber just about touched the side of his van, he was the one that actually veered out of the way quickly, I have no fucking idea how even he saw me. I wasn't even looking at the road I was looking at my fucking milage counter thing in my dash

Luckily my car is too shit to actually accelerate quickly else I would have killed someone/myself by now. god help all of you