Find a flaw with the Giulia

Find a flaw with the Giulia.

I'll wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

fastestlaps.com/comparisons/mb2ljdhfb8tt
autocar.co.nz/autocar-news-app/alfa-romeo-giulia-named-in-top-10-best-interiors-for-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's big and heavy

the car is fine but you are not

It's an FCA product.

Here's your (You).

>FCA
>not an ev

Consumer Report's long-term tester has spent more time in the service bay at the dealer than on the road.

It's ugly AF. I hate Alfa Romeo design. Rather have an Accord

very nice looking car but can we really trust the spaghetti niggers to build long lasting durable cars?

A resounding "no."

>However, in other areas, Alfa Romeo seems like a stuck record, its needle unable to play past a reputation for poor quality.

>One Giulia was wheeled off like an A&E casualty after the infotainment system failed.

>Another I drove had an engine warning light screaming for attention from the instrument binnacle, and the cruise control refused to switch on.

>A third car tested suffered a frozen infotainment system, which could only be brought back to life by stopping the car and switching the ignition off and back on, and at times some air vents stopped blowing air whilst others continued.

>One colleague suffered jammed parking sensors, so they drove around with the car going “beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”.

>Giulia faster than M4 GTS
Lmao and italikeks actually believe this

Are you dense, or just blind?

The fact the license plate isn't centered triggers me. A car needs to be perfectly symmetrical or it's shit

I can name a few flaws
>philosophy of car taken from M3
>body design copied from 3 series
>melting mazda 6 front end
>poor interior build quality
>V6 aka compromise configuration
>automatic transmission (instead of a proper DCT)
>more expensive than C63 or M3
>brake by wire (lol no brake feel)
>column-mounted shift paddles
>shit infotainment system
>semi-slick R compound track tyres as standard
>still slower than the competition (M3 CP/C63S) on track
>horribly overweight (curb weight 1672-1733kg)
And most importantly:
>FCA meme tier reliability

It's one of the worst looking Alfa's ever to exist, and I hope to god the design language starts to grow on me.

>>philosophy of car taken from M3
Not a bad thing.
>>body design copied from 3 series
>>melting mazda 6 front end
Both subjective.
>>poor interior build quality
Agreed.
>>V6 aka compromise configuration
Alfa has been using the V6 since 1979. The only shame is that it isn't the glorious Busso, but then again, the Busso doesn't make 500hp in TT trim.
>>automatic transmission (instead of a proper DCT)
ZF 8HP is a lot better than most DCT's in daily use, performs similarly in track use, while having much better NVH values. Also, you're a pleb if you don't buy the manual.
>>more expensive than C63 or M3
Depends on the market. It's cheaper than an M3 here, but more expensive than the C63. In the Uk, the C63 is the most expensive, and the M3 the cheapest. You don't buy one of these three for the price, you buy one because you want to be seen in one of those three brands.
>>brake by wire (lol no brake feel)
Thank god you've driven one. I can accept a lack of trust in BBW systems, but brake feel wasn't exactly a problem in the QV to me.
>>column-mounted shift paddles
True.
>>shit infotainment system
You don't buy one for the infotainment. Also, >having any faith in the performance of italian electronics
>>semi-slick R compound track tyres as standard
Not a bad thing.
>>still slower than the competition (M3 CP/C63S) on track
[citation needed]
>>horribly overweight (curb weight 1672-1733kg)
1655 actually. 1615 for the C63, 1635 for the M3.

It has one of the best looking interiors I've ever seen.

30 grazie pepperoni have been deposited to your account

You should see some more interiors then. I wish Alfa had nabbed that Volvo designer instead of Tesla, because his work was on point.

Grazie mille salami

>>still slower than the competition (M3 CP/C63S) on track

fastestlaps.com/comparisons/mb2ljdhfb8tt
>Verdict: Giulia QV is the fastest by considerable margin.

I could list all of the tracks not mentioned on fastestlaps where the M3 CP has the Giulia beat. Same day same driver

>You will never be able to afford this car

>BRAKE
>BY
>WIRE

ITT: Massive denial

Nah, just the fact that for the money you can get either the sportier M3 or comfier C63 and both of which will be more reliable with better interiors.
The Giulia is a very good car but I'd wait for version 2.0

A lot bigger than I was hoping for.

You want to buy the M3 competition package and the C63 S, not the standard base models, if you want to make a proper comparison and same equipment.

It has already been proven that with these conditions the Giulia is the cheaper of the log in most of the markets

>the most reliable Italian cars are the Fiats built in Mexico by dumb-as-brick Mexicans in a Dodge factory

I wonder how the Italians live with themselves knowing that.

Alfa is going to go out of business, there isn't going to be a 2.0

Base M3 is $64.995
M3 with Competition Package costs $69.995
Giulia Q costs starting from $73.595 and you can't even find one for the MSRP at any dealership because of huge markups

I need to move to the US

The US isn't the only market in the world.

>you can't even find one for the MSRP at any dealership because of huge markups
Could that be, dare I say it, because it's worth the markup?

Wire break? Into the trash it goes

shills

Looks pretty cool but the fact that it has 2 completely different styles of vents makes it looks like shit

because Giulias are being sold at exotic car dealerships among Maseratis and Ferraris because of the lack of Alfa dealerships in the US.

Giulia driver here...
I think the most legitimate criticisms so far are:
brake by wire, the car stops well, it just doesn't feel good doing it.

No one is mentioning only comes in auto trans in US. I wanted an automatic so my wife can drive it but I know some purists will never let it go. Also driving the new corvette in automatic and realizing I could never shift that fast brought me around...

The Giulia truly is a drivers car, the feel and feedback truly has to be experienced... Italy dialed that fucker in perfectly...

You have shit taste

gas is cheaper too

We had one on the benchmark platform at work (a fully loaded diesel model, not qv) and the build quality is pretty much what you expect from a fiat, lose/ wobbly trims, wavy leather seat covers, weird gaps - but then again I'm doing quality management so I'm sensible for that kind of stuff. No comments on the ride quality since I guess you can't compare a normal model with a Ferrari powered sport version

You drive on the wrong side of the road though

but thats common for just about any new car. no one really expects first year models to be any good.
that goes for every damn car made. even a porsche has improved parts over time.

and a lot of people die in car accidents. but there are very very few speed cameras.
insurance is cheaper
gas is cheaper
you boys get raped by insurance.

Pic or it didn't happen

>lose/ wobbly trims, wavy leather seat covers, weird gaps

The assembly and panel tolerances are similar to what you can find in an Audi A4.

>quality management

Sure

For every delusional fuck here:

autocar.co.nz/autocar-news-app/alfa-romeo-giulia-named-in-top-10-best-interiors-for-2017

>For those who haven't heard of WardsAuto before, they are a world-leading provider of automotive insights and analysis, providing an intelligence unit having served the industry's information needs for more than 90 years.
>They spent two months evaluating over 30 vehicles and scoring them based on materials, ergonomics, driver information, safety, comfort, fit-and-finish and aesthetics.

You just don't want to listen to german owned magazines, who are butthurt about the car.

Autocar.com (not the same I've linked) said the Giulia interior is fine but had plastics that literally made the interior look 10 years old compared to the latest german models.

They accurately avoided saying that all the new console and panels have been developed by Faurecia as a new generation material family which is eventually going to serve other models from other manufacturers...Faurecia is the same company who supplies Audi and Bmw...they're leaders in what they do and they surely don't produce low quality plastics as the reviewers want you to believe.

It's like they have a production line only for Alfa Romeo in which they produce shit quality parts, under their standars, just because it's Alfa Romeo.

>FIX
>IT
>AGAIN
>TONY

What has Fiat to do with Alfa?

>one of the best looking interiors I've ever seen.
Well looks like you didn't see any interiors before in your life. This one is mediocre at best

>Alfa belongs to FCA ( Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
I have no fucking idea

And so?

Seat is part of VAG group among with Audi but the quality of the interiors of their cars is utterly different. What's your point?

Alfa Romeo has different production plants and is fully separated from Fiat, even if for the moment is under the FCA family.

North American here.

It's an Alfa which already leaves a bad taste in people's mouths after their last venture here. (it didn't go too well)

The name it's self sounds fucking stupid. Maybe if they called it the Julia....

This is north America, You can show up here with a not even 400hp $90k car and expect people to be impressed. People in the real world don't give a fuck about laptimes. They just want to go fast on the highway, pull hard from lights and look good. You'll be doing neither in that slow Kia looking thing.

thats what my station wagon weighs and i have a lot less hp than that. and my car isnt slow.
thats pretty strong.

It's very very ugly.

It's not slow compared to normal cars, But compare it with cars that are in that price range and it becomes pretty "slow". That kind of money gets you a 800+hp demon or hellcat.

I sat in it at the NY Auto Show and was extremely disappointed. It looks nice from the outside but the interior feels incredibly cheap, the paddle shifters are HUGE and right against the steering wheel. You cant turn the wheel without your fingers hitting them. I would never buy it

then dont pay sticker? who the fuck does?
i dont see the problem. they can call it whatever they want, i bet you can pay that much for a fucking suburban if you wanted

it's an alfa romeo.
That's a huge flaw.

Haggling down an Italian luxury sports car... Yeah right. They'll kick you out of the showroom.

At least the Suburban makes more power and won't be breaking down constantly, Which is nice.

thats not true at all. when i was there the dealer was desperate to sell the 4c. tell me why you are afraid of salesmen?

>The name it's self sounds fucking stupid.
>Maybe if they called it the Julia....
>North American here
>If I don't like it then it must be stupid

Just KYS asap.

I'm clearly not the only one that doesn't like it considering they've sold about 5 here. Nice try Italy.

>You cant turn the wheel without your fingers hitting them. I would never buy it
>I sat in it at the NY Auto Show
>Static car
>Engine off
>No power steering
>Not able to turn the wheel

Are you that dense? Seriously I saw retarded anons being better trolls than (you)

Not a single fuck driving a Ferrari complained about the size of the paddles, and the ones in the Alfa are very similar.

You want paddles that big because you can use them while steering instead of pic related which is a joke made of plastic instead of being realized from a single block of aluminium.

>I'm clearly not the only one that doesn't like it considering they've sold about 5 here. Nice try Italy.

I know that Americans are retarded and specials but avoid buying a car for its name is beyond human comprehension.

>What has Fiat to do with Alfa?
I answered your question, nothing else.

>Seat is part of VAG group among with Audi but the quality of the interiors of their cars is utterly different
Hmmmm, makes me think. Why would they put cheap interior into the cheap badge car and better quality into the expensive badge car? NO FUCKING CLUE

>Alfa Romeo has different production plants and is fully separated from Fiat
Sure. You work at Alfa or how do you know it's """fully separated""" from Fiat?

>Italian car maker sell its cars in the American market
>Americans complain because the Italian name is stupid and want the name being "translated"
>American car maker sell its cars in the Italian market
>Italians don't complain because they can pronounce the name in a different language than theirs

Keep defending this overly expensive piece of italian crap.

> but avoid buying a car for its name is beyond human comprehension
As if it would only be the name...

That's the way she goes. That's why our cars have manly and powerful names while you people drive "clios" Sorry for having some self respect. Sorry for not wanting to drive a "Twingo"

>Hmmmm, makes me think. Why would they put cheap interior into the cheap badge car and better quality into the expensive badge car? NO FUCKING CLUE

That's the point, so why are you implying that while VAG can do this kind of stuff with their cars the FCA group can't?

Alfa Romeo is premium and Fiat is "generalist".

>Sure. You work at Alfa or how do you know it's """fully separated""" from Fiat?

Because Alfa Romeo has its own management, style center, buildings and offices, dedicated production plans, dedicated workers, dedicated private tracks (Balocco) for developing their models, It's called Alfa Romeo s.p.a. (and not Fiat s.p.a.), uses different platforms from every other brand in the family, etc..

Apart from the fact that Alfa Romeo with the reborn is going to be like Ferrari in the future, separated from FCA, as of today they work alone using mother Fiat funds.

Nigger, Americans can't even speak English properly, and you want them to know Italian?

>why are you implying that while VAG can do this kind of stuff with their cars the FCA group can't?
You are implying this. Since it is """fully separated""". Why would they fkn care? See?

>as of today they work alone using mother Fiat funds
And you think mother Fiat does that for free without wanting any say in this. Cute, how naive...

Mexican and Italian are pretty much the same shit. Gorlami.

Well who fuckin care's about Italian. It is the dipshit version of latin for retards. Pretty fitting for ((you)) if you ask me.

wow its like I can move my hands on the wheels as if I was turning. My knuckles smack the paddles every time I tried. Literally no other car I sat in was like that. Plus they had a LOT of play in them, would not be responsive like say the nissans. Though the rest of the car is still pretty shit for the price

it's hideous

I'm not the one who originally said "It's FCA" implying that this statement = shit quality.

I have a brain and legs to travel with to the nearest Alfa Romeo dealer and see for myself the quality of these cars, and my opinion is: the new Giulia and Stelvio are 10 times better than what I saw with the Giulietta, who is disappointing (and thankfully is going to be replaced soon by the new RWD premium model).

FCA is the head of the family and they can control the companies in a certain way but Alfa Romeo was given billions for the reborn project and "white paper" for the Giorgio platform and the Giulia itself: they were free to create the car as they wanted.

FCA has to regain the billions they've invested in this project and after that, when Alfa Romeo will produce money we'll see what is going to happen.

>implying I'm Italian
stay mad fatty

You know that the pronounce of "Giulia" and "Julia" is the same?

Never saw a Mexican car doing a lap time of 7:32 minutes @ the burger ring, though.

Introducing the: ALFA ROMEO GIULIA THREADS LAW

If an Alfa Romeo Giulia thread appears, it would be filled with a few posts (and eventually go 404 pretty fast) if the OP looks like this:

>What do you think about this car, lads?

If the OP looks like this:

>Are you mad BMW fangirls/BMW a shit/Best car of the world/etc

then it would be filled with hundred of posts of flame and memes without actually discussing the car or posting pictures.

In conclusion, on Veeky Forums it's impossible to have an Alfa Romeo Giulia thread without shitposting from both sides.

>FCA
>No V8 turbo

Why are you defending the piece of shit then?

I said the languages were the same. Like I said before nobody in the real world gives a fuck about laptimes nor do most people even know what the fuck a nurburgering is. They think that's a new special at Carl Jr's. btw the Camaro is faster on the ring and cheaper.

>melting mazda 6 front end
Fuck off
Mazda 6 isn't nearly that ugly

>entire front end looks pretty awful
>less badge prestige than german luxury
>loses to the corvette (like the gtr kek)
>probably costs a lot but I have no idea as it doesn't interest me in the slightest
>honestly that grill... a face only a mother could love

Name is too hard for americans to pronounce.
Ask me how i know.

roll

>his name is Giulio or Giulia

rawlin

Alfa NEEDS those oversized paddles because they are COLUMN MOUNTED which is utterly retarded for a sports car. The M3/C63 has smaller and much more practical paddles which don't disrupt reaching wiper or turn signal stalks

>C63 lighter than M3
Yeah nah
Car and Driver weighed the C63S at 4102 lbs (1860kg)
M3 (non CP) at 3559 lbs (1614 kg)
Giulia Q at 3822 lbs (1733 kg)

Goddamn what did that Maria do to land a fuckin' $1 million bond? That must have been some counterfeiting operation.

What the fuck is an illegal twerk?

it's built in southern italy

(read: cobbled together by sub-saharan africans)

>removed tattoo on abdomen
?

It's an Alfa Romeo and there's absolutely nothing to suggest that it won't be a horribly unreliable nightmare in a few years like every car Alfa has ever made.

Funny, since that Bmw in the real world was the one with the extremely faulty and unreliable N47 diesel...unlike the Alfa Romeo multijet which is smooth as fuck.

No coupe.

>Pentastar V6

Believe it :^)

How do you know it's a diesel? Maybe it's a 130i