Bad Driving

How much of a fucked up country is yours when it comes to driver skills?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCuPI3dGRg-YV5Eo9oO5JQyg/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AGS9Sdtipec
youtube.com/watch?v=l9O4I99oXxs
youtube.com/user/truckdriver1982/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=aaGE1PgQG-o
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1493921569251.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>America
>The fuck are you doing?
I don't know how often I have to utter those words while im driving....

>Germany
>think it's pretty bad but Frenchies, Poles etc. are even worse
France should definitely be in the Retarded tier on that map.

Germans are pretty impatient drivers with very little respect for speed limits, but at least on a factual skill level we're solid and we respect most other traffic rules.

Didn't really look at the colors of America, mostly looked at Russia when I picked the colors, but USA is in the shit drivers, I intended them to be just outside the shit drivers and just below good drivers because putting them together with Russians is unfair for America.

Let me gently make you remember where you drive your new polished sweet heart.

youtube.com/channel/UCuPI3dGRg-YV5Eo9oO5JQyg/videos

Quick reminder that Canadians are such bad drivers that they managed to produce TWELVE seasons of this show so far and they don't seem to run out of candidates.

youtube.com/watch?v=AGS9Sdtipec

US should be broken down by state.

Not really, they're just varying degrees of terrible. Even the "good" ones barely achieve driving on absolutely idiot-proof American roads. And yes, I've been to the US, the roads are absolutely idiot-proof. Low speed limits, large 90° intersections with traffic lights, absolutely no extraordinary situations that could possibly arise from the road layout.

Depends.

I see the states like different countries just like in EU, the pro side is that all states speak English.

But I didn't make the map for it, so I couldn't be bothered to make up fake statistics for USA, nor do I have a clue on which states have the best worst unless I google it and claim I knew it from the start just to get internet fame points.

Want to post some dash cam shots from your state?
Dash cams from my country are so mild they become boring since nothing really happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=l9O4I99oXxs
youtube.com/user/truckdriver1982/videos

Even the so called road rage videos are dull.

The reason US could be separated by state is that some states have DMV where you need to at least drive high way and such, not that sure of there's a mandatory manual transmission test for those that expect to drive manual.
Like here, those that drive with an automatic gets a handicapped driving license that prohibit you from driving a manual and putting others in danger.

Stereotyping that all of the roads are idiot proof is moronic. If you go to the midwest where they designed the roads after the automobile caught on, the intersections are huge, well lit, clear, etc.. If you go to a city that's older that established roads before the age of the automobile (e.g. New York, Boston, Philly) the roads are fucking terrible, many of the roads are undersized and are poorly maintained for their volume of traffic, confusing intersections, etc.

I drove the rental out of Manhattan. No worse than a European city, roads still straight and at a right angle, only a little fuller than elsewhere. The only large American city that's even remotely comparable to a European city is Boston, and even then it only applies to the historic core.

Fucking OBSESSED

Makes me interested in what kind of country you drive in.

It's a strange thing in USA then, because smaller roads doesn't mean they are more of a problem to drive on here, in fact it makes it safer since people start paying attention to their surroundings rather than cruising their land driven oil tankers with their phones up.

>USA
I don't really see people driving completely shitty, just driving slow in the fast lane, being unable to park, and causing traffic.
Best shit I've seen was a motorcyclist cut through traffic on the shoulder then once the traffic hit, it's because his dumbass crashed up ahead.
Most shit I see is due to poor maintenance

>just driving slow in the fast lane
>being unable to park
>and causing traffic.
Having good DMV would've fixed this since they don't learn how to do it right from the start, BEFORE they end up driving by habit.

>due to poor maintenance
Having yearly (or even bi-yearly) car inspections by law would fix this as well.

It's so easy to fix it, but it'd take a generation to flush out the stupid off the road and pave way to the new generation that learned how to drive, NOT learned how to manage to drive.

Guess it depends on standards and which European cities we're talking about then.

Smaller roads as in one lane roads are usually safer, although you have to depend on drivers paying attention. When you get to 2-3 lane highways that support way more traffic then they were designed to, you get far less leniency in the following distances and a lot more jockeying between lanes (lane changes) that lead to increases in the number of conflict points (and therefore accidents).

We also have shit public transport as a general rule in the US which probably increases the fatality rate in terms of drunk driving. The official statistics on this are misleading though, because if you're driving 100% sober with me in the passenger seat with detectable alcohol in my blood and three passengers (also sober) in the back, and then you get into an accident with another driver that kills all of us, that would be considered 6 "alcohol related fatalities", even though you and the other driver weren't drunk. Lies, damn lies, and statistics. OP's statistic is "traffic accidents" according to the WHO though, not just drunk driving.

Most of them. No European city is built like a grid. The most American road structure you'll see is a ring expressway.

All 50 states are different.

Members of the union of yuropeon cuckolds may not appreciate this fact.

>shit public transport
While I haven't been taking the bus in almost 12 years I still hate it since one route I took to my old work which was 12 minutes away by car took the bus 1 hour and 44 minutes.

Statistics here would be specific, one car, condition of the drivers that caused it and passangers would be separated from the cause and just listed as passengers, if they where drunk they'd report it but wouldn't be put in the same statistics as the drivers.

"Racist" YES here, I know that the states are different, and while I treat the states like countries (since they do have different laws in them) many treat it as one big chunk of 'murica in the same way US citizen think EU and/or Europa is a country.
Mostly shitposters and older people think that way luckily.

You answer first

Completely different. Should be a piece of cake to tell me which state this traffic scene is from then.

I live in: >"Racist" YES here
youtube.com/watch?v=aaGE1PgQG-o
Video VERY related.

that's from oklahoma, but it's easy to tell without reference to the plates that it's in the middle of the country where all the infrastructure was built much later.

Congratulations, you know how to reverse google. I've seen some plates in my life and these are absolutely irrecognizable.

vids like this make me want to buy a dashcam, handgun and bigger brakes.

Been thinking the same.
I'll buy one, some day...

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1493921569251.webm

it's not as hard as you might think, also a lot of my customers live in midwestern areas so I live in NY and get sent to flights in customers in IA, ID, NE, etc... so I have a decent familairity with the midwest from personal experience.

anyhow, we may not have unique signage in each state (other than license plates most of which are usually highly concentrated in-state) but different states are different and even different parts of the same state. Moline IL is totally different from Chicago IL. Champlain NY is totally different from NYC. to stereotype the roads based on just state alone is silly, and between states it depends on a variety of factors for average road condition/build. the midwest tends to be easier as it was generally built up in population later with shitloads of flat land, making building huge intersections that are well signed easy.

That's the case for historic road layouts, but even the east has seen massive road constructions after the advent of the car, and they're all car centric. All the detached housing suburbs and highways are post-war constructions. In fact they tore some of them right through historic cities. And even before the car people already sought to lay out towns as grids.