What's their deal?

What's their deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YUefSKCjP8w#t=24m29s
youtube.com/watch?v=aa1JanIQ-mI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I enjoy their show. I'm trying to learn more about cars so I can do projects too one of these days.

Le so randum humor xDDDD

Rip dog

it broke hahahaha
we're stranded hahaha
look how we butcher this hahaha
it's leaking hahaha
so noisy lol

why do people watch this shit?

That's RCR you're thinking of.

their early episodes were much better

Damn, they both used to be thinner.
>suburban has long since been forgotten
feels bad.
Aside from the constant shilling now, I still like the show, and I've been watching since episode 6 aired.

no they weren't

>2 best cars, the Suburban and General Mayhem, have been forgotten
feels HELLA bad man

they're afraid to change it up it seems

I wish they would dabble with efi with actual fuel rails a bit more but I like their style.
Bork

The deal is that for 5 dollars a month you can subscribe to motor trend on demand™ and get loads of great content, including this episode which is premiering now as well as daily content and extra behind the scenes footage of your favourite shows.

>Plugging the company they work for
What sellouts

>they both used to be thinner.
Have you seen mullet Freiburger from the old Hot Rod days? Dude was a chubster.

They do fun stuff and have an appealingly slap-dash approach to things.
Also big block.

Bork

I like it a lot. Shows how much you can do with cars if you just put effort into things. For the most part you can do whatever they do at home.

Not to mention super genuine guys.

The are shilling for Fiat Chrysler now.

>no real talent so they build shit cars that are shit but "LOL RATROD!!!!!" "SO RETRO!"

Are these two actually making roadkill still? Last I saw Frei he was dyno-ing engines and the other dude was fucking with a shit trucck and filming it with a $45 handheld camcorder from a pawnshop.

memes and sponsorship money

>effort
lmao
I do love their show though, they are really cool dudes and truly are living my dreams

Holy shit.

>hating finnegan's garage shenanigans
but why user

>no real talent
>despite working for hot rod/petersen's 4wheel/etc for a combined total of decades and having multiple 200mph club records

It's refreshing, I think. They do crazy, funny shit with cool and sometimes aweful cars. Makes most TV auto programs where everything is perfect all the time look boring as hell in comparison. I've actually seen them in person and they really like hanging out with fans, doing events, and are really cool guys.

Don't know if all the breakages are faked or not, but it's hard to say.

its not as good as it used to be, i think they're trying to appeal to normies

having owned a few shitboxes, I'm simply amazed that they manage to break vehicles this much, which leads me to believe that most of them are staged.

long ago two dudes did rad shit with junkyard cars while dishing out based advice and sick burns
Then everything changed when the doge jews invested

Now everything seems scripted and they talk like sellouts
>Le general maintenance B Co$ all it needs

Man I love these guys. They get it I mean it's about seeing shit a saying "I can work with this." My last 3 cars were under 700 dollars and lasted me 4 to 6 years. A old dart with 3 on the tree, a 94 tempo, and my current a 95 Lincoln town car.

Disgusting... Looks like the automotive neckbeard. He even has all the autistic knowledge.

Somehow he still has that same fucking hat, too.

Where do you even find a hat like that?

Their deal is selling magazines to Millennials who never bought a Hot Rod magazine. You tube needed higher quality content so they gave more money and advertising to established media companies to create original content. Guess what it worked and now they sell their own roadkill magazine along with a subscription to video media MTOD. I don't know why they bother shilling the show here I thought we were a bunch of haxxorz that download shit for free.

i fucking hate how they dont do the basic shit , the corvette buggy episode they find a fluid leak and instead of checking it or fixing it they just run another lap killing it

If you put it like that you can make anything bad. Maybe you should kill yourself.

They are honestly Veeky Forums if we had skill and money

>I don't know why they bother shilling the show here
They don't.

You think someone is getting paid to post on Veeky Forums? you're delusional.

Everything is scripted. They have "blooper" shit on extras now, and most of the intersting extras ended up on youtube anyways.
At least it isnt ot the level of sponsorshit as DED, which is basically just ads for Jeep and other sponsors now (what the fuck was that minibike shit?) Unless you REALLY want to watch rk garage (or the non original series parts of the site) its not worth your $5.

>DED
Hey guys look at this Jeep we bought and then put $20k worth of axles in it then we supercharge it and put $3k worth of rims and tyres on it and then we just drive it around a construction site haha

Absolutely yes they are called internet marketing. What do you think Elena does. no one here talks about roadkill ever yet magically a thread appears right before a new episode comes out.

You're confusing lack of talent for lack of concern.

Frieburger more like...
ASSSBURGER
lmao

>no real talent
>freiburger has broken land speed records at bonneville and has a 2000hp camaro
>used to fly out of state with rick pewe to a jeep that hasnt ran in years and fix it enough to drive back home
>finnegan building a twin turbo 711 cubic inch drag boat in his garage
The show is for fun

They do stuff most people can actually afford to do. I watch because my pickup is clapped out and it's fun to see them dealing with the same struggles as I have.

I have a newer daily driver, but use the truck regularly for gathering supplies for that yard and house. The thing gives me at least a project every other week. One day it needs a brake line so I do them all. Next the exhaust flange falls apart at the manifold, so I do long pipe headers. And on and on it goes.. Maybe one day it'll be a track truck with a 392 in it, but not for a while.

Finnegan more like...
Finn NEVER again

But you can't do the shit they do. They have tools you don't, experience you don't, and they spend thousands of dollars on parts in a fucking day to make something run at all, instead of working with what they have or scrounging in junkyards for a deal. Sure the base car is a piece of shit that cost $500, but then they drop a $7000 crate engine in it or overhaul the fucking transmission. You think you can custom-fab engine mounts to swap anything into anything else like they do? Your harbor freight welder isn't powerful enough to penetrate that thickness of steel and you probably don't own a plasma cutter. You don't even know how to begin sizing up the swap unless someone else did it first and put a tutorial on the internet. And they NEVER get this shit inspection-worthy, but then drive it on the road anyway because the network can afford the tickets when they get pulled over for clogging up a highway with their dilapidated shitbox that somehow still can't climb a hill without stalling, despite them being some kind of experts.

RCR isn't randum, he's chaotic.

watch the old hot rod channel stuff pre-roadkill and they're literally using harbor freight shit with gratuitous zipties

Someone give me the quick rundown on their dogue though

The Macho suburban got sold to someone in... Greenland? I want to say it was sold somewhere outside of the US

dog is dead, user

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEE HOW DID THIS HAPPEN THAT DOGGO LOOKS LIKE MINE

youtu.be/YUefSKCjP8w#t=24m29s

>2k hp camaro
Can literally be done at any tuner shop. It's not impressive anymore. And putting garbage together isn't skill. Putting together nice cars, that also look nice, is a skill. Slapping after-market parts on a motor isn't skill, any asshole can do it.

Finnegan's garage is pretty kino. He is the better of the two

>experience you don't
I am a career mechanic for a railroad. I have experience you don't and probably money too. Railroad's been kind to me.

My job is literally a daily episode of Roadkill where I drop brand new Cat engines into equipment worth a grand.

>They have tools you don't, experience you don't, and they spend thousands of dollars on parts in a fucking day to make something run at all, instead of working with what they have or scrounging in junkyards for a deal

Oh, so that's the metric they would have to achieve in order for you to like them?

Fuck off.

how does one become a railroad mechanic

Ha, I didn't even read half of that first time around. You sure assume a lot. I own a rather nice arc welder that runs on 240V, my buddy does mig and tig for my nicer projects. And as a career mechanic, pretty much every thing I do is my own figuring out. Youtube is okay, but there's nothing on replacing a power assembly on an EMD SW1001 Locomotive. I don't remember what the rest of your garbage was that I was going to argue against, but I'm sure you're a blast at parties all the same.

Also,
>projecting this hard

They required five years experience in heavy duty Diesel. Luckily, I had been working on a fleet of Freightliners for six years when the position opened up so I pretty much walked the interview. Started out at $32/hour, I'm at $37 now with overtime anytime I want. Work 6-2 m-f.

Sometimes you can apply to work as a track worker (manual labor grunt work) and move into mechanical if you can display proficiency, but the real cream is in being a locomotive engineer. Waaaay more money for less work. But I just like turning a wrench, so here I am a dumb mechanic for life.

>Tfw having hoarding HR issues since I was a kid and feeling good seeing some of Frieberger's plans come to fruition

i didnt know battle rappers had actual day jobs
youtube.com/watch?v=aa1JanIQ-mI

>inspection-worthy
what kind of cuck state do you live in?

is being a mechanic ebin "back breaking" work? it looks like fun

Is it though? Didn't Frieberger mention in a show that fans wanted to see more of their off camera stuff. He said "trust me, you don't" because a lot of the stuff we don't see is boring. He used a clip of Finnegan trying to make up a car trivia game that just fell flat.

You sound like a very negative person, and I think you've already decided you don't like the show so you'll find any reason you can to criticize it. Why don't you give us an example of something you like?

somehow not getting instantly arrested and fined
then having their shit box impounded and crushed

You're in some cucked EU contry right?

Why does the ground look like baked beans?

So that's where the General Mayhem came from? RK hasn't been going since 2010, has it?

actually HOT ROD magazine staffers who were making these videos in their free(?) time. and they only get 3 days out of a month to work on their projects (like MCM who do videos in heir spare time) hot rod magazine decided to make some money from it too with the early access etc with the subs. if you still want the free vids they are still on once a month.

frieburger said when the dog died her name was actually mika.

Yea sometimes I forget some of you faggots have to go through emissions test. Shit cracks me up.

Dont like it, dont watch it. No need for you to be a miserable fuck... Thats my friendly advice.

Speak for yourself, you useless fuck. You are pretending to know what your talking about, and failing miserable. Car frames are 14-18gauge, not 1/4", and nobody NEEDS a plasma, they just make things easier.

Shut the fuck up, faggot.

what type of bakes beans do you eat?

>But you can't do the shit they do.
Not with that attitude.

>I don't like this show because xyz

>You're clearly just going to give reasons why you don't like this show

Topkek. Nice logic faggot brain.

Not that guy, but cars and trucks are back breaking. You can use lifting equpiment for engines, gearboxes and other heavy shit but there is no way to avoid hunching over an engine bay all day.

Well, “Roadkill,” launched in 2012 as part of YouTube’s effort to fund content from a mix of Hollywood and traditional media players, averages 3 million views an episode.Mr. MacKenzie noted that when the company started a Facebook page for “Roadkill” on a Friday afternoon, it generated 30,000 likes the first weekend before the company posted any content. “When you see stuff like that going on…that’s off the charts engagement,” he said.

“I know this customer,” he said. “They collect this information, and they consume massive quantities online of everything we can feed them. Inevitably, they have a stack of magazines in their house.”

Ideally for Motor Trend, they’ll add one more magazine to the stack.

And get this: the team behind Motor Trend isn’t just trying to get those YouTube-loving millennials to put down their phones and pick up a magazine. It’s charging them $9.99 an issue.

My "logic" comes from the fact that you believe they're trying to impress anyone, and that you think you're some authority on what constitutes "skill". My opinion's valid, look at your ready use of insults. You ARE a negative person, and you probably suck the fun out of your own life as well as the people around you.

Ya they are doing it for money, advertising Hotrod media empire and whatever other sponsor they need to shill to get paid. Don't forget you can go to their drag week events and buy the road kill mag too because it's dope. I mean it's like this show was made for our age group and demographic. Like they knew exactly how to make what we wanted to see.