How fucked is a 30 y.o

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

How fucked is a 30 y.o. with $50,000 in student debt and a degree in English?

Asking for a friend.

SniperGod
SniperGod

i would tell your "friend" to buy a nice pair of "knee pads"

SniperWish
SniperWish

Stop making excuses and go get a job in sales

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

all joking aside, you can make good money teaching english abroad. mainly in developed asian countries.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

u dun goofed

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

How does it cost 50k for an English degree?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Honestly is a degree in English good?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

English degree

LMAO

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

make good money teaching english abroad

not really though. money, sure. good money... nah, not by any adult standards which you should have by the tim you are 30.

FastChef
FastChef

Guy, ffs. I'll curse you out and everyone that keeps posting this shit. Degrees are only worth what you put into them. Fuck, make that degree work for you. I meet people who have degrees from all different areas of study. Just because you have a degree in English doesn't mean you can't work in another field. It doesn't make you any less of entrepreneur. If you have to ask how to make money, then you really don't deserve it.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Head Engineer at work has a degree in biology or something. We make shit out of metal.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

this is so true it's almost a meme.
I've met several biologists working in mining and water treatment labs.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I'd suggest practicing what are known as "throat kegels" for better employment options.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

If you have >100k in assets, you're better off than me. Plus we don't know how much you earn

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Econ major here

Can't you just go into marketing or law or something?

Methnerd
Methnerd

This. There are always jobs that require knowledge of english/spelling/grammar but within the business community. Unfortunately they never have a banner for lib majors as a title.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

This.
It's what I'm doing and I have an English major. It's not bad, but of course you can't be an autist.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Move to Japan and become an english teacher like any other weeaboo neet with a shitty degree

StonedTime
StonedTime

Im 29 and I just started school, and Im majoring in English.
I just enjoy English. I love how mellifluous it can be, and I think how incredible it must feel to put pen to paper and write a goddamn book.

Bidwell
Bidwell

29 and I just started school
just started school
mistake 1
majoring in English
mistake 2
put pen to paper and write a goddamn book
put pen to paper
mistake 3
write a goddamn book
mistake 4

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

how are you guys not shitting yourselves when doing this kind of shit?

im 21, almost got a degree and currently work in private bank.
still feel like a failure and i shit myself for my future almost everyday

why would you go into debt for a english degree? i mean FUCK

Snarelure
Snarelure

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now.

Lunatick
Lunatick

The question you should have asked yourself is not "what is the best time to do A, now or later?". The question you should have asked yourself is "what is my best option out of {A,B,C,D,..} at this moment.

However, if you feel that going back to school for an English major was the option that will make you the happiest in the long run, then by all means my best wishes. I'm just shitposting because I'm bored and nothing I say should be taken serious.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Reading this post makes me feel much better with being only a 26 y/o with 35k in debt and no degree

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Your friend should An Hero before it gets any worse.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Get a real estate license.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Not at all. This "friend" of yours should move to Japan and make a living teaching qt3.14 Asian girls how to into English.

Emberfire
Emberfire

This is why I both want to and am terrified of going back to school. Only 26 though, and it'd probably be for applied physics, CE/EE or something though, not English.

TechHater
TechHater

why not just become a teacher?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Only 26 though
same here. Going to school for botany, want to start a worm casting farm.kek

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit