MASSIVE DATA BREACH

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

As of 4 hours ago user data of 20,000,000+ people has been stolen. It wasn't a virus or some phishing scam. Multiple backup servers were stolen after being left alone and unguarded in the soon to be future HQ.
The story will run tomorrow. The only reason I know is because my dad is a retired Santa Clara County officer and listens to his shortwave scanner at night.
If you have stock dump it now.

Methshot
Methshot

my dad works for x
How's elementary school going?

Methnerd
Methnerd

Thanks Bebe

TreeEater
TreeEater

How can I dump stock when markets are closed until Monday?.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

phew

sold, thanks

Evilember
Evilember

Tuesday

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

I have a dream!

That markets will be closed Monday.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

20m is nothing and doesn't have an impact on the stock.
take Linkedin for example, 170m users dumped, 117m out of them had SHA1 passwords (basically plaintext), it didn't have an effect on the stock price and they were sold to Microsoft several weeks later and stock went up.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Wtf

Why does anyone use this piece of shit then

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Users don't understand the severity of a data breach..

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Google
LinkedIn
Same thing

K

iluvmen
iluvmen

FUCK I'M IN SANTA CLARA.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

what is OTC trading
the spreads are silly tho
any more proof OP?

Snarelure
Snarelure

shortwave scanner
user data of 20,000,000+ people has been stolen

Sounds exactly like something the police would use shortwave radio to communicate. I mean, it's a life or death situation! If more than 15M users are affected, officers need body armor.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I think he's referring to the theft of hardware at a specific local installation.

Humorous post, though.

likme
likme

20 million

You know 1 billion people actively use gmail as of a year ago right?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

if the site was not operational it's unlikely the servers had any data at all.

Evilember
Evilember

This can't be good.

What will they do?

cum2soon
cum2soon

if it's true (which i highly doubt) it should teach google to encrypt their fucking hard drives.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

I'm going to go on a japanese image board and tell a lie to get google stock to drop

What was OP thinking?

Evilember
Evilember

Google pretty much owns the police and media in the area. The story hasn't managed to get out yet because none of the police will comment. If they can't verify it nobody will touch it out of fear of being sued. The security footage shows three middle eastern men apparently according to chatter.
It's a matter of time now before it gets leaked

RavySnake
RavySnake

did they get my pictures stored in teh clouds?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

He thinks the largest tech company in the world isn't using extremely strong encryption for data at rest

-0/10

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Update

F.B.I. has been brought in because this is being treated as a federal crime.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

what an interesting thing to hear on a scanner.

hell, that's the sort of information they'd never announce over the radio on a public channel. There's absolutely no reason to let a bunch of street cops know over the radio that the FBI was joining an investigation none of them was working on.

I'm not going to call you a shit-ass liar.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

yes you're right, while google is used by normies and is free so they will continue to use it, linkedln is making profit with subscriptions by professionals. I see how a leak at google is more severe.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

You can't read.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

the retards probably don't because it would slow the servers down somewhat unless it's hardware encrpytion but that is more hassle to manage.

i wish i was wrong about it, but if they used ecryption there would be no reason to physically destroy their drives when they replace them they could donate them to schools and stuff or even sell them.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit