Alright Veeky Forums. Name one reason I shouldn't run my air intake into the cabin and use the A.C...

Alright Veeky Forums. Name one reason I shouldn't run my air intake into the cabin and use the A.C. to have the coldest possible air intake.
>inb4 the turbo being loud or "muh not suffocating"

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2017/03/30/dodge-demon-charge-air-cooler-chiller/
youtu.be/gCi2yo4UqPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because your shit is carbureted.

Because your car will draw more air than the AC can provide

Ok so I crack a window. Still much colder air than a regular intake.

run a snorkel then, dipshit.

this is some troll physics tier shit. ripping out your AC would do much more if you care about performance so much.

But there's still colder air in the cabin.

you dont need to chuck ice cubes in your damn intake, dummy, the mere cooler air outside of the engine bay is perfect. run a snorkel if you are so concerned

The energy cost of the ac compressor vastly outweighs the power gains the colder air provides

Serious question, could I use the AC as ghetto forced induction? Just run the compressor for the AC straight to the intake

So? I like my ac

You will never make up the power the AC compressor uses.

Cars dont run on freon

Unless you mean using the ac compressor as a ghetto supercharger, in which case not enough volume can pass through the ac compressor

OP doesn't understand how AC works like at all.

Yes I do it blows cold air

If only they developed something that compresses air and intercools it for maximum forced air.

Leafblower and a block of dry ice?

To be fair, its not the worst idea I've heard

>Dry ice is literally CO2
Its a pretty bad idea

It cools the air down by using the engine to spin a compressor which powers a refrigeration cycle, then blows the air using electric fans. You're using a good amount of power from the engine in order to spin the compressor by having the AC turned on in the first place.

Also you know how you have to wait like 10 minutes for the cabin to completely cool down using the AC? The cooling from the AC wouldn't keep up with the huge amount of air that the engine pulls in.

Dodge did it with the Demon
autoblog.com/2017/03/30/dodge-demon-charge-air-cooler-chiller/

youtu.be/gCi2yo4UqPI

Spoiler, does nothing.