>don't have car
>gonna get a track bike and maybe also a dirt bike
>want a vehicle that can haul track bike and/or dirt bike
>easy loading would b nice
>decent fuel economy would b nice
>room for 2 bikes + spares would b nice
>seats 4 would b nice
>3k usd for entire setup

what should I do? van, truck, twingo with a trailer, other?

get a hot hatch. 500 abarth, fiesta ST/ Focus RS/ST

Small truck like a ranger or s10 and a trailer if needed.

Also why the fuck do spandex faggots feel the need to do this shit?

also general towing/hauling thr3d I guess

>>gonna get a track bike and maybe also a dirt bike
buy my xr80 for $500, get some shitbox truck for 800-1k, spend 1.5k on cbr300 or ninja 250 , u gonna have to fix shit tho

>$3k total for entire setup
bruh

>Small truck
I was thinking something along these lines. Anything I should look out for? Unusually good or shitty year/make combinations?

where u at, also I need to get the truck before I get the dirt bike

also I should clarify $3k is for towing setup not for towing/hauling + 1-2 bikes

I could go for a shitbox $1k truck if I found a solid one but the ones I'm seeing look like they'll need that much again in parts and labor

lad theres no track bike that runs thats less than 1.2k. unless you live in a motorcycle-is-life area like California, you should expect to put down 1.5k for a track bike

also i live in north carolina.

Anything from the mid 90's on I would avoid 4cylinder models for both the ranger and S10 as they're anemic, and not much better in gas mileage. A decent Ranger in good shape will run you about 3k on the dot.

You'll only be able to carry one at time in the bed. even if you by chance got something bigger like an F150, to carry more than that you'll need a trailer which will run you from just below 1k used to 3k new.

>lad theres no track bike that runs thats less than 1.2k.
that's what I'm saying
$3k on truck/van/crown vic + tow hitch + trailer/whatever
500-1k on dirty bike?
2.5-3k for track bike

and I am in fact in California, worse luck on the XR80.

>Harley
Why

oh yea thats perfect actually. 3k can get u two shit trucks, 500-100 is perfect for the dirtbike (although for anything over 100cc u need to shill 1k-1.2k) and 2.7 is the average for a nice street bike as well. they usually run 1.7k - 3.2k here.

t. browse craigslist a lot

also fucking lucky cheeky cunt u get lane splitting 8(

ty, helpful stuff this

muh vtwin rumble mufugga

or something, idk

I like Harleys, but not at the price

>I like Harleys
how old r u user

>HD XR1200
Unf...

Small trucks will suit you fine.

yeah, hoping I can get 1 decent truck (or van? but consensus seems to be truck)--much more comfortable wrenching on bikes than on cars

>tfw started in Chicago now we here
>tfw gun laws still a shit but at least we have twisty roads and lane splitting
feelsdecentman

24 u mad

das it mane

guy i bought the xr80 from transported it in a van actually. it was a family van though, not a white one. it was at least 20 years old. they were fucking poor. dont be poor user

also yes ride a naked muscleboy bike not a harley. shit costs more than college anyway unless they r heavily used

>shit costs more than college anyway unless they r heavily used
yeah, therein lies the rub, for sure

meanwhile you can get a new victory ~1700cc for under $10k if you look around

how long have u lived in cali and not taken advantage of the laws you have there?

...Harleys aren't that expensive compared to the market.
A street 700 is like $7k. A 1200 is $10k. A roadster is $11k. They go up for fancier models, just like all other bikes. That isn't expensive for a brand new bike at all. Not to mention used, they are cheap as fuck unless you're going for special ones. A plastic honda fury starts at $10k. A yamaha bolt is $8k. A Raider is $15k.

boy do i have an idea for you

This hurts to look at.

10/10 quality image

99 Tacoma V6 single cab

wat u mean, I split all the time

not that I would ever actually do this, but...nice

two kinds of niggas I guess

yeah but the premium on used Harleys is brutal

will keep an eye out but gonna be tough finding one under $3k

>go to CL
>"sportster"
>literally dozens for under $5k
LOL ok.

I was gonna call bullshit (maybe 883s), but it looks like there are actually a fair number of decent condition 1200s for under $5k, yes. well well.

Small truck best truck my nigga

I'll dispute what the previous poster said about 4 cyl engines, they are plenty fine for hauling shit, they're just not going to be able to drag race with it, I've pulled a Boston Whaler Montauk (3000+lbs) with my Taco and it was able to get around just fine.

If you live somewhere that doesn't see much snow you might want to look at a Tacoma rather than a Ranger/Dakota, my circle of friends has seen several smaller trucks, one guys Dakota blew a headgasket at 205k miles, another with Ranger always seems to be out of service due to various engine issues and I know a guy that delivers pizzas that has 425k miles on his Tacoma that's still going strong. You might have to wait around a bit to find one that's priced reasonably but cash talks and if you can move fast you should be able to find one for 3k or lower you've just got to be patient.

tiny cab, big bed truck. trying to cram/optimize fitting of bikes is a pain if you don't have the space

bump for amberlamps bike hauler

probably outside my budget, but fuckin sweet regardless

interior

>no lights

do they have titles ?

You don't need a title if you go fast enough.

Where are you I am trying to get a babby xr

don't think so, just bill of sale
track/race bikes, so it doesn't matter

not him but

i live in northe carolina. aren't u in colorado or something ?