/ovg/ - RIP Speedvision Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgi4aadWN6s
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/
assettocorsa.net/ferrari-70th-anniversary-pack/#
www112.zippyshare.com/v/VgyJnafe/file.html
gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/
youtu.be/_UH8BRmV5bg?t=4m40s
circuitsofthepast.nl/en-US/nuerburgring/steilstrecke
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first

And James made a YouTube video of him flat out lying: youtube.com/watch?v=tgi4aadWN6s

Second for forza a good

why dont you drive the godmachine /ovg/?
>accelerates like an awd car
>balanced as fvck
>goes 390km/h in s1

bruv hide the UI and then screenshot or you can take the photo and share it and the dl off forzamotorsport.net/en-us/ in the gallery under the community tab

because porch is for faggots

sounds like someone missed that forzathon :^}
996 gt3 is slightly worse but the same characteristics
s1 supra will do 420+ km/h tho

assettocorsa.net/ferrari-70th-anniversary-pack/#

>trying to launch AC
>see this
What do? It's a legit version.

play rFactor instead

check back later for availability or notify the local administrator

But I am the local administrator and I've notified myself

all that's left is to check back later, i guess

Can't argue with that

>f2004
>288 gto
oh boy

No wait, at the bottom it says you can see the steam site for more information!

It's shit. Only the 330 can be raced along with the ford GT40, and that's it. The rest are novelty cars.

>falling for a meme

>implying i dont just want an excuse to post pictures
played urself

Nth for a game with such an obnoxious photomode watermark a bad

This. The only cars I would get excited for are the 360 GT and 575 GTC.
The 360 GT could be used for multiclass against the MC12, like in real life and the 575 GTC would be a proper competitor to the MC12

The problems are that both of these cars are part of the ones you have to vote for, so at best only one gets chosen and that the MC12 in game is the 2006 model so it may not even be on a similiar pace to the 2003 575

all i care about is the 575

im getting back into iracing, how many of you guys play?
should i splurge on an occulus rift or stay on single monitor for now

More tracks, less meme road cars. Only things I'd be interested in are the 312/512M and F333 SP. Nothing else can really race itself and >f1 online races

ive seen more textures on a bearing surface desu

meanwhile

How do we fix /ovg/?

Bring back SJ as leader of the shadow government

how much simulation value does a floating head with dead eyes add?

>James made a YouTube video of him flat out lying
wut

>KIR

L O N D O N

not as much as a spinning head with dead eyes

>That crummy bokeh effect
Forza confirmed for NO PHOTOGRAPHIC VALUE

Test

I used the dlc unlocker on the Google doc, and got all the content, but now AC won't run, it keeps saying steam cannot be initialized
Any help?

Hahahaha fucking poorfag.

speak english lad

if you mean the rippling its based on how high you set the aperture setting, the focus distance and zoom
photographic value is maximum because i can put qts with blank expressions in the cars

>complain about bland stages in SHiT4
>proceed to claim that SHiT Rally had less bland stages

not sure if this is what the other user meant but there's some weird shit going on in the out of focus areas

Working now

>Yfw I literally just accepted an offer making double what I was at my last job

An increase of $5 per dick sucked?

yeah it can get really ripply at high zoom and high aperture

go away Stefano, your game is shit

Working, but no sound, and takes forever to load after you hit the start button

No car sounds that is

Nothing to do with the unlocker, the cars you installed had no sounds. Either find a soundpack on racedepartment or something or use what's on the doc if you're looking for OVGTP.

So for AC I found a "fix" for car mod sounds. It works just fine for mods but now the vanilla cars don't have sound. Is there a fix for modded cars that doesn't break vanilla cars sound as well?

Sound files are there, and these cars are from the Google doc.

Guys i wnat to start at sim games, but its too complicated and i want to had fun too, which game with low requeriments its good for me?

Live for speed.

Yeah, now it's opening 2 windows when I click start.

Sounds work on some cars and not on others, but my Install is all fucked up

Seems to be running the launcher twice too, which would explain why it's slow, wtf guys

>he downloaded that DLC unlocker
i hope you like bitcoins

>,dll file
>miner

Found the sound issue, there was a guid file in some cars, removing it makes sounds work

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I would trust /ovg/ not to do something like that

reminder to download that morons PAYWARE MOD

www112.zippyshare.com/v/VgyJnafe/file.html

>Yfw I literally just accepted an offer making double what I was at my last job
then buy the dlc, phoneposter

>he doesn't know about the /ovg/ downloader
how do you think kraid could afford that Miata

a few things regarding BYOSB S2:

1. Sign up for the event and join the club if you haven't already gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/

2. No more boost, at least for the main races. Fun races can have boost. Also no penalties so no one is ghosting. I'd rather drive in my own zip code than have what happened last week happen again.

3. Speaking of fun races, they'll now be held an hour before the main races at 20:00 UTC / 4PM EDT

4. The fun race for bathurst is going to be a race between Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04s and Holden Commodore SS '04s

5. hit me up with a good idea for a fun race for Road America

6. pls join my series

2015 was a good vintage for smileys

Ehh, I'm still a cheap bastard.
It is funny though, the 2 days I'll work this week will pay me more than a full week at my old job, and i won't even have to lift 1 box of bananas, let alone 100.

Maybe after I get a new computer

>2. No more boost, at least for the main races.
gay

buy a better car :]

>trying assetto's career
>e30 s1 against a grid of new m1's and m3's
>can't get anything over 7th on a grid of 8
any idea what difficulty this should be played on?

I was able to get 3rd with the Z4 on 96% difficulty

Well, time to research what is the best 450pp car and pretend I bought it IRL.

the slowest ruf (cant remember what its called) from what i remember was pretty OP

S2000 probably, speaking from experience solstice is pretty good with some ballast

3400s, literally a boxster s swapped with a larger displacement 911 engine

great job on killing the series. It's going to be so much fun hotlapping the entire night!

theres no penalties so cut the track

So far I'm leaning towards pretending I have a 190 and taking the 190E Evo II street car.

yea because Bathurst has plenty of track cuts avaliable. It's just retarded to remove boost. Before everyone was racing on equal terms.

If us poorfags now have buy a more expensive cars it removes the entire point of "bring your own shitbox"

just wallride

That would be a great shout, if it wasn't for the tracks.
>Bathurst
>can probably bounce off T2 to carry speed up to T3, don't think wallriding will work going up
>straightline chicane after the first dip
>abuse walls going down, save for the last corner to get a good exit
>can probably straightline the last chicane if there isn't too much sand

>RA
>track path importer, no cuts possible

>Daytona
>don't really see any good cuts, but FWD shitboxes will have a lot of power and can probably take AWD and RWD cars down the oval bit. that is, if they're not left in the dust after the infield section because high power FWD just means spinning front wheels

>El Capitan
>track path importer, no cuts possible

>Nurburgring
>can cut chicanes but honestly not worth it

I'll do Bathurst in my FWD shitbox cutting every single bloody corner, then if TC isn't available I'll just pretend I bought a car that happens to be competitive at 450pp.

Can't you guys be happy fighting for whatever position you happen to be in, against the cars around you, or do you have to be hyper competitive and only want to play If you can win every race?

>I'd rather drive in my own zip code than have what happened last week happen again.
It's easy to say that when your car is actually fast. It won't change anything for you. You'll still be chilling in the lead.

but without boost there won't be any fighting because people are racing at different speeds.

Pretty sure there won't be any fight for position.
>larguu's E46 is okay but larguu himself is good, so prob winning every race
>highway has an AWD car
>blackdog is actually good and the mazda 3 is a decent car
>206/xsara/corsa might be battling but even that is not sure considering the drivers
>and tes in the woefully underpowered yaris will most likely be lapped
But okay. Let's see what happens.

>320i touring car is 455pp

judging by last race's events
meat > pastor > oliver
and one of them likes to crash a lot

eh on second thought (and a quick cry) we should probably have boost. i just wish there was a setting lower than weak because even then its just too much. but all in the name of good competition and what everyone wants, r-rr-right?

yes enable boost.

lmao the absolute beta dripping from this post.

>oh no his car is good and he knows how to drive!!

I'm in favor of boost but if the majority is against, or if it blocks people who would want to hop in, I'll just cut corners and change car if needed. No worries.
Boost wasn't what made last race a thudfest, it's everyone driving like AIs on 200% aggression ;^)

don't you have some Vision Checks™ to run

>it's another BYOSB drivers autistically screech at each other for literal hours episode

>SVT cobra is slow as shit at 450pp

>larguu's E46 is okay but larguu himself is good, so prob winning every race
excuse me thats mikey's E46 he just let me borrow it so i can help dial in his drift setup
>everyone driving like AIs on 200% aggression
well yeah everyone is on controllers. you cant actually do precise driving with that shit but who cares since theres no damage and collisions barely do anything

SOON

what kind of track it is? i love those assetto corsa "civil road" tracks like aspertsham

i just hope it's not aspertsham

this would improve the burgerking

@17408580
hahahahah epic!

nope, nevermind. it's the aspertsham

@17408586
>carousel meme is EPIC it's iconic you can't remove it from nordschleife!

>you know what i always hate in racetracks? corners let's put in way more flat out sections
are you by any chance a fan of large ovals

there is nothing wrong with turning left ok

are you happy now

i'd prefer this but if you just want something basic to keep the section fast that's fine too, i just prefer tighter courses in general

>tire grips kerb when accelerating off adenauer forst

make the angles a bit sharper and send it to Hermann Tilke.

youtu.be/_UH8BRmV5bg?t=4m40s

Your wishes have already been fulfilled

>mfw finding out it's an actual bit of track and not some sort of funny rfactor modder optimizing away the carousel
circuitsofthepast.nl/en-US/nuerburgring/steilstrecke