Drivers for hire?

Anyone employed with Lyft or Uber? How is it?

Does it pay well? Do you hate the company you work under? Bad customers? I

'd like to know more about working for Lyft, seeing how Google partners with them, and are not under investigation ever other day.

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerist.com/2017/01/19/pizzeria-claims-enraged-ubereats-driver-fired-bb-gun-into-restaurant/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nope, nobody but us dataminers here.

ive had an uber driver tell me if you did it full time you could probably live off it. Though probably depends on your area big time.

I don't like that they wont allow me to drive my 80's Cab for Uber.

Uber also has a delivery service for places that don't want to hire pizza delivery drivers, but still needs them. The driver supplies the pizza delivery bag at his expense of course.

UBEReats pizza delivery tale:
consumerist.com/2017/01/19/pizzeria-claims-enraged-ubereats-driver-fired-bb-gun-into-restaurant/

The pizza shop noticed the driver had no pizza delivery bag to keep pizzas from cooling off so fast during the drive. When the owners told the driver they’d be calling Uber for a different driver, he cursed at them, they say, yelling that the bag “wasn’t my problem” and making a scene in front of customers. The driver become even more angry when he was asked to leave, the couple claims, spitting at the husband and kicking the building and shrubbery.

He then allegedly pulled out a BB gun and shot at least five rounds at the building before fleeing. He returned and shot two more times into the restaurant’s window, as well as the window of a Korean eatery next door before driving away again, the owners say.

I couldn't if I wanted to, I drive a pickup from the 80s with one passenger seat. I thought about doing something like postmates, but I heard its more of a pain, you spend a lot of time waiting, and restaurants tend to hate you for not tipping.

Unless you live in a city full of millenials its not worth it.

If your in a rural or suburban area don't even try. You have to be like within 15 miles of a major city or downtown area to even have a chance to make money.

>Does it pay well?
You need population density at both source and destination. That and the secret internal ratings Uber has for you determines what fares you get. If you only have population density at one end, you will get a fare, drive out to wherever and drop the fare off. You might not have a fare in that area now and have to either drive back to your favorite area or you end up parking and waiting. So your fares per hour drops that way.

Remember that living off your uber is just that. You are the one with the depreciating car. If you had to combine it with buying a new replacement car that meets Uber's standards for top customers (frequent users with high fares in database), you'll have to spend more. Otherwise, you get the average or untried customers.

Drive for uber and lyft you will make very much money, hurry and sign up now!

I took one trip w/Uber black and got kicked out after they client called Uber. Didn't even get paid.

I hope you like Eurobeat.

Uber is being savaged, while Lyft is growing, but for now it's better to drive for both. The only way to make money is to get a stripped Prius and be on point in party areas during weekends, or grinding the daily commute for people visiting their company's branch offices or whatever. It's a shit way to make a living but okay for making a lil' extra scratch if you have nothing better to do.

I could probably make mad dosh considering I live right by Downtown LA. The problem is I live right by Downtown LA and I don't have anywhere to put the nice car that Uber/Lyft requires.

>Uhh yeah just drive me by the rival gang turf so I can fire off a few rounds at dem niggas
>okay Tyreese but uber charges a 10% fee for that

You gotta have them extra ammo in your glove box if you want that 5* rating

You have the obvious rating you can see, but Uber has several other hidden ratings for you. Lots of people have commented they feel unfairness at how Uber can steer certain customers to certain drivers. Uber keeps data on customers too, and not just the drivers.

Worked for Uber in a self driving car, paid well and great benefits but the company itself was a fucking chaotic mess.

>Tampa Bay
this isn't news it happens every day

>the company itself was a fucking chaotic mess
The former Uber CEO was against the tip system and various other changes. But since he's getting ousted due to discrimination charges, his policies of holding down costs for customers is going away. Passengers will have to tip in order to keep their ratings by drivers high. No tip means the driver gives a negative rating to the passenger and some passengers may fear that and thus tip out of fear of a bad rating rather than out of appreciation of the driver doing a substantially better than average job.

Of course tipping also covers up that compensation from the "employer" is low. It's a further way of shifting yet more costs to the consumer.

>Does it pay well?
Depends if you can afford the insurance for operating your car as a commercial vehicle for hire. Using the car for Uber or Lyft requires specific additional coverage from all the insurance companies.

You may choose to commit insurance fraud though. Remember that if you are committing fraud, and the company finds out, you might not have any coverage for that accident. That's important to remember if you have acquaintances or ex-GF that are angry with you to the point they tell your insurance company what you are doing.

It's only profitable in cities like NYC and SF.