/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>more doggo edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>K24 comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=NVFBDtFa3uc

>Accord catback
youtube.com/watch?v=9bZulPIjBs4

>F22A exhaust
youtu.be/os4YrfSmy1U

>GM employees
youtube.com/watch?v=XVmKyJXHXRE

>Accord 0-60
youtube.com/watch?v=UDkemqDyLWw

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z_cBGuq4Yes&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=3PvWO_w8_fc
youtube.com/watch?v=E7h5KaX2-Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=mlR8JmVTYkA&t=263s
portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/6188548415.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

Just now received the call to go pick Jack up from the vet. Seems like it was mostly successful. Will post pics.

i hope jack heals up just like new. that was a hell of a decision you made to take care of him like that. heres a pic of the leader of the piss dog squad

Looks adorable.

Just got him in the car. He's gonna need lots of rest and relaxation.

Get well soon jack

I hope mr. pupper gets some good rest. He had a tough day

I'm calling off work so I can keep an eye on him. He didn't even want to get out of my car.

Thanks again for the help, Del. Got bills and rent right around the corner. Ugh

Sucks to be poor, right?

The struggle is real. Hopefully they won't charge much for the checkups related to his operation. Paid them $1077 today.

Called the dealership regarding the Accord Touring.

They have a white or silver, however, the white has 150 miles on it because this is the car they have customer test drive and I don't really like the silver. Is the white one safe with all the miles and test drivers who rev it? I don't like the silver color.

Do you ever feel sometimes that you fail at being your cars keeper?
To see her old rusting body, full of scratches and wonder how many have been you?

Get the white one, white hondas don't get paint fade that bad after a while.

i dont feel bad cuz im a poorfag. i just dont even buy nice things in the first place because i know they are going to get trashed.

I wouldn't get it if I were you. They get abused like crazy during the test drives

I'm a broke college student, nothing I can really do about it
I know for a fact that at least 5 people owned my car before me.

Whoops, let's try this again. 2000 LS 5 speed.

Collage please

Silver color looks ugly though, that's why I wanted the white, and there isn't another Honda dealership around here :/

>talk to guy selling $1800 Integra asking for a pre purchase inspection
>he responded with this shit

well you should ideally know what you are buying if you are set on buying shit boxes.

He's a cuck tho

I generally know what to expect when buying an Integra but he was trying to sell a LS with GSR engine swapped in as a genuine GSR. I found out through VIN check and he says he didn't know cuz he never checked VIN. Ironic he says I don't know my shit but he didn't even know his car isn't genuine. Or maybe he does and he's just a scumbag.

I decided cut it off and he says "cya I wouldn't sell to someone who doesn't know their shit anyway" and reuploaded the posting with a paragraph basically saying "I know what I got" lmao

no offence but dont waste your time on CL with that kind of shit

I want a sporty Honda and my budget is cheap. Based on my research these seem to be the options
>DC2 GSR
>DC5 Type S
>EP3 Si
>FG2 Si
Which is best bank for the buck all things considered?

>"I know how shops work"
The memes are real.

>I know how shops work"
>they dont
>[rattle rattle]

>Transmission grinding through gears
>"It's gotta learn your driving, mang"

>tfw neither me nor the owner of my hatch knew what the fuck we were doing

I was so innocent and dumb.

>how do hondas work?
>no one knows

>Car starts fine when cold
>does this when hot
I don't understand it.

youtube.com/watch?v=z_cBGuq4Yes&feature=youtu.be

He's looking better but is still drained as fuck. Got him to drink water but still won't eat anything.

>used to have crud coming out of his eyes but not anymore
>had nasty looking drool but that's mostly gone
>has some trouble walking, soreness from the surgery

I gotta bring him back in the morning to check his blood levels. He's a little bit anemic.

Air is more dense when cold, so it's easier for the engine to turn over.

There's no reason it should have a skip, compression is fine even in hot weather when it's been sitting, these CMs can't into electrical, it's probably something stupid, like that relay that prevented my AC from working when it was fine.

that's good m8 hopefully he's doing ok.
Whatever happens at least you'll know you did the best you could!

I'm very hopeful. He looked much worse before the operation. I'm honestly more worried about my upcoming bills. I got like $100 on me. Might see if a friend can repay me some money he owes me.

Good luck fellow pizza delivery brother

Good luck mate. Should treat him to the best steak you can afford.

Thanks bros. I finally got him to eat just now. I knew he was hungry. Haven't seen him eat since yesterday.

Bumping with NASA mobile

youtube.com/watch?v=3PvWO_w8_fc

don't let your memes be dreams

My EF's front bumper is sagging a bit/tilting at the wheel arch, how did Honda affix them and what would i need to get it to stay in place correctly?

Will update fãm

Onto the next one

Pray to based god for a quick recovery

I think it's working, bruh. His checkup that I'm on my way home from was great. Temp is down to 97 from 105 and his blood count didn't drop.

He also found a ball.

Honda has shit hardware on the bumpers for 4th and 5th gen civics. You can fix it by replacing the hardware or ghetto rigging it with zip ties if you know how. I fixed mine with zip ties and Shingu replaced his hardware. There's a DIY somewhere. Go google it.

That's a pretty cool place to listen to your exhaust

>NASA mobile
What did he mean by this?

There's a NASA sticker on my fuel door.
I'll look into the hardware replacement.

>That's a pretty cool place to listen to your exhaust

yup, although in my case it's almost entirely from the wide open throttle. Exhaust is stock

Pic related.

Lol he admits to it having tons of problems and then tries to be a dick about you wanting someone to inspect it. What a piece of shit

Also new get for today. Car running perfect.

swapping my B16A2 from my del sol over to my EG this weekend.

I have a full turbo kit waiting to go on that B16 as well, just doing the prep first. (bung into oil pan, clutch, etc)

I can't wait.

That's gonna be pretty sweet. I'd like to put a B16 in mine some day.

Almost 300

What's gonna happen to the Del Sol? :/

>Daihatsu still giving 8 speed auto as an option
>3.5 V6 engine remains
The Accord is seriously gonna have some trouble in the FWD sedan market.

What's wrong with using the turbo 4 cyl that makes more than the current power of the accord v6?

Muh sound, muh smoother V6 power delivery.

>Watching some scotty kilmer vids
>"Fixing A Dead Car With No Electrical Power" in reccomended
>It's a fucking CM5
Every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=E7h5KaX2-Y8

And his newest video is with a third gen Prelude and how it's impossible to get new AC compressors for them.

I wouldn't even worry about AC on an old H deuce deuce, my CM5 seems to suck fuel and be super gutless since I fixed the AC, still glad it works.

Shit, they're B series, nvm.

redpill me on del sol-s. i have some 2k ones in my area. what to look out for? targaleaks, rust, oilleaks? are they fun? how come some of them has passanger airbags, while others dont? was that an extra?

93 and earlier models didn't have airbags since they weren't required until 94. That's basically it for all Hondas. My 93 didn't have it but my 94 does.

Kek.
youtube.com/watch?v=mlR8JmVTYkA&t=263s

Meh. The 10th gen isn't that bad. If I haven't picked up a 9th gen, I probably would have gotten a 10th gen Si (lol Type-R jacked up prices). But I love the interior of the 9th gen. I was sad when Honda went away from it.

Hoo lee fun today felt good.

Blog posting for a quick minute.
Finally got the Civic shipped to a garage, able to get a real good chunk of work done to it in the span of 5 hours.
New brakes all around, got rid of the shittily painted ricer-red callipers and drums, and found out some suspension components were fucked, got them replaced and it's good to go mechanically.
On the downside, the rockers I figured were so good were actually garbage. No problem, there's a garage that fans them up for 30 a panel. That's that, but there's still the engine. The new battery I got for it wasn't holding a charge at all, so I got someone competent in vehicle electrics to take a look, and the entire bay is basically a mess of wires and grounds. The ignition fuse was replaced with a section of wire, so I gotta pick up one of those. Door hinges are fucked as well, door drops an inch when opened, so that's gonna have to be replaced too. I figured the windshield would be fine, but the crack is above the windshield wipers, so no luck.
Other than that, it's good to go, just need an inspection, insurance and a re-register. Feels good.

>No pics because retarded
>listening to 'Break the Night'

more like break the wallet lmao

Yeah, money's been pretty tight, but not really anything to spend it on so it'll slowly be vented into the car.
Car was 600 CAD, 600 CAD for both brake systems, 100 CAD for suspension bits, 300 CAD I had spent before on stuff including a battery, about 300 CAD more for a windshield, and nothing really that expensive from that point, unless the engine turns out to be a lemon too.
So, 1600 total so far, a guaranteed 300 more, and about 160-400 more, estimated.

This car better understand how much I fucking care about it.

It's always a CM

Yep those things are common. They're fun if you can get over the fact they're fwd. Yea I think that was an option iirc

Am I bugging out by thinking i should sell my perfectly fine '08 civic lx and then buy a ticket to Portland (i live in Connecticut) and pick this up to drive all the way back?

I'd probably pay $1500 tops

portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/6188548415.html

or does it have 2 many miles?

DELETE

Good to hear progress m8

Nigga you crazy. If your civic LX is auto, I understand. I doubt you'll get it for $1,500. The mileage is fine though.

nah my civic lx is 5 speed lol

I dislike driving a "newish" shitbox. its boring and costs a bit more when it comes to registration.

ok maybe i'd pay $2k for that '86 si

What other cars do you have? I think I'd put at least a short throw shifter to make that more fun. I wouldn't buy that Si if o were you.

2000 Accord lx coupe worth doing any work too?

Was thinking about selling it for something smaller, with better horsepower stock.

Is it a manual?

I also own a '91 miata with a 1.8 swap, torsen diff, hard dog roll bar, koni spring/strut set up and a few other goodies. (i bought it this way)

I really do enjoy it but I'm thinking about selling it.

I love 80's/90's Honda hatches especially the one I just posted but they are hard to find here on the east coast. esp ones thats not rusted to shit.

If you do go through with it, you better have at least $1k of emergency money just in case it breaks or something on the way back. That sounds like it'll be a fun adventure though.

Look at what these guys are racing over here

Are those 3 cylinders? we need more 3 cyls that aren't shit like pic related.

I don't know, I didn't even know this car existed before seeing them here.
I can't go check their engines right now cause I'm busy with other cars

Nope the notoriously terrible auto. But it was rebuilt, so it works fine rn. Also the engine was rebuilt too (J30).

Was told the J30's arnt worth doing anything too.

These are called honda n-one's. They are inline 3's

Qt

Yeah, I'm excited to finally get back into T/As, and those perfect aesthetic midnights, just me, my car, and a GeorigaCoffee. Found the engine problem too, it's a limp mode because the ECU's shot, but I don't want to get another one until I find out what's sucking the battery.

Very very bad news.

Jack died a little over an hour ago. I don't know why but his gums got really pale and his breathing got really heavy then he just passed. It all happened while I was as work. I'm sure he was in a lot of pain. I didn't want him to go this way.

I've been crying for a while now. I gave every penny I had to save my best friend.

Oh shit man.
;-;
How old was he?

He was around 9. Had him since he was a puppy in March of 2008. He always cheered me up when I was sad or depressed and gave me hugs when I woke up. I just wanted a few more years with him but cancer has to destroy everything. He was having fun on the beach in Florida not too long ago.

F

Sorry for you loss man. Ill have you two in my thoughts on my next cruise around town.

Having a dog die like that is a huge fear of mine. My dogs been at deaths door for 2 years with all kinds of problems. Hes been with me since 2003 im amazed he's been here this long. Cancers fucked up man. Hope things go better for you soon.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Rip in peace sweet prince Jack

Thanks guys. Gonna take a long time to get over this.

I just hate that it happened out of nowhere. I always was amazed that he was so full of youth for a dog his age then one day he just looks like he's ready to pass. His checkup this morning was good too. (see ) It's just not fair.

He went into my mom's bathroom to pass away because it's where he always went when something scared him. He'd open the door himself whenever he saw those big air filled bubbles they use for packages. He'd run in there and hide in her closet.

I'm leaving him in there with a blanket over him tonight and will go bury him at my great grandma's place.

So sorry to hear mate, when my German Shepard Shepherd passed away she was trying her hardest to be near my mom, wherever she went. Would always stumble and land on her stomach, but she just wanted to be where she felt most peaceful.

I hope you feel better soon, always rough when shit like this happens.

Is anyone else obsessed with the FK8 or am I just weird.

Just you