Which auto manufacturer do you dislike the most/ lost faith in?

Which auto manufacturer do you dislike the most/ lost faith in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XknjRIfjEZQ
motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/corvette/2015/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-track-retest/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honda
>less reliable than Volvo or Toyota
>ugly
>boring
>have the faggiest fanbase

i like everything but their cars

Kia

I've never had faith in the ones I dislike.

Nissan.
No explanation needed.

RIP v6 accord
>Muh the turbo is going to be just as fast.

Vauxhall UK

>used to make passable shitboxes and the occasional gem like the Omega
>now its nothing but embarrasment, special edition Corsas and 7 seater cuck wagons with VXR badges driven by angry, balding manlets.

also the astra VXR must be the only car on the planet that handles better AFTER the stanceworks fags get their hands on it.

Chrysler...Every car they make looks like ass.

please use a trip

GM because they needed a bailout.
Volvo because it's difficult to work on them.
Hyundai because even the logo is a blatant Korean knockoff.

>Volvo because it's difficult to work on them.

stay the fuck away from working on any car from now on, thanks

>Hyundai because even the logo is a blatant Korean knockoff.

what?

youtube.com/watch?v=XknjRIfjEZQ

Chrysler because Fiat bought them and none of their existing vehicle lineup has received a new generation in over a decade. I'm amazed they stay in business.

RIP V6 Accord
You will be missed

>pretty much the entire lineup consists of VWs with meme """"AWD"""" slapped on
>engine ahead of the front axle, their one defining handling characteristic is terminal understeer
>not sporty like BMW, not luxurious like Mercedes
>less reliable than both
>more of an absolute cunt to work on than both
>quite possibly the worst engineering decisions in the entire industry
>uninspired, bland styling
>almost exclusively driven by cunts
At least their rustproofing is good, I guess.

Agreed.

My 4cy Honda Accord beater's transmission died at 150k. Personally I was glad, it was the most boring piece of shit ever.

>rustproofing the only highlight of VAGshit
>stancefags intentionally rust them

poetry

>pulling a dipstick is literally too hard for you
holy shit, please stay away from cars

>GM
>Chrysler at a close second
Most of the chryslers my family have owned have had somewhat decent engines but everything else is so fuckin cheap. The wiring on them is bass ackwards and the trim never stays on. GM takes the shitcake though because they ramp this up to a whole new level. Not to mention they went full retard with all the rebranding of euro cars in the 90s and 00s. Finding replacement parts for a saturn is nigh impossible, I always gotta buy shit for Opels and hope it works. It seems to me that the American manufacturers are just making disposable chinese shit nowadays.

did they own shitboxes by chance? My family has had 3 generations of dodge trucks and they've been fucking bulletproof. Stuff like the Neon though? Fuck it.

I am not sure what qualifies as a shitbox, desu. My mom had a chevy blazer that took a metric shitton of work. So much so that she should have written it off. She also has a dodge durango that has problems with the electric windows and overheating. My dad's Ram lasted pretty well aside from a bit of rust. Its surprising because he put a ton of miles on it. We also have a 98 cherokee that has a pretty rock solid engine but literally everything else feels like its stuck together with spit and duct tape. There are problems with the electric windows, the plastic trim is peeling off, and its now just starting to overheat and piss antifreeze. My brother also has a few jeeps that are just money pits, but I will attribute that to him lifting the damn things and probably fucking shit up in the process. Are my standards too high? These seem like the flagship cars of those respective companies, yet they just shit the bed after 100k miles. These cars are all before the 07 bailouts and shit, too.

aw fuck meant to quote

>my baseless conjecture and opinions

>claims its stainless steel
>its actually chinese "stainless" steel
>rusts as bad as any other steel
I fucking hate people sometimes

Any Tesla-Musk pasta/greentext to infuriate libfags?

unironically this
they've demonstrated that they're still capable of making fantastic cars with the GTR, but their normal lineup is mostly shit
same thing with Dodge and the Viper, but at least they have the excuse that the Viper is made in its own factory with its own dedicated team of engineers

>Daimler/Chrysler/Benz
That company is cancer that kills anything it touches
>GM
I don't like welfartarians

ROBERTDIY IS A PURE BEING OF LIGHT

>robert DIY's helper tour tho

Fresh off the barbie - turns out, at least according to the Swedish government, that the manufacture of a Telsa battery emits just as much CO2 as driving a car for 8 years

I dont like tesla.

>>Daimler/Chrysler/Benz
what year is this?

motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/corvette/2015/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-track-retest/

all of them.

>Chevrolet
>Chrysler
>Peugeot
>Dodge
>Volkswagen
>Vauxhall/Opel
all these brands are so mediocre and have all peaked years ago, although I do like the Sirocco, none of the modern models these brands make are interesting at all, all the same shit with bland designs and basic engines

Square up boi.

Sparked a big thread, feel free to look in and maybe cringe if you feel like it

>/pol/ talking about cars
well I'm sure this won't be retarded

>this kills the gtrfag

>It seems to me that the American manufacturers are just making disposable chinese shit nowadays.
You mean they are reselling chinese stuff. Or they are getting the "made in usa" label by assembling it in the USA out of both domestic, mexican (chinese investors), and chinese parts.

Without those parts factories in america, it does make it more difficult to find parts for older things. The domestic warehousing network is lost and you don't find stocks of those saturn parts.

>claims its stainless steel
>its actually chinese "stainless" steel
>rusts as bad as any other steel
You should test your chinese-made stainless steel type liquid containers if you use them for potable liquids. Some chinese stainless steel is contaminated with lead. So those stainless steel water bottles and cups could be adding lead to your diet.

Everyone and your favorite auto maker.

>Getting the "made in usa label" and claiming its domestic
That is what they have been doing. Hell, I could pull off random bits and pieces of my car and I will be genuinely shocked if some of them are actually made in the states. They've been really ramping it up recently. Some of the mustang's transmissions are literally made in china (and have been dogshit as a result). Ford is going to start manufacturing the entire fiesta in china soon. Toyota is more american than the big 3 at this point. Junkyards and rockauto are pretty much the only places to find good parts for my saturn.

Lost faith in Japan after the year 2000
Lost faith in Saab after 1989
Lost faith in Volvo around the time their cars weren't boxes anymore
Lost faith in Germany after 1945

Never had faith in anybody else.

Get off the internet, grandpa

I'm starting to get doubts about newer Hondas.
>CVT in everything
>Manual only offered on base trims
>Major issues with their dual clutch transmissions
>tablet in dash in everything with no delete option

>Ford is going to start manufacturing the entire fiesta in china soon.
Ford is moving the Focus to be assembled in China. Looks like Ford saw how Trump has problems getting the trade protections past the democrats, so it's safe to move more manufacturing to mexico and china. Clinton really made China's prosperity boom when he signed the trade treaty giving China the "Most Favored Nation" trading status.

>Hondas
Japan has a lot of their car parts made in China as well.

JEEP!! The sold out to the soccer mums when they were fucking 2% of their sales! Fuck I hate jeep!

shitbox as in econocar, like neon, cheap charger, etc. k5s have always been inferior to broncos, durangos...just shouldn't exist. I've had a willys Wrangler that was fine even if it was like sitting and driving in a wood box. I wouldn't call any of those flagship cars definitely, but I understand why you had a bad time with those cars.

Also not surprised the Ram lasted the longest out of them all.

Fuck my bad it was the focus. Youre right. Yeah clinton is to blame for much of the shit that made china really powerful. I do enjoy the really cheap shit that comes from the country, but it comes with a cost.

I guess the saturn would count as a shitbox, then. Chrysler is starting to do the same shit that fucked GM. They got the jeep and dodge SUVs trying to compete against each other while neither is really hitting any sort of significant market. Jeeps have turned into mall crawlers for the most part, and the durango exists for soccer moms who believe that a massive bubble on wheels is the best for their children. Ram spun off from dodge to be its own thing, now. That is probably why those trucks are still competitive.

GM, except SAAB. And then GM pilaged them, so fuck GM twice!!

I still want a 6 Speed Trans AM, though.

My I30T was fun and I will happily import a bare-bones, overpriced RHD shitbox.

Late 90's and early 2000's Chevrolet like Cobalt, Uplander etc.

Pretty much all Nissans, Land Rovers, late model Honda

Harley Davidson

Honda for its boring cars and smug faggot fan base.

I kinda feel bad for RAM desu. They sell a fraction of what Ford does but they're so much better.

Ripoff of Honda

I'm also convinced that Kia designed their logo to look like Ford's in low light.

We had an A3 Sportback and by the time it got sold, there was literally fucking rust on it.
On a car maintained and washed religiously...
Turbo broke at some point too.
It was very nice on the inside though, and my mom was considering an A1 but it's a pure rip-off, lods of emone for little car.

I thought this for awhile until the new Civic came out. It's a great return to form.

Autism

This, fuck Renault with a rusty piece of rebar

True, made in USA is a fucking joke now. At least to every non cuck who doesn't live in a flyover state.

>make Astra VXR
>ehh, all a hot hatch needs is a shitload of torque, we'll not bother improving anything else
>torque steers into a tree

GM has always been garbage.

>GM because they needed a bailout.
the new caddys are so pretty though. i'm sick of seeing toyotas and mercedes everywhere

>Lost faith in Germany after 1945
kek

How much did you get paid for this post, Cletus?

The A3 and A1 are literally rebadged Golfs and Polos, but they cost like 1.5 times as much because muh premium brand.

>Be VAG
>Have VW, Škoda, SEAT, Audi
>"lets have them all make the same cars"
Also
>Peaugeot
>"What do you mean, rear wheel drive?"

Peugeot knows about RWD, pic related was RWD and fully functional.
Their biggest failure is not putting all those cool as fuck, fully functional concepts into production.

Why is Peaugeot here, just to make us suffer?

Looks like a bettet looking chrysler crossfire

At least they seem to be unJUSTing themselves nowadays, the 508 is a decent midsize car and the 208 GTi is genuinely fun.
There's also that 500hp hybrid 308 R concept thing which they should put into fucking production already.

Fiat Chrysler

Enough said

Still average (at best) shitboxes with reliabilty issues. Opel input is helping though.

Pretty much. But the good news is nobody is forcing you to drive one.

They have been known to make some very reliable cars some of which have been more than interesting.
pic
Mostly they make things. Historically mostly things that aren't related to automobiles.

wiki "began in the manufacturing business in the 19th century. In 1842, they added production of coffee, pepper, and salt grinders.[19] The company's entry into the vehicle market was by means of crinoline dresses, which used steel rods, leading to umbrella frames, saw blades, chisels, wire wheels, and bicycles.[20] Armand Peugeot introduced his "Le Grand Bi" penny-farthing in 1882, along with a range of other bicycles. The car company and bike company parted ways in 1926 but Peugeot bicycles continued to be built until very recently."

Ive always wondered why Buick is rated so highly in reliability polls while the rest of GM is shit.

The hell is Buick doing that the other GM brands aren't?

Rebadging Opels.

Reliability polls are garbage. Wether you have a catastrophic engine failure or a cupholder broken you will get 1 fault.

>less reliable
>ugly
>boring
My house has 4 fucking hondas and 1 Toyota including the new civic hatchback sport. Absolutely none of this is true. Why are benchriders entitled to an opinion again?

it will be faster. V6 accord puts 280 hp, the new turbo will have over 300. Please stop being retarded.

You realize Honda is switch away from CVTs to things like 8, 9, 10 speed transmissions??

>tablet delete option
Wtf are you smoking, no manufacturer has that. And get off of here Grandpa.

>reliability polls
I trust a gypsy more than those polls.
Buick will always be trash, no matter how much they rebrand are bribe auto testers.

FIAT.

>clear desperation to be the most selling brand in Brazil
>shit vehicle placements, project failures in the vehicles they hoped it'd save them
>CEO saying they don't want to be the brand known to sell the most cheap cars in the country

And that's how you will manage to break down Chrysler and Jeep a second time even if they've swapped owners.

>While the “H” in Hyundai’s automobile logo does stand for the company’s name, it’s also a stylized picture: a silhouette of two individuals shaking hands. One individual is a company representative and the other is a satisfied customer. Their exchange is a handshake of trust and satisfaction between company and consumer.

>The oval around the figures indicates Hyundai’s global expansion, its aim to flourish in the worldwide market beyond the Asian continent.

Get fucked Korea haters.

> Hondas
> Toyota
> thinks his opinion is interesting in any way

You must be the manlet king himself. Fuck off

The wierd thing about GN cars is theres no consistency.
>i have a 2008 pontiac g6 with 220k miles on it
>only thing ive ever had to replace was the thermostat and bushings.
>gf has a 2009 malibu 120k miles (same platform, both with same powertrain)
>never ending stream of repairs, same parts fail like clockwork every season, trim falling apart.
Its fuckin wierd, yo.

i've owned pretty much every brand from GM and Chrysler and I don't trust a single one of them.

I take that back i haven't owned a Dodge RAM but dodge cars are terrible. Wish they would go back to putting mitsubishi shit in their cars

Toyota
I absolutely adore their amazing cars from the 80's and 90's, but they have dropped the ball, big time. It's very sad. I just want them to be wild again. :(

Ford is my most disliked auto manufacturer, second is Chevy for fucking over pontiac because "muh vett flagship car", also for what they did to Delorean. Dodge is starting to make their way up there after they got bought by Fiat.

Every other company I just don't give a shit about.

Nissan here. Got rid of the first one after issue after issue with the cvt. Ditched it as soon as warranty ran out. Going to get wife a replacement car and she has to have a Murano.

Forced back into a cvt again. Fucking thing is already having issues with less than 10k miles and the engine has been in once as well.

I'm done with nissan and their cvt bullshit.

>Buying Nissan after the accountants got control over the company
Your own fault.

>cause the original post wasn't opinions in the first place

Unfortunately they were both for my wife, I wouldnt buy one for myself. All she cared about is how pretty they are. Last time I dealt with the dealer when it broke as I felt bad for her. She's taking the new shit box in herself now so hopefully she learns a lesson this time...

MERCEDES
>respectable motorsport legacy
>can't stand the people who drive them
>can't stand their designs after the 90's

Lost faith in Nissan.
Entry level (March, Tiida, NP300) is OK but between that and the Z/GTR/Infiniti is all mediocrity.

>no supercharger LED.
not good enough fampai

They spent like one billion to bring the Pacifica to life. Best looking minivan, easily. Whether it will be reliable or not is the question.