It's illegal to wash your car on your own property in America

>it's illegal to wash your car on your own property in America

youtu.be/QB0MLZZc63c

Probably some HOA shit.

Guarantee this is about home owners association. Those fucking dirtbags

There are communities. mostly out west, where water is a serious problem and one of the ways they conserve is to restrict washing cars to places that recycle the water like car washes.

Fucking associations. There's always one neighbor who just has to be "that guy" and ruin it for everyone.

Yeah but this was filmed on the East Coast.

Fair point if the water municipalities need to conserve water. But, how would they say I'm wasting the cities water if I wash my car with a 24 pack of bottled water?

masshole here, it happens in Salem sometimes

I can see how shit like this might come about after dealing with my own retarded neighbors.

The gypsy family whos dad starts a shitty carwash business in his driveway for instance.

I would challenge this in court and win easily. When the government regulates car washes or provides one itself that isnt a dirty nasty shit hole, then we'll talk. Im not washing my car down at the faggot auto car wash that doesnt clean well, nor will i use the self wash where i have to stand in 2 inches of oily muddy water that some faggot mexicant just washed off his work truck which stagnates because the car wash owner is also a nigger who doesnt maintain his business.

See, this is what happens when the government removes the ability for people to maintain their own communities. Everything turns to dog shit.

>mom the neighbor is washing his car with walmart bottled water again... naked

>Cop shows him ordinance that prohibits car washing on public property.
>Car is on private property.
>This detail is ignored.
>Wandering around giving out tickets for people washing their car in their driveway and has the buts to say that he isn't trying to break anybody's balls.

The north was a mistake.

>be the only asian guy in neighborhood
>white af area
>wash my car every Sunday
>neighbors waving and greeting at me everytime they pass by
everything is just okay for me. Guess guy in the video lives in a shitty neighborhood.

he said public places, not property

there is a huge difference legalwise, which the cop even stated

also i'm living at east coast.

More than 20 countries are ranked as being more free than america, americans live in a dystopian hellhole

>America
>Free

>I don't know what an HOA is
The biggest reason to not live in the 'burbs

>more than 20 countries
>more free than America

And I bet the ranking system for this was totally fair and biased against the United States. Please, name your sources
>INB4 Huffpost

A public place is something like a mall or a parking lot, places that are technically owned by a private entity but that are assumed public. For example you can film inside the food court or a sears at a mall like you are in public unless the property owner or someone else of authority specifies otherwise in person or with signage. This is also why you can freely wander through these areas without needing to get permission prior whereas the owner can set usable times and such.

This cop is busting peoples balls and even worse he is wrong about the ordinance. Po-po ain't lawyers and its never more obvious than when they reference statute.

So wait the guy who washes his corvette called the cops so some guy wouldn't wash his shitbox?

I fucking hate pajeets so much.

But you're wrong.

The law applies to anything within view from a public area, in this case, the sidewalk, street etc

For instance despite it being your private property, you can't legally stand in your front yard waving at children whilst naked.

There's always a snitch.

The distinction you are referring to is "assumed privacy". You do not have assumed privacy in your front yard or through the windows in your home meaning that while you are still on private property you do not have the full benefits of privacy. People are allowed to stand on a sidewalk and look at your house all they want and even look in your windows and watch you if you didn't put up curtains but only while they are on public property and only while they are not taking any extraordinary means to view you. Generally that means no ladders, zoom optics, thermal, laser mics or basic trespassing.

Losing your assumption of privacy does not mean you are in a public place, and public places have no assumption of privacy.

tldr; say that to my jurisprudence and not online fucker and see what happens

The distinction you are referring to is "assumed privacy". You do not have assumed privacy in your front yard or through the windows in your home meaning that while you are still on private property you do not have the full benefits of privacy. People are allowed to stand on a sidewalk and look at your house all they want and even look in your windows and watch you if you didn't put up curtains but only while they are on public property and only while they are not taking any extraordinary means to view you. Generally that means no ladders, zoom optics, thermal, laser mics or basic trespassing.

Losing your assumption of privacy does not mean you are in a public place, and public places have no assumption of privacy.

tldr; say that to my jurisprudence and not online fucker and see what happens

None of which changes the fact that if it's within view from a public place, it's subject to the same laws.

Are you feeling ok user?

That greentext was a trip

Summer pls go

There's your reason.

I'm 21

Quit being paranoid cupcake

>I'm 21
Summer pls go

Deluded Don Quixote faggot pls go

Assmad cuckhold pls go

if there is water restriction in place it's even illegal to water your lawn

Wrong.

Waterboy dolphinface pls go

>if it's within view from a public place, it's subject to the same laws

Depends on what the intent of the law is. Neighbors having to view some objectionable activity? Maybe. But since when is seeing a car being washed a problem?

Most likely this law was mean to keep people from parking cars on the street and washing them. Where pedestrians and other drivers get sprayed. Not an issue on your own driveway.

>he lives around grumpy old bats that cry to the police whenever you do yard work or wash your car and interrupt their soaps

police have to do something when they call, too, it's not really their fault

so you're basically stuck going to small claims and disputing every stupid fuck ticket they end up writing

you'll win every time but the old fucks and welfare queens will always abuse the system to make things shit for you

The california drought season is coming in.
So you will not water your lawn either.
Too many immigrants burdening the system of which most were llegal except for wave after wave of amnesty declarations thru the decades.

>I would challenge this in court and win easily.
Selfish People and people with the "sovereign citizen attitude" wanting exceptions for themselves have tried challenging the california drought emergency declaration and failed.

The summer heat wave is going to cause a bigger drought than expected even for aridzona.

>Generally that means no ladders, zoom optics, thermal, laser mics or basic trespassing.
Unless they're employees of Flowers By Irene, in which case they can do whatever the fuck they want because secret police.

>New York accent

Not fucking surprised. You can tell even the cop was like this is bullshit. It's obviously HOA bullshit. HOAs are the god damn Gestapo of home ownership.

Why is the cop enforcing some gay HOA bullshit rules? It's not his job

If you watch the video, even the cop thought it was bullshit

But hey, washing your car on your property is just as illegal if not more

>It's not his job
HOA powers are actually legally enforceable, so it IS his job.
Continued violation of their rules means they can seize your house to settle unpaid fines, and sell it at an auction they're not required to tell anyone about other than each other.

HOA legal battles are even mor nasty than divorce cases.

t. paralegal

Do not ever buy into a neighborhood that has an HOA. Imagine getting into a legal dispute about fence height or building a shed.

Land of the free.

>this is a democracy! the people decide on the rules and rulers! injustice shall be squashed!
>HOAs are non-democratic and not required to be democratic, essentially functioning as corporations.
>protest? lose your house.

Its just HOA keeping their property value up, or to appease a monster. No fun allowed

Just watch the xfiles episode "arcadia"

Not his job, but at the same time he didnt have to heavily implicate
home invasion if he didnt comply.

apparently not....

Is he a policeman? Is he enforcing the law?
THAT IS HIS JOB.

Land of the fee, home of the wageslave.

Your driveway is a public place. Start jerking off in your driveway and when a cop comes to take you away try telling him it's private property and he can't arrest you.

>Your driveway is a public place

No, it isnt. It's private property in public view.

Stop pretending to be stupid.

HOA violations are all civil, I have never heard of a cop being called into enforce an HOA violation, and unless that HOA had members that heavily funded a cops run for office the cop would tell them to fuck off.

In the video the cop clearly says village ordinance. Its a local law, not HOA. Most likely the village has adopted a strict set of laws to keep out minorities and poor people.
>not living in the country
>not becoming one with nature.

Illegal here in Germany too unless you install a light liquid separator.
Which you aren't allowed to install in residential zones.

>implying the middle east is relevant

Both of you are idiots who know nothing about the law, please stop.

There is no global definition of a "public place." Any statute such as a town ordinance will have a section for definitions in which it defines the operative terms used in the statutes. It's entirely possible that the town in the video defined a "public place" as any place including private property which is in public view. It's also possible that that person's driveway isn't a public place. We have no way of knowing unless we know what town he lives in and can look up their town ordinances.

Find me one city in America that defines private driveways as public places. I'll wait.

Not everywhere, OP. Out in the rural areas, people tend not to care. The more urban and upper class you get, the more rules there tend to be on what you can and can't do, even on your own property. The rules are there to discourage niggers, more or less.

>3 hours later

Guess that answers that, faggot.

It's probably one of those communities where even though you bought a house, you agreed to meme text that states your lawn and driveway is someone else's property and only being rented out to you.

Lot's of communities take runoff and flooding seriously. I could only widen my driveway a certain amount because ordinances say some percentage of my property must be dirt/grass (I think it was 60%). This town might have a similar reason for their rule.

I voted purely based on the long ball, because that's all I want to see in the ASG.

The all star game should have more dingers, so I voted for the players with the best home run average (didn't do actual math).

You can't even do it in your own house. Case law from years ago where some lady was being photographed whilst walking around naked in her house. Turns out she has no right to privacy because the inside of the house is publicly visible from outside and off the premises.

That being said, this is a total horseshit law about the carwashing. Sounds like pure cuckery. The guys in the video do seem like they could be trashy assholes, so without knowing the full story I can't totally hate on their neighbour. I don't agree with the law, but maybe these two are total douchebags and the neighbour was smart enough to find out how to make the police his personal bitch.

I had a shithead neighbour a few years ago, he would constantly blast his stereo with a massive subwoofer at all hours. I put up with it for a while, then drew a line at about 10:00PM. Technically there's a bylaw prohibiting excessive noise at any time, but he kept pushing it and ignored my requests to be respectful. Finally I just started calling the cops. They came out three times, and told him that if they got called out a fourth they'd find a reason to arrest him.

He moved about 4 months later :^)

TL;DR If you have shitty neighbours, there's nothing wrong with getting pigs to do your dirty work.

Neighbor next to me always has a party every Friday night and there is nothing I can do about it as his neighbor is a cop he invites very often.

What does it answer, exactly?

Funny thing here you have to have no run off but you cannot wash it on your lawn. I've to use a catchment system like a plastic sheet. But if your a Mexican detailer you can do whatever you want same as the side walk power washers and the parking garage cement washers.

Every summer it's global warming every winter storm is climate change, every sunburn is a hole in the ozone.

HOAs literally exist to take dues and not do anything

The only rules they ever enforce are the ones that involve doing shit with ones own property
meanwhile everytime it snows our road doesn't get plowed

His failure to provide any proof that there are cities that legally define a homeowner's driveway as a public area answers the question of whether or not he is a massive faggot.

It doesn't prove me right, but he can fuck right off, trying to tell other people they don't understand the law with literally zero evidence for his case.

Go jerk off in your driveway and see what happens.

This. They'll tell you that parking your car around your house by the sidewalk is against the law and that having a garden in your front yard is harmful to the community's image.

How would proving that some jurisdictions define private driveways as public places serve as proof that operative terms in statutes are defined within the statute?

Go learn the difference between "in public place" and "in public view"

Indecent exposure laws apply to places in public view. The city code cited by the police officer said a public place.

It's like you're trying to be wrong for (you)'s.

so um
u b sayin
we iz need a WALL

Interesting, I just did exactly this and had no issues

It's almost as if certain shithole neighborhoods with faggots on power trips in charge of regulations are terrible places to live

>Can't park your car on your own lawn in America.

You can ruin the cop's career by attesting professional negligence. Video tape and file complaints regularly. Make sure you get photos of the cop at his parties.

If that fails, burn his house down while he sleeps.

>HOAs literally exist to take dues and not do anything

Then yours are shitty. Mine has been excellent and civil. It's a friendly group. It's run mostly by retirees since it takes time and can be inconvenient for some people that have work schedules and families to take care of. The money is well spent and we occasionally have additional rare levees due to unexpected expenses.

Generally, lawsuits and rare out of court settlements with law breakers fund things like repairs. You might say gates, roads, ditches, or shrubs need maintenance expenses. Since the police occasionally chase people and they run the gate down, hit shrubs and trees, and damage the ditches, they get sued. Punitive charges are added on because that is legal here to recover trouble fees and inconveience to the community as well as diminished property value due to the perception of crime. These things an individual homeowner often cannot sue for, BUT an HOA can do so. Thank you federal district court!!

So yes, a good HOA with smart people aware of various legal precedents goes a long ways to making it a good place with a good efficient HOA. We have the county's biggest court litigation firm on retainer and they even give a discount due to all the court cases they litigate and make a ton of money from. Usually, lawsuits are needed, but rarely a good out of court settlement can be offered because the criminal actually has money and wants to avoid yet more lawsuits on his criminal record.

>I have never heard of a cop being called into enforce an HOA violation
We do for trespassers. As a homeowner, I don't need to call the board for them to call the police. I can call the police directly and tell them someone is trespassing and that I have read to them the text the police rep worked out with us. Once I have told them the essential info and the city ordinance, they have to leave.

>it's illegal to wash your car on your own property
Is California going to declare another water shortage emergency this summer and outlaw personal car washing unless you buy bottled water at the store?

Maybe parody stickers appear that say: I don't use tap water to wash my car. It deserves only the best Perrier! Or something like that.

the cop was hardly harassing the guys, in fact he saidd "i didnt make this shit up"

its the fucking neighbors.. fuck them so much, dude.

>New York
You may.... you may just be fucking retarded.
This is easily New England / Mass

This shit is why I want to buy me a piece of land away from everyone so I can walk naked to go get my mail, of course I will have me a a mixture of wall and shrubbery.

>city slickers
wot in tarnation

If you are too isolated, you may one day find yourself the target of identity theft. Some group of homeless take you over, get your passwords, then bury your body. They can pretend to be you for a long time as long as you have been an isolated loner.

It's certainly rare enough that you probably don't worry about it. But times are changing with regards to the homeless, and it's those kinds of people that may spark such types of crimes in the future. In my city last year, we did have several home invasion takeovers. The longest lasted 2 weeks and ended up with the old man dead but the old lady remained alive. The longest takeover in my city is approx 6 months and that was by a pair of homeless men who found a person that was living alone and didn't associate with many people after his divorce. He was wealthy too, so they would transfer funds from his 401K into his bank account. Then they used his card and PIN to withdraw cash from the ATM regularly. They had a lot of money to play with. They only got caught because they drove the guy's SUV on a long trip and got detained by some officer who became suspicious that their names were not related to the registered owner of the car. I don't know if the body was ever found. But it was a nice lakeside house too (million dollar up house).

What the fuck makes you think I am going to be a loner?
>Not having prepper tier security on your property and good boys who will bark at and bite intruders.

your claim to walk around nekked on your property

Yes this is a fantasy of mine and?

dang this is the whitest most sheltered post I have ever seen

>You have to buy into a neighborhood with an HOA

Similarly priced houses will maintain value better without an HOA

Actually, the city strongly encourages new developments to have an HOA even if they are not walled in ritsy private enclaves. They have enough statistical evidence collected decade after decade from the previous century and the start of this one to show that HOA neighborhoods have substantially less neglect and illegal activity problems than lassaiz faire neighborhoods.

>this is the whitest most sheltered post
And that comment illustrates the problem the city and county governments face. They have politicians that need the black and hispanic votes to stay in office. An HOA is not affected by BLM demands that they will make a voter campaign against the mayor or certain council members if they don't vote the way BLM wants.

A city cannot enforce some of its legal ordinances without constant complaints of racism. But an HOA can.

>Similarly priced houses will maintain value better without an HOA
HOA communities hold their values in my suburb city. They don't get their crime rates zooming up. Since it's clear many people want HOA, they've seen the benefits. Some people are too sensitive when they resents an HOA for having rules like don't throw trash on the ground, maintain your house so it doesn't look like a slum, and no political ads on your lawn or windows.

>Live in HOA
>I have my car up on jack stands every other week, it's a pos
>Someone makes a comment walking by several weeks ago about how they're gonna start seeing car parts in the lawn and how they thought this was a nice neighborhood
>I roll out from under my car and before I can say anything my old man with a wrench in his hand says, "mind your own shit"

Haven't had any problems since.

Thing that cracks me up, is my dad and I work on the house and have one of the best looking properties. We've only lived in this house for several months and we already repainted both the exterior and interior and we've thatched the lawn as well as pruned some trees and removed all the ivy on the property.

Half these house are being reclaimed by the earth and they bitch cause I work on my car. Fuck it might be an eye sore for a day or two, but their houses are diminishing our houses's value.

They literally only have less crime because they can be subtle about not allowing black people in.

HOAs are anti-nigger devices. But you can't call them that, and you have to dance around why all those HOA rules exist in the first place.

>Live in Australia
>HOAs don't exist and most people don't even know what they are
>Somehow, most neighborhoods are still presentable and not crime infested shitholes

Let people work themselves out rather than creating this HOA shit... birds of a feather flock together. If your neighborhood is filled with niggers then perhaps you are a nigger yourself, or you should move out.

Moving out is an expensive pain. And when you move into a new neighborhood you want to avoid having to move again and you'll invent ways to keep niggers out so you don't have to. Hence, the HOA.