Who was in the wrong here?

The Camaro for trying to overtake the pick up or the pick up for driving too slowly on the passing lane?

Was the semi truck a victim or part of the problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA7BASFqXIw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYh3t5WOc94
bussgeldkatalog.org/ueberholen/
youtube.com/watch?v=P-giC24SxwE&t=18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Two wrongs don't make a right, unless you count the swerving that camaro did.

Camara is still in the wrong for being a piece of shit driver, for one he has a tail light out, two tailgating and driving aggressively, three passing illegaly like a complete tool.

The Camaro is an absolute idiot.

He made a fucked up attempt to illegally pass, which then fucked 2 other people, one of which wasn't involved at all.

The pickup driver still was a tool for matching the speed of the fucking semi while he was in the passing lane, but that doesn't justify what the Camaro did at all.

All three of them got justice

At least he used his turn signals to change lanes even if the lane he was going into didn't exist.

The pickup was being a massive fag for not making any effort to pass the tractor trailer but the camero got what he deserved.
>People obstructing traffic and can't understand why the cars behind them are mad

>its a GM car tries to take a shortcut outside the road and gets BTFO episode

Both. The pickup stalled an overtake which is a traffic infringement at least where I live, -however- in no way does it justify the Camaro's behavior which is wrong in all possible regards.

>unless you count the swerving that camaro did.
kek'd

underrated post

wow the Camaro driver is such a piece of shit
hope they threw the book at him

can GM ever recover

Well, the camaro driver is probably drunk or physically incapable of operating a vehicle.

If you're going to pass like a bad boy make sure you're sober or skilled enough to make it.

However, it does serve to a reminder of all V8 driving good ol boys that not everyone is a cucked econobox driver who's late for work and your pathetic attempt to enforce the law harder than actual law enforcement can and will backfire on you when you encounter someone as ballsy and confident as you are.

Like me.

The shoulder is my favorite lane.

Bof
Camaro is a retard and the pickup is a cunt. I sympathize with the Camaro

>gm fangirls can't even drive
What a surprise...

>Camaro passes on the berm then merges into the side of the pickup
>hurrr who's at fault hurrr

>average camaro driver
Surprised no one has said this yet

Steel Hauler should've been aware of the dickery afoot and braked to let the combatants work it out. 9.9/10 keeping it shiny side up. Here's hoping his cheater bar slipped and accidentally contacted the Camaro driver's noggin.

The one in the wrong is always the faggot that speeds right up the right lane.

youtube.com/watch?v=pA7BASFqXIw

And now you got me watching crash videos on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYh3t5WOc94

They're both at fault for being reckless and endangering the lives of everyone else on the road.

>Get mad because someone tries to cut you off
>Block traffic in the left lane, thereby pissing everybody else off
>You know the person tailgating you is impatient, and will do anything to get his way
>Said driver goes full retard and overtakes on the shoulder, a shoulder that dips no less
>Ends up losing control and wrecks two other vehicles

Good thing there was dashcam evidence of the whole thing, otherwise the truckfag would have gotten off scott-free

obviously the camaro

>holding up traffic makes you at fault for someone else causing a crash out of sheer mental meltdown
Sure thing, buddy. Maybe the west is at fault for mudslime terror, too.

>Was the semi truck a victim or part of the problem.

Well from an American's point of view the road was part of the problem since it was built to allow people to drive side by side at these insane speeds.

They probably ticketed the cars on the other side of the highway as well. Whoever was on the bridge at the time is serving 25 to life right now.

It's illegal to block the overtaking line like that. In the insurance claim, they will both be denied and have to foot the bill themselves.

Kill yourself, pathetic bus rider.

All 3 should be executed

The truck for driving like a boomer faggot in the passing lane

It's a traffic violation, but in no universe does it warrant getting crashed into.

>hey someone's running a stop sign, better crash into him instead of braking to avoid a crash because I GUTZ DA RIGHT OF WEEEYYY

It's obvious the guy in truck was trolling the camaro, look at the huge gap ahead after the hit

The truck blocking the passing lane deserves a harsh ticket.

The Camaro driver deserves jail time and permanent loss of driving privileges.

It's a traffic violation stupid people commit to feel powerful

It's nice to watch them get taken down a notch, really.

>wait, i was being dumb, not alpha?
>oh well i guess i'll get used to a peg leg now haha

Maybe it went on alot longer, maybe both trucks were fucking with the Camaro. What if he had serious emergency and has these two guys busting his bawls, what do?

This guy gets it.

I'd also suspend the licence of that pickup driver. He was trying to escalate the road rage by matching speed with the semi. He was absolutely a contributing factor here, but the Camaro driver was absolutely a retard who should never drive again.

>park car facing wrong way in street so reflectors in taillights don't shine back against headlights
>car gets hit
>insurance can deny claim because your "infraction" caused the accident at least partially

I don't see why you think this is different.

Then the semi driver would also deserve revocation of his CDL.

I would feel some sympathy for the Camaro driver, but it wouldn't excuse his reckless driving.

>The Camaro for trying to overtake the pick up
OP is missing the context. Prior to the incident, the pickup truck encouraged road rage in the camaro. The pickup drove slow in the left lane even well behind the semi. The pickup of course came up to the semi and made use of the semi to keep on going slow to regulate left lane freeway traffic.

The pickup truck is the instigator that triggered the camaro driver into doing something foolish and illegal. In the Japanese system which doesn't have "winner takes all", the blame for cause of the accident would be 60% on the pickup truck and 40% on the camaro. However, the damage liability would be blamed mostly on the camaro, but the pickup truck driver still has to pay some of the damages.

It's too bad the USA doesn't use the Japanese system of shared blame. Most verdicts in the USA are the "winner vs loser" where there is a total winner and a total loser.

I think the pickup truck driver would have a license suspension in Germoney.

The semi driver is by no means obligated to do anything but cruise in the right lane. He wasn't trying to pass anyone and the truck matched his speed, it doesn't become his responsibility to slow down to let someone pass because some idiot wants to play highway patrol.

Hell, he was probably pegging his jew overlords speed limiter the whole video.

USA system:
pickup truck: winner - 100% clear
semi truck: victim winner -- 100% clear
camaro: 100% guilty, pays all costs

JAPAN system:
camaro - loser: 40% to blame, 75% restitution
pickup driver - loser:60% blame, 25% restitution
semi - victim (receives restitution)
In Japan, it is possible for the person with less blame to pay more of the restitution. That's because the blame part is for the criminal offense and jail time, public service time, probation time, etc. It's why the blame severity is separate from the restitution.

The percentages are completely arbitrary, there's no way you can accurately get them from an accident. That's completely fucking retarded.

>taken down a notch
Somehow in the minds of morons getting crashed into by a complete puddingbrain on crack means being taken down a notch.

No, overtaking at inedequate speed is a 80€ fine and 1 point on your license in Germany.

t. German

>camaro: 100% guilty, pays all costs
Rightfully so.

For what? Not going fast enough? Absolutely not. I've seen the same exact situation on the Autobahn, only it was a Police van blocking the overtaking lane. It's frowned upon and might net him a ticket, but loss of license? Fuck no. For all we know the semi might have sped up after the pickup already started his overtake, or maybe there was a speed limit.

Camaro driver would definitely lose his license though and probably get a hefty fine, for reckless driving, gross neglicence, endangering traffic, illegal overtaking and harassment (tailgating and flashing lights = harassment in Germany), the latter being a felony that would go on his permanent record.

I don't think you get a point for that anymore since the point system revamp. It's not a safety relevant infraction on a 2 lane road.

Got it from here, seems up to date:
bussgeldkatalog.org/ueberholen/

Also it would be a higher fine if it had directly resulted in damange, but the only thing that actually caused damage in this situation was the Camarofaggot completely spazzing out.

>harassment
>felony
>germans will defend living in germany

>No, overtaking at inedequate speed is a 80€ fine and 1 point on your license in Germany.
Thanks for the reference. In most US states the law implies that an overtaking vehicle should not exceed the speed limit so "inadequate passing speed" is not something a motorist can be cited for and certainly not held civilly liable for.

Literally half the people in this thread are not just aggressive drivers (I'm that too) but fucking entitled and ignorant. I hate that.

>The pickup driver still was a tool for matching the speed of the fucking semi while he was in the passing lane
Maybe it was the other way around. Happens all the time. My philosophy lately has been to just chill and drive at the speed limit as long as necessary. I ain't getting no ticket to avoid making some jerkoff who tailgates or doesn't like getting passed anxious.

>wow what the fuck I can't even tailgate and endanger myself and everyone around me without repercussions?
>muh freedums wheres muh freedums

>going full retard on public roads
>americans will defend living in a monkey country
You're all a bunch of aggressive dipshits and drive like shit, too.

If you can't adequately overtake without violating the speed limit you're not meant to overtake in the first place even here in Germany, but since we have a lot of road without speed limits we still needed the additional regulation. Adequate speed to my knowledge means at least around 5 mph difference, which of course semi trucks overtaking each other frequently ignore.

He came speeding up and tries to jam his way in front of the truck.

See youtube.com/watch?v=pA7BASFqXIw

Huh, didn't know that.
That makes me even more mad at all the trucks having elephant race offs on my local Autobahn despite there being an LKW Überholverbot.

>The percentages are completely arbitrary
You are triggered too easily. In this example of course they are arbitrary. Everyone in the thread knows I am not a court judge. But if the case was taken to court, then a judge would make a ruling on how much blame each party has for the incident. It may or may not be in percentages but as "most of the blame" and "some of the blame" description terms. That sets up how much punishment the camaro and pickup truck drivers have from the system. The pickup driver tried to create the accident situation and successfully did so, thus he gets the majority of the blame for the crime. The camaro performed the action causing the damages and thus pays for most of the costs.

I am no judge, so my numbers were only for sake of discussion in the thread. It's only official when a japanese judge makes the ruling. And if you say judges cannot rule arbitrarily, then you have thrown out why judges exist. There's certainly a lot of legal situations in which arbitrary decisions have to be made. Of course, in the usa, you can have all parties decide to go to an arbitrator for their arbitrary decision.

Semi truck no-passing zones are only local zones though, it's not in place on the entire Autobahn network. Renovated Autobahn sections actually have electric signs nowadays that automatically impose semi truck no-passing zones as soon as the traffic exceeds a certain frequency, so that cars can continue moving fluently.

Oh look, it's this thread again.

>braking
>downhill
>40 tons
Pick two.

Most people ignore it and it's understood that it's not going to be enforced unless there's an accident in which case it's just another thing going to pile up on the culpable party.

"Well Your Honor, I was passing the semi and the accused approached me rapidly, failing to maintain assured clear distance. I increased my speed up to 75 but he still attempted to pass me on the left immediately when the partition ended"

Yes, braking.

youtube.com/watch?v=P-giC24SxwE&t=18

>uphill
>reading comprehension

The point is that harassment itself is a felony, dipshit, not that the way he was driving was. God, you fags are fucking retarded. Learn to read, European dipshits.

They're still overtaking at 89kph in a no passing zone while the other truck is going 88kph, which I now know would net them 2 points but the fuckers never get caught.

>wow I can't even harass someone without repercussions what the fuck
>wheres muh freedums

Why should harassment not be a felony? Why do you think you should be able to get away with harassment with a lesser charge?

Blame is shared, but majority of blame lies on the idiot Camaro driver. Guy in the work truck should've sped up and got out of the fast lane. Idiot in Camaro should've honked instead of driving on the shoulder. Idiot should've been more skilled in driving on shoulder too.

>"But if the case was taken to court, then a judge would make a ruling on how much blame each party has for the incident. It may or may not be in percentages but as "most of the blame" and "some of the blame" description terms"
You just admitted that it is, in fact, completely arbitrary, making it stupid and pointless in the first place. A judge cannot make a decision on how much to punish someone based on arbitrary numbers, this is basic logic 101.

They can in Japan.

Hence why it's stupid and shouldn't be in place anywhere else, dipshit.

I wonder though, if the work truck didn't have a speed governor on it. If it did, that would explain why the work truck couldn't pass the semi without the driver being a dick. And if that's the case, all three share in this accident, although the camaro did most of the work in bringing it about.

Harassment is an anti-first amendment law, it's anti-free speech in Euroshit countries.

the jackass in the camaro is an idiot and the jackass in front of him is an idiot. both of them got what they deserved, truck did nothing wrong. i guess he technically could have slowed down to let the jackass in the camaro through, but legally he hasn't done anything wrong.

Camaro was wrong, the truck was wrong, and the 18 wheeler was wrong too. No reason not to yield to faster traffic.

But stupid going to stupid, and all three of them appear to be idiots.

Reread the hypothetical situation I was replying to.

Even without a limiter semi trucks can't simply zip to 80. They'll barely muster 65 loaded, and even then it'll take a minute to get from 60 to 65.

>getting angry and causing a traffic accident is somehow covered by the first amendment
Good to know, now I've decided what country to gas first if I ever wind up being a dictator.

Both the pickup and camero. The pickup is hindering traffic while the Camero is driving aggressively. The truck is trying to slowdown to prevent an accident from happening, but failed.

Camaro is at fault for recklessness, pickup is at fault morally for agitating the camaro. Semi should've slowed down to make a path for the pickup to move over or camaro to pass on the right.

All three suck, but the semi should've moved well clear of that bullshit.

>all these 4wheelers pitting blame on the big rig
By no means is a cdl driver obligated to yield to you aggressive cucks. Cdl drivers have a responsibilty to drive safely and follow the speed limit. No law in the country obligates a cdl driver to let someone merge over. If you can't pass a big rig stay behind it.

>No law in the country obligates a cdl driver to let someone merge over.
Two faggots engaging is a pissing competition right next to the semi is probably a dangerous condition. A competent driver with any sense would’ve seen the possibility for being involuntary involved in that bullshit instantly and slowed down.

The camaro's actions caused the truck to do that. As someone who has a v8 mustang I know better than to randomly tail gate people that hard. You have to give them enough room to think that you don't care and then pass when they cannot stop you.
If the camaro didn't bitch out when he tried to cut this guy off or at least backed off after to failing to cut him off he could have passed him between the two semis if he had a v8.
T. Asshole mustang driver. Because if you aren't driving like an Asshole you're unpredictable and will cause accidents. Cut them off every time and never ever let anyone in. Also pace tailgaters.

Look at the video again and pay attention to the trucks taillights.

Not an argument

So you're I take it? I read it the first time, maybe it will help to quote it here.
>maybe both trucks were fucking with the Camaro.
To which you replied
>Then the semi driver would also deserve revocation of his CDL.

I'm saying that wasn't the case in this instance, he was just doing what he was supposed to be doing. Keeping to the right lane since he wasn't passing and he was more than likely at his bullshit company prescribed speed limit.

I'm pretty sure when he said "work truck" he meant that POS Chevy with a ladder rack that was holding up the Camaro. Especially since in the next sentence he says "that would explain why the work truck couldn't pass the semi".

Even a 5.3L Silverado and "zip" to 80mph much faster than a semi. It's pretty obvious when you watch the video of how he punched it to keep the Camaro from getting in front of him.

Also, all GM trucks and vans are limited at 98mph.

>So you're

Yes, I am.

>I'm saying that wasn't the case in this instance

I know it wasn't., I was simply responding to a hypothetical. We aren't in disagreement, the semi driver didn't do anything to warrant citation in reality.

>calling pickups trucks
>calling trucks semis

Well I'm glad we got that ironed out, I also agree with you that if the CDL holder intentionally does things like the driver of the Silverado he should at the very least be served a fine.

>getting mad at vernacular
Eurobro?

the camero is wrong because they arent fast enough for an advanced ramshoulder pass technique

Entirely the semi-tractor company's problem, for failing to train their drivers on obvious traffic situations like this. He must have obvserved this festive battle and he ignored it. Was he brainwashed? Was he never trained? Yes.

They should be sued by every party, including the driver of the semi. It's totally wrong. Absolutely criminal. Outragous. Look at that, if that truck had only slammed on it's brakes to allow this flush-cheeked, adventurous young man in the Camaro to pass on the right, or let the impeccable and morally flawless gentleman in the fat-ass pick-up overtake him, nothing bad would have happened.

I know for a FACT that the company employing that driver, who is also a victim, mind you, is liable for millions of dollars here.

Also, you, user! What if you were in that car with the camera, and the accident happened another way. You could have been hurt, or your property damaged. It's absolutely criminal.

I'm pretty sure that was bait.

I believe it was what they refer to as using sarcasm and being sardonic.

this honestly
they all three acted like assholes

the pickup is at fault here
middle lane is not for cruising
all the cars including the one filming hogging the left lane are responsible too

I a just world the Camaro would have gotten crushed by the truck.

the 3 of them allowed this incident to happen
if the truck just let the dude pass and speed away
then it's not his problem anymore
an every one is happy and on his way home
he made the first move
the semi did his
and the camaro crashed them all
justice

overall the Camaro, but the pickup absolutely deserved it

>all the cars including the one filming hogging the left lane are responsible too

This is bullshit. He/she probably would have been driving a lot faster to get by the truck if there weren't vehicles in-front on him.

yeah i know i just wanted some you's
but people need to understand the right lane aren't "shame lane" or slow ones
i always see people cruising in the middle lane
and fucking look the road is fucking empty i don't even get why they're so far left

sounds like belgium could learn some stuff from the germans.. we have those electric signs but they only show speed limits. fucking trucks are always overtaking eachother on a 3 lane highway. sometimes all 3 lanes are filled with a wall of trucks.

watch the full video posted in the thread, the pickup was matching the speed of the semi to prevent passing by camero, and even then there was a second semi not far behind the one involved, and those things have a lot of inertia to stop, braking at a speed that would allow one of these two to get into his lane would be dangerous

why the fuck wouldnt the middle lane be the cruising lane?

exits and entrances are going to be on the right, therefore traffic will be slower there, left lane is for passing, that leaves the middle lane for cruising, and going at a constant speed means you are going at a predictable speed making it easier for people to transfer between left and right lanes

Not the guy you replied to, but I'm assuming in a case like this where there are only two lanes - the 'middle lane' he's referring to is the left lane.