What was the worst era for car designs?

What was the worst era for car designs?

1980s followed by the 1950s

Post-economy crash.

what's going on right now, with safety and shit everything is bloated and huge and round

80's. Despite a FEW cool cars, 99% were literal boxes with the most bland interiors ever.
>inb4 poor people and muhh feelss

>ignores all the gorgeous cars coming out right now

name one

>most of them are North America exclusive models
Murrikans and their bland taste in econoboxes btfo.

Also cars of a given year have always looked almost the same.

4c

Ib4 your autism because you're poor.

Worst not best.

This
Everything just got fat around this time

Going from the 5th generation which looked pretty slick with the 17inch rims to the "HOLY SHIT, WTF" 6th generation with its fat body and ugly grill, and people somehow praised the 6th gen for some reason I remember it got a lot of positive attention.

Not just them, look at lincoln with its cars, the mkz looked really good in 2008, but they fucked it up and made it fat with an ugly grill

yes it looks good but it has a shitty transmission.

the 5th generation was eternally boring though

the only reason I have the 50s as #2 is because the European makes really carried the decade

American 50s cars were truly awful some of the worst

At least it wasn't as bland as the accord and camry of the same year, plus it had a more powerful engine

Compare this to the accord and camry of the same year and tell me its boring

4c is huge, it is wider than Range rover

I think I might be retarded, because I prefer that gen's Accord over the Sonata.

Jesus Christ, the autism.

That looks like shit though

I'm not saying its a bad car, just bland

In my mind it has been post 2000. There are some exceptions, but all cars get fatter. While the people also get fatter.

lol no it isnt

same

This era. Every damn car looks the same. Only exceptions are a few legacy Murican muscle cars and the trucks.

>implying that cara never looked the same until now

I hate this fucking delusion

Cars will always look similar to cars designed in the same period. It's always been that way. It's like you retards don't understand how trends work

Out of all those, I'd take the Isuzu Impulse.

Yeah, except wedges actually look good. The horrifically overdesigned melted bars of soap with whale shark mouth grilles we have today don't.

Euro version looked better. Hell, apparently it was nice enough to sell under a premium brand in the US.

From mid 00s..

More weight
More height
Pedestrian safety rules

What exactly do you find ugly about 50s american cars?.
I find they beautiful, in their own over the top way.