1.5 3 cyl

>1.5 3 cyl
>200 hp

How?

Literally half a Ferd GT should have 300hp with the ECOBOOST motor desu

Turbo?

2 atmospheres of boost and a 50000 mile service life

Low friction components (timing belt in oil, etc) and forced induction.

bump for assmad gm fangirl

>2.0 4 cyl
>381 hp

AMG the absolute madmen

Wonder if it's gonna take 0w20 oil like everything else these days. Wouldn't feel right to me with it being turbocharged, but the new regular Civic and CRV with the 1.5 turbo take 0w20. I'll be interested in seeing some Blackstone Labs analysis reports on these cars to see if that leads to increased metal content in the oil or not.

I like the STs, but why did they start putting early-2000s cancer rims on them?

sick type r bro

Its like a 400hp 3L. I don't see the issue tbqh

>lightly tune a 2jz
>cut it in half

>needing forced induction to make 200 hp out of 1.5L with a strong service life
Bikes r laffin at u m8 @ 200hp/1L NA

That's like water fuck

What's the service interval on that engine? Why will it never make 120k miles? Why are you even posting this as you know it's ridiculous yourself?

>can't even make enough toque to get a car moving

Of course it will lead to higher metal content in the oil. But these engines don't need to do 300k miles, they'll be scrapped long before then

yeah but bike engines rev to the moon and make no power and no torque until you get near the top

you can't do that in a relatively heavy car and expect it to be daily drivable

A more interesting question than this shit thread is what's your favourite power method, cubes, revs or boost

with a tarbo

It's not like this is some crazy new shit. The old fiesta makes 200 hp from a 1.6L 4 cylinder.

Looks VERY and I mean VERY feminine. What the hell? Girls dont like hot hatches, and its too girly for males. No wonder no one buys it lol. Base price is probably 50k euros too. Nice way to waste money, Mercedes.

friendly reminder that GM has no hot hatch or hot versions of their shit sars.

That's pretty much in line with any other high strung turbo 4 pot (most of them are just tuned down from the factory).

Stage 2 '15 WRX will make 300+whp which works out damn close to 380 bhp with 20% drivetrain loss (th...thanks AWD)

And it's an AMG so it's not like anyone expects reliability. They can get away with 20+lbs of boost from the factory.

The non-AMG's are girly. The AMG version is so retarded looking with it's carbon spoilers and so boyracerish it's awesome. I see lots of them. I pitty the fool that buys one of them CPO.

>3 banger
why.jpg

people are too broke these days to afford new cars. the cars of today are going to need to well over 500k because that's the only car they're buying for the next 10 years.

in the US the average auto loan term is getting very close to 7 years

Modern cars are hitting 200k miles with ease

There was an F150 Ecoboost work truck that hit that and still ran great, not a single leak anywhere

I sure wouldnt buy one lol. RS3, Focus RS, Golf GTI is way way better and for lower price. Design is subjective too, but even shitty Ford stepped up the game with sport trim bmpers and agressive look

>Still less than a 2006 Mitsubishi grocery getter

>in the US
>loan term

let's face it, ameribro's consider theirselves rich because they all get in debt like madmen, call me a europoor but if i buy a 20K car, i lay down the 20k and drive it off the lot, none of my european friends would ever get in debt for a term even close to 5 years to buy a car.

a lot of Americans are idiots who shop based on monthly payment

they don't even look at the total cost or try to figure out finance charges

As far as i see it, the deeply conservative rooted capitalistic way of life depends more on social profilation (driving a nice new car -even at the price of sacrificing a big chunk of your life for it) is a lot more present in the (young) american population than here in my western eu country..

Fuck off commie

Fuck you i work 50 hours a week to be part of the middle class, at least let me think freely

Oh look. Another thread that turned into Europeans trying to act superior to everyone else.

We need flags so I can filter euros.

I honestly don't know why they come to an American website hosted in America, with a majority of American posters, to talk about how much they hate Americans.

They should just fuck off to ylilauta or whatever the yuropeon equivalent of Veeky Forums is

Nobody hates Americans, we just like laughing at how they buy long ass car loans like retarded children

so you paid shills are still here, fuck. This is a japanese towel folding board for autistic outcasts, it was made to for nihilist cynical bitching why the fuck are you being all patriotic over here, get that red white and blue dildo out of your ass and stop jacking off to donald trump fucking you in the ass financially over the past 4 fucking years you fucking degenerate neckbears. fuck the US & fuck the EU, Veeky Forums is for people not giving a fuck if they drive their japanese shitbox into a tree at 90mph because of snap oversteer not some pantsies getting in debt over their muh patriot domestic car.

eat a dick

A little ironic coming from somebody who probably rents a 90sq.ft "flat" for $2500 a month.

I'm actually an American myself kek

You sound slightly upset. Why not enjoy a nice iced mocha and calm down a little sweetie?

Not an argument, shitstain. This is a american website hosted in america with a majority american user base.

Your cucklogic makes you no better than the "refugees" swarming europe, to be honest.

the only reason these Americans are even mad is because they actually financed a shitbox for 7 years

yeah, but how bad is the turbo lag gonna be?

your daddy sucks dick

If Initial D is real, then apparently Toyota tuned the 1.6L 4AGE to make 250hp without forced induction, but with 5 valves per cylinder. Is this true? How were they able to get such high HP from such a tiny engine, in the 80s no less?

A 1.75 would be half sperg.

Ooooh, fancy that, 200k miles, so you're only paying literally twice the price for less than half of the service life. Fuck off know nothing.

There's a reason racing teams will have multiple engines for one car

The engine referred to in the anime is a very expensive race engine not really up for the task of street driving.

>1.5
>1200hp

>but 98t engine was temporary, as in every f1 car
and so will be all of those stupidly small turbo city car engines. i bet 325i that produces 180hp from 2.5 will be still happily riding around when every single one of those modern formula-boosted engines will die

camshafts and high reving

apparently, you can move your torx higher up the rev range with custom camshafts. higher up -> more power, since hp is function of torx and rpm. of course, engine has to be prepared so it won't shit out crankshaft or something while revving this high.

it was even kinda realistic when dagumi bitched about engine running terribad below 8k rpm. that's how moving your torx up the rev range should look like.

its a race engine

it doesnt need to worry about long term reliability

people have made 400+hp all motor Honda K series engines

yeah maybe if it was the 1970s and turbo engines were still unknown witchcraft

some Germans find out that the optimal cylinder per displacement ratio was 1 cylinder/500cc and since the fiesta is made by autistic Germans guess what happen.

>200k miles
>not even a leak
Yeah, it's totally at the end of its life

You fucking idiot

>leaks have anything to do with longevity
Ok new guy

Rubber seals usually wear out before metal anything in an engine, especially with engines that use synthetic oil

>Direct injection
Suck my dick.

>Turboed direct injection
Suck my dick.

I'm glad we agree that leaks have nothing to do with longevity, though I take issue with your implications that you can judge the wear of components by the wear on other unrelated components based on them being within a few yards of each other.

>Why will it never make 120k miles?
Because it will be crashed doing 200mph on a public road or turned into a track/stunt bike and destroyed well before it hits that number.

Boost.

This. You're going to see so many engine and turbo failures in a few years.

It's because nobody everybody sleeps through math class and home economics classes don't exist anymore.

FiST faggots on suicide watch that their sutp id poorfagmobile is BTFO in form factor by a car with actual performance.

F

>engine seals are unrelated to the engine
How retarded are you?

It's already happening. I see lots of Ecoboost cop cars and trucks on flat beds going back to the shop.

nice anecdote

eh

the fiesta is pretty similar with HP/L and its been reliable

>camshafts
>high revving

Do not make me choose between Ford or Mercedes.

>he thinks you can judge the wear of a main bearing or rocker shaft by how well his sump gasket is holding up
You are so dumb

Turbos and superchargers were around for quite a few years before 1970. It was just usually limited to military use (aircraft and such), since nobody saw a real need for forced induction in normal cars, and the gigantic lag was not ideal for racing.

there are plenty examples over numerous manufactures that show it can be done quite easily

>less than 12 cylinders

how do you niggas cope?

this dude looks like he's gonna fire kryptonite rods from LEO at mercedes main office.

Probably a libtard from San Francisco paying 4000 a month for A 90sq ft studio

Why wouldn't I take a five year loan at 0% and then take the money that I would have spent on the car and make ~10% on it, compounded over 5 years?

>12 cylinders
>fuck all power
>kinda laughable torque
>em pee gees=none

300hp for a non-performance 5.0 liter engine from 1987 is okay imho.

>implying that's the only thing people check
Stop being a retard

>1.5 liter 4 cyl
>1500 hp

>80 hour service life

The 250hp 4A-GE isn't quite a myth, they were used in Formula Atlantic AE86s. Though they usually made more like 230hp to 240hp depending on the rev cut and cam profile.

But to get there, you need an EXTREMELY well balanced bottom end that'll take 10k RPM, cams with a lot of duration and lift that will help the engine breathe better further up in the rev range, tighter valve springs to stop it from floating, quad throttles rather than a single butterfly to increase the air in to the engine, an exhaust that scavenges well, all the internals need to be light as well. There's a lot more that I haven't included, but be aware that building a Formula Atlantic 4AGE literally costs around $15k. And lastly, they don't make that sort of power and last very long, usually they'd require a refresh after every two races or so.

Lastly, the Formula Atlantic engines used 4 valve heads, not 5 valve heads. The 16V bigport flowed a lot better than the 20V head at 200hp+ mark.

bike engine
>undersquare as shit
>twice the revs
>half the torque

Engines aren't magic. Go look at harleys. Basically car engines despite being 2l twins.

>Formula Atlantic AE86s

uhh those things dont exist

this is Formula Atlantic and they used 4AGE 16v or Cosworth engines

Takumi swapped in a Group A 20v Silvertop

Apologies. The Formula Atlantic engines were built to the same spec as those used in the N2 AE86s, pretty much the same engines.

Evey sandnigger in my town seems to think that an A-class AMG or Cla AMG is the most prestigious car to own. So I see these shitboxes almost daily. Also always in white with black rims

London fag?

Because Ford EUROPE.

Murica:
>7l, 190hp

Real car builders:
2.5L, 500+HP

It's not the 70s anymore you mongoloid, the GT350 has a 5.2L flat plane V8 that revs to 8250rpm and makes like 526bhp

I forget if they even have hatchbacks...

Well yeah, they sell good cars instead like the Camaro. Even the shit tier V6 with a track pack is faster than a Mustang GT

fucking krauts

Rotterdam