When did Jeeps become girl vehicles?

When did Jeeps become girl vehicles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93PiOn2wHwY
suzuki.com.au/vehicles/suv/jimny-sierra
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When they discontinued the 4.0

After the YJ when they got sissified. Then they got 4 doors and became another generic mall crawler.

when 2wd ones started existing
XJ is the only jeep worth having imo

Don't ask me how marketing works, aparently it was more profitable to give into the 2% of buyers who were "fun" women then it was supplying every off-roader and farmer with cars and parts.

I do t get companies either, there's a huge fucking gap that needs to be filled. Whoever makes the next Suzuki Samurai is going to be fucking swimming in cash.

This pretty much. When they introduced a 4-door version powered by a minivan engine, females took note.
[spoiler]TJ, XJ, and ZJ a best Jeeps. Fight me.[/spoiler]

>the current state of jeep

>when 2wd ones started existing

I guess jeep was always shit, sad

The XJ was available in 2WD for at least a couple of years.

when the fuel and safety regulations came in the early 2000s killed every other mass produced offroad oriented recreational vehicle.

Jeep now has no real competition in the wrangler space and has to meet increasingly stringent road-going, non-commercial-truck vehicle standards.

Yeah I know, I kinda wanna slam one and swap it

Check sales figures of Compass and Renegade. They're selling a fuckton of those. IMO the girly started with the Liberty.

/thread

BETTER QUESTION: When did Suzuki stop giving a fuck about off-roading?! And no Jimny's don't count.

Probably around the same time as the Ferd Exploder rollover shit.

>Veeky Forums complaining about legions of roasties buying Jeep wranglers
>Would rather see Jeep die and used jeeps skyrocket in price without its roastie subsidy.

When did you all you bus riders become faggots? None of you buy new vehicles that would even remotely justify your complaining.

>new jeeps are designed for women
>these jeeps eventually enter the used market
>all the used jeeps are now designed for women

The thing is the rosties aren't buying good jeeps they're buying trash. 10 years from now 99.99% of jeeps will be roast mobiles that are shit off-road.

The Samurai sells like hotcakes around here, definitely could use more options in that market.

Really saturates my sundried tomatoes that nobody's making any small suzukilet off-roaders. Everybody wants one and you don't even have to design that shit, the design was perfected. Just remake a samurai with modern machines and processes and sell it for a non Jew amount.

So much money potential being wasted.

>tfw live in Georgia and every wanna be sorority girl gets their dad to buy them a jeep to look cool

>never ever use them for their actual purpose unless going to the beach or some gay shit

>Dads buy the 4 door jeeps to look cool infrotn of all the other dads who drive honda pilots and shit

>only jeep offroaders have XJs and TJs with thousands of dollars worth of mods.

>just remake a samurai with modern machines
What does that even mean? Nearly every part of the Samurai/Sidekick would not work with today's traffic safety standards. They're deathtraps as far as federal legislation goes.

What pains me more is that college sluts likely don't wash them after going to the beach.

YOURE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!

>dogfucker kys please
lmao

How? Because I'm educated on what the laws are when it comes to manufacturing new cars? Read a book, you little prick.

I DISAGREE WITH SAFETY LAWS, PEOPLE WONT LEARN FROM THERE MISTAKES!!!

Typing in capital letters on an anonymous image board isn't going to help your case.

The moment a girl bought one.

When they introduced synchronized transmissions.

youtube.com/watch?v=93PiOn2wHwY

Toyota needs to bring back the fj40

Fucking please, when the fuck is a soccer mom going to roll her car? The only cars get rolled are either at lethal speeds anyways or in serious offroading in which case most people have roll bars.

Yesterday

why the fuck do you care

>tfw some hot chica waved at me this morning
It's a nice community. Jeep drivers are arguably some of the most harmless on the road, because all the stupid shit they do is offroad.

>minivan engine

This means literally nothing. Not to mention no woman would ever know or care about such a thing.

I'm not even sure what he's trying to convey by minivan engine. Probably some hick that is equating HP with offroad ability I guess. He should do what I did when I was younger and drive a Geo Tracker to a climb meetup and laugh at the BillyBobs having rock problems with their hueg trucks and jeeps

that fuckhead doesn't realize that the average minivan is pretty damn quick

Probably because barbie in the 80's

My WJ has the 4.0....2004 was the last year they used them.

Since we're talking about Jeeps, why does my 94 YJ make a loud banging/grinding sounds when I make hard left turns? It's fine at low speeds.

My guess would be power steering.

on 4x4 or 4x2?

I never drive the thing in 4x4 on streets, that's silly. 4x2

>when the fuck is a soccer mom going to roll her car?

probably a high chance since they can't drive for shit

Suzuki still makes it, but couldn't sell it in murrica because murricans are retards.

I'm gonna guess either when the YJ or TJ came out.

Girl boners, but only with chicks that hate their dads.

Fucked cvs? Just check shit in and around your wheels. If it makes the noise when you're not moving it's probably power steering.

when beauty became a quantifiable value of success, and having a retro convertible is the ultimate way to show off.

Jeeps are both of those things.

You say that like 7 out of 10 chicks don't hate their dads.

The real answer, when Daisy Duke made it look hot. That's when, and it followed with other girls over the years wanting the same attention Daisy Duke got by driving a taller vehicle with no doors, and guys gawking at their legs. This isn't rocket science, it's about what women will do to get looked at. Every chick car has been about being seen, and no other vehicle shows the driver more than an open Jeep.

what are you talking about?
suzuki.com.au/vehicles/suv/jimny-sierra

LOL

they're not available anywhere that matters, user.

Faggot

careful he might yiff it or something

The same reason truggs became girl vehicles, theyre fucking big and they want to feel superior over everyone on the road because they have a higher stance.

You're retarded if you think a Jimmy is on the same level as a samurai. They're repackaged escudos.

When they stopped selling them with out hardtops and gave them dash boards. If you look inside a jeep nowadays it's just like any other car. Don't get me started on the stock tires and suspension.

The whole offroader thing is just a fashion statement for girls who say they are into guy stuff and not into drama, and love craft beers, and they love the out doors, you can tell because they have plenty of Instagram pics of them outside.

Also, they don't jeep wave. Even the ones who have a bit of taste and drive more enthusiast looking jeeps.

They became girl vehicles when the jk's came out, some might say when they made the tj because >muhcoilsprings but who the fuck cares. Miatas are girl cars too so get over the whole girl car thing

You should fucking care, girls only care about appearances not performance.

>ywn have this basic as fuck 4 wheeler with basic as fuck dashboard
FUCKING FICKLE NORMIES

then replace parts to fit your needs instead of overpaying for "sport" packages at dealerships. just like you would with litterally any other car.

I guess, most girls just think my heep is really scary, so eh. What ever, all I care about is that it can take me here ever I wont. Plus, if I have a girlfriend then I don't have enough money for jeep parts

love my dash, except the clock, clock is a piece o shit

It's not the same, but we can all pretend.

Also had a Daihatsu feroaza as my first car. The dashboard was aesthetic as fuck.

>mfw just bought an XJ 2 door for $1200

Idk. It doesn't seem all that girly.