Daily Biker Thread

What you drive?

How many crashes did you have?

Have you accepted your faith yet?

>i crashed twice and once i flew 4 metres

>i have since realized that a few seconds of fun are not worth spending life paralyzed

Other urls found in this thread:

cycle-ergo.com/
crash.org.au/
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98
youtu.be/wv9xNXxAlHg
youtube.com/watch?v=8KcsV6Gzir0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying i ride fast at all

>daily biker thread

dbt on discount general?

Somebody doesn't know what they're doing edition. And neither do i

>Motorcycle Benchracing
>Motorcycle Xenophobia
>Motorcycle Hookups
>Motorcycle Pics & Very Boring Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Your bike a shit

Benchrace your buttocks:
>cycle-ergo.com/

>Benchrace your p-plate:
>a2bikes.co.uk

Benchrace your helmets:
>crash.org.au/

Look at a map that never gets updated:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
→ #

Webms with sound:
#

Previously on dee bee tee:
→ #

Weeb ghetto:

Yo momma

Just one. Am dead.

Religion is a mass controller

What are all the main naked bikes being manufactured right now

Fz07/09
Street triple

HEIL HITLER

GS500

crashed GS500F

gs500

Off to a great start.

S1000R
Tuono
Super Duke
Fuck that nip shit

should I post in this thread

youtu.be/wv9xNXxAlHg

>entrance nakeds

This is the worst /dbt/ in the history of /dbt/s, possibly ever.

What is this? A beginner bike shootout?

Every dbt is the worst dbt. Get off it.

An attempt was made to fix it. In the last thread you said you have to do maintenance on the 701. What do you have to do? Didn't you just get it? Like the post break in service or something

This thread perceived as illegitimate.

He said the main ones. ~650 is the generally accepted medium.

I'm just trying to put together a list to read about all of them. Got my first bike a couple months ago. Wanted to check some out

I wanna build an hideous amalgamation of genres, what base should i butcher?

A hyosung. Nuff said about that.
Crashed twice and learned both that shit happens and both times were my fault and could have been avoided

Even CTA /dbt/ are better.

GS500

I'm putting a tube in my mouth. Thanks for the support, but my lot is just too nuch.
God bless and God speed to you all.

35 year old here in the US.

I have a license but i dont have a bike yet... i want one real bad though.

Besides the fear of dying, my father just passed and i think i am afraid of leaving my mom alone (im an only child).

In any case i have had a Piaggio NRG 50cc moped. I feel off my cousins moped once (it wasnt the piaggio, i think it was an old peugeot moped), then i fell off the piaggio twice. The first time was actually the first week i owned the thing. My friend was on the back and i wasnt used to turning with the extra weight. The second time was alone being reckless near the beach. I scraped up my foot pretty good but i was wearing flip flops.

Conclusion: i still want to ride and i think that being humble on the bike and following ATGATT (All the gear all the time) can probably make you avoid a lot of problems. That said sometimes it's unavoidable.

Good to see someones come around to openly admitting sucking dick.

What do you mean? What happened?

dbt cruiser edition

i daily this thing. a shadow 750 ace.

in april i had a collision while lane splitting. traffic was not moving and somebody wanted to make a U turn while i just came to pass her. lucky i just had a bit of pain and bruises to my right leg. the bike din't have any critical damage but it still cost me about 1200€ to get it the way it was.

would anyone be interested in a review of the following bikes (testrode them)

> GSX 1000S
> V Strom 1000 XT
> R 1200 GS
> R 1200 RT
> GSX 1250 FA

and if so, please emphasize if I should dwell on any aspect of the bike

How is the new Strom?

i could comment on the V Strom XT as of 2016, but i cant compare it to an older model if that's what you mean

Yeah, your comment on the matter, it is fine. I'll just imagine the differences myself.

5 or so crashes in 20 years. Some big, some small. 3 totalled bikes, one got rebuilt because it was an actual racebike.

Have never broken a bone in a wreck. Not even one. 2 wrecks on track, the rest on street. Street wrecks were done wearing jeans. No injuries beyond bruises and a couple scrapes.

Seen it. They're not as ugly as the new FZ1.

youtube.com/watch?v=8KcsV6Gzir0

the absolute madman

>Fox Lake

creepy close senpai

aight, hope i didnt forget something.
power / acceleration
not too powerful acceleration, highspeed somewhere around 200 km/h, but i wouldnt want to go that fast on the machine, because of a wind protection issue, that comes up later. you get up the gear fairly quickly, which is probably because of the low cc.

tech / instruments
The stock mirrors have too much the "in your face" feeling, they feel huge and close up. but there are aftermarket solutions, that also look nicer. the bike has digital gear indicator / speedometer, fuel gauge. analogue rpm. need to press and hold ignition button. only press briefly, it starts by itself. bike also has abs, traction control and the like.
as you release the clutch, the bike automatically increases the rpm by a bit to avoid stalling. i thought to myself that only makes sense if a newbie rides this bike, which i can hardly imagine. noone out of driving school would sit on a VStrom 1000 straight away. This piece of tech annoyed me

seating / footpegs
being 1,88m, when i stopped at a traffic light, my legs were in a straight line down, touching the ground. just right. but in that line's way were the footpegs, which annoyed me a lot, because you have to put them in an adversely position then. sitting rather high on this bike, gives you a sense of security though.

wind protection
3-fold adjustable windshield, but either stage doesnt do much because its pretty small aswell. couldnt imagine this for longer tours of 2-3 hours upwards. also your legs are not protected at all as they are pretty far "out". there is no fairing in front of them. my knees actually felt a bit cold after 20 min (and it was a warm day). never had that on a bike before.

sound
sweet powerful sound, especially when accelerating

handling
pretty stable, even in tiny roundabouts you have good rpm control and can go through with a constant 15 kmh or so. wide handlebars also give you good steering control

SV650

My DL is the most powerful bike I've had, I can keep up or pass 1000 4cyl bikes over short distances but I mainly get passed at about 120kph where they seem to just fly past. I know the newer one is faster and quicker. As for speed. The wind protection isn`t great. At 200kph the wind holds your feet to the pegs. At that speed ADV style helmets feel like someone is hold onto your head and moving it about. I do find the rpm and power climb quickly compared to other types of bikes but it is rev limited at 9500 rpm.

As for the mirrors, the ones I have are a bit small when compared to my KLRs mirrors, they are good enough but could be bigger.

Gear indicate is something I don`t have but would like. It only tells you if you are in 6th. The rest doesn`t sound any different. The clutch thing is dumb, I doubt it is enough rpm to rev match when down shifting. I don`t like the sound of it at all, I can`t see anyone starting on a 1000 over a 650 anyway. ADV bikes don`t suffer from that American things of buying a Busa as a starter bike.

I'm also 1.88m and flat foot it fine. I don`t like how my legs feel on the pegs while moving though, it feels to me like there is less distance from the seat to the pegs than my KLR650. I'm just whingeing about it though, Cycle ergos says there is a difference of 4 degrees. So it might just be me.

I am definitely going to get better cans than what is standard. I like how it sounds now, but I know it can be way better.

It does weigh more than my KLR650, it feels meatier. Yet, maybe because I'm not a manlet I have zero problems moving it round at low speed.

Over all sounds like they just updated the engine from 996cc to 1050cc or something like that and added on all the fancy things like ABS and traction control. I can`t say I like the sound of that clutch thing, the bike is not powerful below 3k rpm but it still sounds worthless. Also what is that bash plate made of? Mine is stiff ruber, useless. I'll bet is is plastic.

Just buy a VFR800X

>HYPER NAKED ADVENTURE SPORTS TOURER

Fucking hell honda

Gimme the Bavarians. How were them?

>there are people who prefer this to rin

why.

I see, there was a bike show at the retirement home

Do the GSXs

I like it, I wouldnt mind a 4cyl fast bike motor in none fast bike frame. But has sort the same specs as my V-Twin DL-1000 so I would never consider getting one. I would love to some how cram a GSX1000 motor inside of the DLs frame. I would love a;
>300kph ADV
>Aerodynamically unwise
>not like I go off road anyway
>trick niggas on 600 sports into racing
>blow them out
>be the fastest gramps alive

in short: if you havent tried boxer engines before, you'll be surprised how the things are in your way. i bumped my shins a couple times as I was coming to a stop, because naturally you stretch your legs a bit more forward before you come to a dead stop. especially at the RT it was annoying, because it has an extra cover over the engines, which gives you even less space.
power wise, both bikes arent all to powerful, as he high PS on the RT for example would suggest. Both are comfy for pillion rides, techs are alright and plenty, although the GS dashboard felt a little chaotic with all the different sized displays and numbers all over. the RT made a smoother impression. if wanted, i make a more detailed rewiev, but first comes the gsxs, as someone asked for it by now

adventurebusa when?

Thats called a ducati Multistrada, son. Just go buy one.

Only warning... when the battery in the keyless ignition fails, you'll end up calling your brother who is the only guy you know with a trailer, to come and pick your ass up from the parking lot.

...i'm the guy with the trailer.

>Keyless ignition.

In an 'adventure bike' nonetheless.

I know... its such a colossal fail on an otherwise great bike.

And yea, I know its a twin but 155+hp ain't no joke.

Post cafe racers

it was a local dealer, with some bikes on display outside.
power / acceleration
strong, but not overly insane acceleration. imo it was comparable to a Fazer 1 or other literbikes.
tech / instruments
the dashboard has just about the right size, ABS, odometer, fuel gauge and also displays the reserve range if it comes to that. switching between the odometer settings can be a bit tricky tho, especially on highways, because it could be a little hard to reach if you have short arms.
seating / footpegs
a slight forward lean, but comfy.
wind protection
wind what? it's a naked with no fairing at all. everything above 130km/h is uncomfortable and exhausting. you have to hold onto the handlebar good when exceeding that speed. Other bikes I rode much much faster, but i wouldnt even dare 180 km/h on the GSX S
sound
cool sound, good growling. although after an hour or so I imagine it could be annoying, as it's also loud inside your helmet
handling
easy handling, perfect for commutes, fun rides across country or day rides. also the appearence and colors make a good impression. especially those golden forks

Anyone know much about the recent benelli Bn600? I always thought Benelli made sweet looking bikes (see; Tornado)
But since 2010 or something they got bought out buy a big ol' Chinese company.

Apparently the bikes are still assembled in Italy, but it's the chinese production quality of things like forge casting, wires, plastics perishing etc.

I know china has the capability to make super good products and downright trash on the sides of a coin.

Which side does the benelli sit on i wonder.

It's not a fancy or fast bike for the price...
But nnnhhhggggg; I have a weakness for off/unusual/rare brands and Italian bikes.

Interesting.

If you took the GS off-road I'd love to hear it.
(For example, can you pick up a dropped one by yourself at all?)

That, and if you rode a k1600gt to compare it to the boxer-engined one.

>be kid
>think bikers are hella cool
>ask them if it's dangerous
>all say the same thing: only thing that mkes it dangerous are idiots in cars driving carelessly
>become driver
>realize that was bullwhip
>bikers are all reckless idiots
90% of motorcycle accidents are their own fault

True.

People in general are like that though, bikes or cars.

>Two car lengths of empty space
>start speeding up to close it because you are under the impression you will arrive at your destination sooner as you are clearly racing and can not make up time later
>someone in another car makes a legal lane change after signaling for five seconds, but refusing to acknowledge that the angry econobox was about to its top speed of 80mph
>have to brake to not hit them
>FUCKER CUT ME OFF! HOOOOONK GET OFF THE ROAD DUMBASS!

i like my gsxs

I like eveything about this bike except those spiderfangs at the headlight.

didnt take the GS offroad, as I had no experience for that at all and wouldnt want to drop it (I agreed to 3000 $ just-in-case payment if i crash the bike).
the GS was on centerstand when i got it, and desu i had a little trouble getting it off of it. took me 5 or 6 tries, before it came down. i guess just because it was so high up and i couldnt mount up any power as i was sitting on top of it. i guess picking 240kg up shouldnt be too much of a deal with the right technique (some tips for that also on youtube).

and yes, i agree the K1600 with the inline 6 engine would ride smoother

160hp seems cool, but I don`t trust (((Italians))) to build bikes. I'm in third world South Africa, I've honestly only even see one Ducati ever. A Diavel that was bought as a first bike for a another man I knew. Funnily enough is crashed it, but he rekt on a track and not the road. Conventional wisdom here holds that;

Harleys can only be safely ridden two days a week, Saturday and Sunday. The rest of the time they are fucked and need fixing.

BMWs require bank loans for services or parts. Otherwise good bikes.

KTM is unreliable and worse cost as much as BMWs for parts. Fastest bikes in some classes like ADV and Duel Sport.

Ducati and other (((Euro))) bikes are more for rich people. Not a daily bike by any means. I don`t know anyone who has one anymore. I am poor but people I know are not. The have the same problems as BWM and KTM. Only licensed dealer mechanics will work on them. Sort of like owning a Ferrari, it`s something you do because you can.

Big Four Nipon bikes, every ones favorites by far. We don`t have nigga Busa memes here, so whiteys can own and ride them without hassles.

Scooters are for women and extremely poor students. Chinese and Korean bikes are for young people and less poor students.

I don`t agree.
I can agree with this.

Could be worse.

how fast did you ride it yet?

speedo said 150 but gearing tops it out at 140 I believe

Rather buy a Benelli shotgun and get a Japo bike.

can you imagine cleaning that thing

>hit it with a pressure washer
>keep focusing on the headlight assembly until it gets blown off
>bike status: clean

I really want to punch the guy that designed this

This is like a fat dude raping a loli

>Indicators on radiator
>rear pegs thin as pencils
>dildo on seat
>Headlights by Sam Fischer

My dad likes his spaceship a lot.
I wanted something sportier while still being comfortable so I got the XR

I've owned Ducs for decades. Only problem I ever had aside from the aforementioned MS was a voltage regulator on a 916. And thats about 30K miles on 3 Ducatis.

KTM? I've got a 690 Duke I have owned since 2008, and it has run without a hitch. Last year the fuel level sensor died, but again... a $15 part and 20 min fix. 14K miles. No problems.

But what do I know... only owned 50 bikes... every Jap company.. Euros... you name it. Don't believe the fucking lies.
Or do what you want, because it ain't my money and I really don't care. I just hate stupid, uninformed opinions. I've owned this shit, ridden this shit, and can vouch for it.

And take your stupid fuck ass ((())) meme shit elsewhere. Talk like a human.

why not throw the africa twin and ktm 11/1290 in there too?

I actually do like this design. It's a very interesting design.

get a used TNT if you want a Benelli

nothing after 2004 or so.

i bet you actually maintain, use quality materials, and dont hammer the everloving piss out of them constantly too.
any bike is an unreliable shit heap if you treat it like shit

>that pic
we're reaching levels of edge that shouldn't be possible

>the Michael Bay robot look
>how contrived!
>Sad!

yeah i know, the design is a fucking mess if you ask me, especially all those steel pipes and the gigantic fans on the side.

whatever some people are fans for some reason.

Are motorized bicycles allowed here

>MAGPUL_designs_a_motorcycle.tar

But user, I like some cruisers

Maybe don't seek personal validation from the most vicious website on the internet...
Because giraffes are extra thirsty.

The 690 seems to be more reliable than a lot of other KTMs though.

I had a ktm 450exc, and never ever ever would I own another KTM. The reliability memes are real, it was at the point where I was scared to ride it because I knew something else would break. Ive owned 7 bikes over 9 years of riding, and by far spent more time and money repairing the ktm than I did the other 6 bikes combined.

It looks better in person, but Im still sad the fz09 copied the alien headlight.

Fuck this alien trend in general.

It's the sole reason I would never ever consider buying them.

yall niggas aint even bikelife baka.....

Rin always looked strange to me. My mind can't comprehend blonde twintails on a tall bombshell body. Blonde twintails are supposed to go on loli.

It's like yamaha is in cahoots with aftermarket light manufactuers.

A good one is like $500, not even mentioning dash clusters if they come out with the light.

u always see japs wearing crop-tops on top of their leathers in old 90s touge run vids
seems powerful
should we bring it back?

At least yammy is nice enough to give people a more "human bean" looking option.

Honestly the fz10 is so expensive compared to the 09 im not sure why people even bother

I approve of this

I ride my dirt bike on trails and up hills instead of doing chimp mating dances on the street soooo

guy who did prudhoe bay on a busa had a writeup on advrider somewhere

Just how small is that bike?

What you drive?
zx14r
How many crashes did you have?
Have you accepted your faith yet?
No