$450k """""super""""" car

>$450k """""super""""" car
>V6

ok

30 years ago. The fastest car in the states was a V6. Its come full circle.

Why do they market it as a top tier supercar when it is just a Ferrari 488 GTB/Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4/McLaren 650 S competitor?

You can see THROUGH it

The USA didn't have a sportscar scene in the 1980s and no one gives a crap about drag/stoplight racers

Because the Ford marketing team is pretty good:
>Market Ford GT as high-end supercar
>In reality, competes with 488/675/Huracan

>Market Mustang as Euro-style M3 competitor
>Just one-ups the last gen Camaro

>Market Focus RS as the next coming of God
>It's a Golf R competitor with worse NVH values.

>Market Raptor as a beastmode Baja monster
>Every single one will become a pavement queen

>Market Ka as the hip urban city car with Ford styling & reliability
>It's a rebadged Fiat

>spend more money on marketing than on making a non-shit car

i hope Ford fucking dies

30 years ago it was because of the malaise era and you had cars like the XJ220 being ultimately better off with a V6. today it's because anti-V8 and high displacement rules trying to cripple any engine that's not politically correct and the only reason it seems like a good choice for Ford now is because their competition in "GTLM" is slower than it was in GT1.

>V6
so was the XJ220. most disappointing at its initial launch, and now one of the greatest.
there's more to life than cylinders.

Nah, the XJ220 is still disappointing. It looks good, but performance is relatively mediocre, it's top speed record short-lived, and it has the engine from a Metro.

Should've had a V12.

i understand all that, but my point was that there's more to what makes a supercar than the cylinders.
it doesn't even necessarily be stupid fast, it's how the whole package is put together, what emotion it might evoke in the driver etc.

doesn't necessarily have to be*

>there's more to life than cylinders.
Yea, like an actual good engine. cylinders aren't the problem its ecoboost's inferiority compared to the Modular series. if the Modular series didn't exist making Ford's best engine "ecoboost" by process of elimination there wouldn't be a problem.

The problem is that the car could've been more powerful and even more fuel efficient and more extreme overall like the Hyper cars. the XJ220 is from an era where it was harder for V8s and V12s to be put into things like that due to emissions. that doesn't exist today so everyone by default can put their best engines in their cars and they do.

i guess it comes down to the marketing of the vehicle, since we're talking about ford.
if it's advertised as a crazy fast, ball-busting widowmaker supercar, then it better be fucking fast.
if it's advertised as a suphosticated, graceful "supercar" and the appropriate care is taken to make sure it's accurate, then i wouldn't care so much about who it beats on a track.

The camero zl1 is the best supercar

The XJ220 was my shit in Gran Turismo 3

Last time I checked the XJ wasn't released in 2017.

reminder GM has never ever beaten Ford at lemans

lol
they won't. they avoided a bailout unlike gm.

supercars can have 6 cylinders