This is the Greatest car ever made

This is the Greatest car ever made

prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5F7RWJ7Sro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not even close.

>Prove me wrong
I'll just go ahead and not take the bait, and put "sage" in the Options field so this doesn't get bumped.

is that a sentra or a versa

>993cc L3 cylinder
>1800lbs
>manual 5 speed
>42-50+ mpg
>only takes 3.5qt of oil
>costs pennies to maintain/repair
>parts widely available
>4door sedan, 3door hatch, 5door hatch and 2 door convertible options
>XFI 3 or 4 cylinder option
>turbo variants
>literally Fisherprice level mechanical knowledge required to work on them
>Suzuki motor
>cheap af to buy used

The best

what car is this

Suzuki swift, Geo Metro, Chevy Metro, Pontiac Firefly

>geo memtro

youtube car mods are done with these often

noticed myself admiring them a lot more lately, don't know why

why do some places say L3 and not I3. Are they retarded?

They're popular for electric conversions and they're surprisingly hard to find.

Sorry but you're wrong.

THE GEO FUCKING METRO IS THE PINNACLE OF HUMAN ENGINEERING AND HUMAN ACHIEVEMENT! NOTHING WE DO AS A SPECIES WILL EVER AMOUNT TO OUR CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT OF OUR BEAUTIFUL GEO METRO. THE JOURNEY INTO SPACE IS LITERALLY NOTHING COMPAIRED TO WHAT WE MADE WITH THIS VEHICLE! THIS IS PROOF THAT JESUS DIDNT DIE IN VAIN AND HOPING TO SAVE US FROM OUR DAMNED SELVES. I HOPE TO GOD WHEN OUR HUMAN RACE ENDS AND THE PLANET IS WIPED THAT ALIENS WILL DISCOVER THE GEO METRO TO PROVE WE WERE ADVANCED BEINGS AND OUR GOD DAMN EXISTENCE MEANT SOMETHING IN THE COSMOS. I PRAISE THE GENIUSES WHO EVEN CONCIEVED THIS AMAZING MACHINE OF PURE LOVE AND BEAUTY AND WOULD HAPPILY SACRIFICE MY SAVINGS AND EVEN MY LIFE TO CONTINUE THE LINE AND PRESERVATION OF THIS CAR. OWNING A GEO METRO WAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE THO IT WAS SHORT. I WOULD GLADLY DO IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

My first car was the Suzuki variant, they are pretty good at what they do. Car journalists have been sucking off Dacia for making cheap, simple cars in recent years and ignoring that Suzuki have been doing it for decades.

Buy them now, by this time next year they will triple in price. They appreciate faster than air cooled 911s. Modern classic, what a time to be alive, and find a low mileage clean Metro.

/thread

I agree, they are tough as nails cars, are easy and cheap to maintain, and get great gas milage.

Mine randomly dies when hot and wont start now.
but going 160 down the highway sure was nice

Anyone know what it could be?
no check engien lights

this perfectly describes the Ford Festiva (aka the Mazda 121). if you ever wanted to learn how to do an engine swap, get a Festiva and a spare B series engine. the B6T's are a popular swap.

>youtube.com/watch?v=q5F7RWJ7Sro

If you want MPG's 1st Gen is far superior.
>muh airbags
>mysafety
>12" wheels cant go over 55mph

If you want comfort and safety and not worried about muh mpg's then 2nd gen in your pic is ideal

Is it carb or EFI? What year?

put some starter fluid in before cranking. if it starts then dies you have a fuel problem.

Might be a number of things from Map sensor to bad ignition coil...

when it ran i disconnected all sensor and it didnt die but once it warmed up it did.
its inject from 98

my neighbor has this thing but it stands at like 20 feet tall.
I could snap a pic of it for you if you'd like

it also died in gear. also it either runs perfect or it wont run at all, no inbetweens and no coughs.
im almost certain its not fuel related

do it

Why do you burgers get so amazed when you see a van ute? There's fucking millions of them, your neighbour probably has a Mazda bongo or something.

Even so, it's better to check then rule it out.

If it isn't a fuel problem then it's electrical. Check for spark. I'd start with the easiest, the ignition coil. move to the map sensor see if its getting power. Run it without the map sensor to see if it solves the problem if it does then you have a bad map sensor. Lastly would be your crank sensor since these can get heat soaked.

I think it's a Versa, but shown at such an angle that you can't tell how repulsive it is

reverse image search reveals it's
[spoiler]2016 Nissan Versa Sedan[/spoiler]

Pro tip: I can't.

These deserve more (You)s.

YES

IT'S FUCKING AMAZING

>Ni-san
Nope

I'm in the process of trading a TV and a ps4 for a rust free running and driving Festiva right now. The problem is it's automatic. I figure a couple weekends with the buds and I could do a b6t with a 5 speed swap in it.

Are there any swaps where I could keep the auto or am I pretty much screwed there?

This or the festiva. Only cars of that time I still see rolling around reliablely.

I wholeheartedly believe the Metro/Swift/whatever is the best economy car to have ever been made

I can't. It truly is the best car of our time.

the metro should be brought back

> high gas prices
> car and truck prices are out fucking rageous
> global warming is making it harder and harder to ride motorcycle

METRO WE NEED YOU
YOU'RE LIKE THE JESUS OF CARS, WAITING FOR YOUR RETURN

T H I S
H
I
S

>high gas prices

uhhh

i doubt its fuel related. i saw it still spraying fuel while it died.
i havent tried disconnecting the map sensor but when it dies again i try pull that one.

im selling mine anyways because it has too many small flaws in the exterior and i want to get the subaru 4x4 one

Why this has so few (you)'s? I kek'd

>4 door sedan
So three passenger doors and 1 hatch?

Nice opel kadett

Won't happen because mah safety features.

Is this a meme or not, I'm genuinely attracted to the simplicity of these things and could buy a running festiva for 400$ right now. Is it worth it?

buying anything running is worth $400

dude here
i went for a ride and it ran perfect. now it idles at 1500 rpm.
disconnecting the map sensor made it idle like crap but not stall.

even cheap cars from the 90s can get fucked by sensor.
its best to buy a computer free car from the 50s

Shitboxes are loved by Veeky Forums. We like to say they have character. We beat them to hell, and they somehow still go another 50k miles. When brand new with 4 miles on the odometer, we smugly donned these vehicles "econoboxes". But they matured, such as a fine wine does. They surived to 300k miles with minimal repairs. Just like a soldier earns the Purple Heart, our "econoboxes" earned their reputation as the "shitbox". There are a few cars that will always be known as great little shitboxes: the Toyota Corolla, our beloved Twingo, and America's frontrunner, The Geo Metro.

The Geo Metro was conceived much the same way I was: during a 4am cocaine fueled grope session in the back seat of an AMC Gremlin.

The year was 1987. A few Detroit executives who were down on their luck decided that we need a car designed for real human beans. A car that would love its 8th owner more than its original buyer. A car that had seen 3 oil changes its first 100k miles, but now is pampered by synthetic blend every 2,999 miles. Sunroof? Fuck that! 4 cylinders? Nope! We want 4 wheels, 3 cylinders, 2 doors, and one goddamn good car.

Thus the 1989 Geo Metro was born. It reigned supreme for decades, much like a dictator in Asia. Jay Leno owns 7 Geo Metros in case you forgot. The Geo Metro is the only car to win at Monza, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, and Talladega. Ford and Chrysler appealed to the US government in 1990, saying that production of the Geo Metro created an unfair advantage for GM. Unfortunately for Ford and Chrysler, 98% of the members of Congress drove Geo Metros and loved them to death. The Geo Metro placed 4th in the 1992 Presidential election behind Ross Perot.

Some say the Chevrolet Aveo was the successor to the Geo Metro, but I refuse to believe. Nothing can ever succed over the Geo Metro when it comes to its main purpose: being a spectacular shitbox.

Fuel pump and or relay?

ahem

>computer free car from the 50s

Swifts came out computer free in other countries.

maybe the older models but the current one i dont think so

I legit wanna buy this. Why the f*ck would you need a passenger seat anyway? LONELY DRIVERS!!

Fuck I though the title was bantz but It's really called the "midget" kek

wtf is it?

How hard would it be to remove the electronics on the car and put on a carb?

You will need a stand alone ignition system too.

You don't wanna go by without electronic ignition.

the distributor cap is already there.

underage get out

Not worth the hassle tbqh

Trackers were better