Why does no one talk about this when it comes to cheap hot hatch recommendations...

Why does no one talk about this when it comes to cheap hot hatch recommendations? From what I've seen it's far more powerful on paper than the equivalent GTI or Si and it's far better value than a WRX or Evo. Is it just because it's Dodge?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1Zw0eUCl2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a piece of shit. It's a very fast piece of shit, but a piece of shit. If you want performance and don't care about the "quality" in any sense of the word, an SRT4 was faster than any of its competitors at the time. The Cobalt SS Turbo is the same way: garbage, but one of the fastest FWD cars you can buy with *very* tough engine block.

Taking a wild guess here, but I'd go ahead and assume it's not recommended because it's not a fucking hatch?

probably because its not a hatch

Gee op, I don't know why people don't bring it up when talking about fucking hatchbacks.

>has a hatch in the back
>is not a hatchback
?????????????

in what world is this a hatchback

hatch not found
stop being a faggot

This is called a trunk, you autistically impaired faggot

im so glad i see less and less of these and cavaliers/cobalts on the road every day.

Had a friend that was autistic over his srt4 to the point where I will never consider owning one

I think all Neon owners are autistic. I mean, look at the one Regular reviewed.
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Zw0eUCl2g
It's got a goddamn pony figurine hanging on the mirror. If that isn't the mark of an autist, I don't know what is.

OP is literally retarded. It's not a hatch. It's also a cheap and massive POS car.

Thanks for the (you)s guys

>I was just pretending to be retarded

never seen one for sale that didn't look beat to death

sounds about right

t. srt4 owner

Loved my skittle, stone white ftw

From what I've seen and experienced,
yes, they are fast as fuck, but when they break it's going to make more sense to scrap it than to pour money into fixing i.

>hot hatch
>small 4 door non hatch

good question

The real retard is the one obviously responding to b8. Aka (you).

Because the sport compact world grew up and the camaro came back to keep pony cars on top as cheap speed.

If the f-body stayed until 06/07 and forced ford to keep the mustang competitive during the mid-00s then there would have been even less market space for shitbox level sport compacts who only boast hp/$.

why do americans call this car a piece of shit is beyond me. I own a 00 automatic 2.0 chrysler neon le, it is very comfy and spacious. all the electronics still work, and the trim is a lot more luxurious than the audi a4/bmw 3/merc c class from that age. The repair costs a lot cheaper and the condition is much better. Also the autobox shifts smooth as butter.

>the "FCA doesn't make reliable cars" meme is still in effect

they actually do, but it doesn't even matter if they didn't because they have a really cheap lifetime warranty that covers almost everything, so....

Good thread

>17428218
lmao look at this faggot having a meltdown

no you for you

I agree. I am this user. Litrally no vw or audi or mercedes from those times are still runing so problem free like my neon or my friend fathers 1995 voyager.

i generally like certain FCA cars and I agree that on the whole their autotrannies shift smooth but they also, in general, do not last

Veeky Forums hates dodge. They also hate any non Japanese economy cars. Thus why we have the 3k civic meme when you can get a $1500 neon to last almost as long

wll my car still has original engine and transmission, it's a late '00. Most bmw and mercedes from that age already have had repairs in those departments.
As I mentioned previously as well all the electronics are still functioning.
and the parts are cheap af despite car being quite rare in eu nowadays. the most expensive part is the engine belt with all the pumps- ~150 euro plus labor. I bought mine for 600 euro

this is the 600 euro original milage is 105k miles.

some of this may come from a lot of Veeky Forums users living in big U.S cities, because if you're in the city Chryslers are everywhere. Those buy here pay here places will sign over a 200 or 300 with RIMZ to nigs all day long.

They sell themselves. I've watched dealers like that sell one with 24s on it, go to a police auction 6 months after they sell it, and they buy the same car again, then repeat the whole thing. infinite hood money

what do you mean?
Do you mean it's the ''ghetto car'' like older mercedes/bmw/audi in europe- as in it is only driven by poorfucks trying to pretend they are rich and gangster while not having the money to do the maintenance?
Thats the reason why I bought the chrysler- there is literally no german car of this age in this condition.

They don't talk about them because it BTFO their 30 year old shit nip boxes.

I mean not even that, I got the car in east-north europe for 600 euro with such a milage, all the electronics working. a fucking 2000 audi a4 with manual windows and no ac costs three times as much, has bigger milage, rides not so smoothly and is in worse condition. I really got redpilled on cars with this purchase.

Mopar guy here. Veeky Forums will never ever acknowledge how great rams and turbododges are which suits me just fine. For some reason jeeps get a buy.

I guess it suits us because we cant those cars cheap, even in europe, because nobody appreciated them, and the condition is usually very decent because retards don't buy it because of the brand.