FR-S/BRZ

>FR-S/BRZ
>sexy silhouette
>anemic engine

>Fiesta ST & Focus ST
>minivan bodies
>potent engines

Why the hell don't US manufacturers make a car that actually looks good that doesn't have a V8?
And don't say the Mustang Ecoboost, no one wants a 4 cylinder Mustang.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RPwdJ42Vkig
sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/6185698208.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel exactly the same way, probably just going to cave and buy a v8 car though. Or maybe an ND miata if I can get one cheap enough.

Just get a brz and put a v8 in it? Problem solved.
/thread

Designing a car reflects a man's idea of a woman. In this case it is Japanese women vs American women.

Timeless and timid vs chunky and raunchy.

FFR 818

the fiesta st has pretty much the same hp as the brz

How did you come to that conclusion? Sounds like baseless weeaboo bullshit to me.

Perfect car imo

It does, it just FEELS faster because it has way more torque. The Fiesta ST just sort feels like it runs out of power after a certain RPM whereas the FR-S hits it's stride.

Hell, the Focus ST and the FR-S have almost the same 0-60 speed - 6.2 seconds vs. 6.3. The Fiesta ST's 0-60 is significantly slower.

Looks dont matter.
Millions of dollars of r&d say v8 performs and sells.
Looks do matter v6 models are available.

What is this atrocious mess here

Panel gaps sexy like thigh gaps

Kit car with fibreglass panels. That was one of the first kits with the new front end made.

>frs/BRZ engine
>anemic
>205hp

>fiesta st engine
>potent
>197hp

>BRZ 2.0L
>FiST 1.6L

The only reason the fiesta and focus have "potent" engines is because of the turbo.

BRZ doesn't have a fucking turbo which is weird because its about as expensive as a WRX that actually has a turbo

>NA vs turbo

American automakers make their 4 and 6 cyls disappointing on purpose to make you feel like an idiot for not buying the V8. Can't cannibalize the sales of your other products by making one "too good"

BRZ
>slower in all measurable aspects
>missing a turbo and the 50 ponies that accompany it
>only 2 usable seats
>hard and expensive to add significant power due to engine being strung out from the factory
>doesn't even look that good

WRX
>faster
>satisfying power
>can easily and cheaply add more power due to turbo sorcery
>seats 4 reasonably well
>looks like a corolla to help you blend in with the normies

Both of these, for the same price. Only a cuck would choose the Brz

I guess its only worth it to buy one used and put something more potent in it but even then what a waste of money that could be potentially. Buy one a few years old used for like 15k, put a turbo and a tune on it akin to the WRX which is just a twin scroller IIRC at 13psi and you've got a RWD WRX effectively. Would be neat but a whole lot of work and shit.

>And don't say the Mustang Ecoboost, no one wants a 4 cylinder Mustang.
Because morons say shit like this and don't buy the car because of some weird attachment to old models and "things must never change!!!"

No its because its a 4cyl turbo that weighs a fucking thousand pounds more than a 4cyl turbo should. Thats why the non v8 mustang is shit.

Yeah. That's why America made the BR-Z so wea... oh, wait.

>muh pigfat mememememememememe
Performance numbers are all that matter.

>>looks like a corolla to help you blend in with the normies

i don't normally get involved in the "busriders vs the 86" threads but...what? Which WRX are you talking about? Or do american Corollas have enormous wings and hood scoops?

Fiesta ST has 180bhp fyi, it just has an "overboost" feature that gives you as-near-as-matters 200bhp for about 10 seconds.

Mountune can map them up to 230bhp on the standard turbo and 265bhp with a new turbo on the standard internals.

Also i genuinly don't think the FRSBRZ86 works in america, it's far more suited to european roads instead of endless straight line highways.

>FRSBRZ86 more suited for Europe

Too bad Amerifats buy ten times as many toyobaru meme mobiles as faggot europoors who are in fact the worlds #1 bus riders.

Fiesta st has 35% more torque and weighs less.

>tfw they could have put a 1.6 turbo flat 4 in the 86 for in more ae86 cred and turbo surge may mays

Nice input bro, here's your (you)

also
>too bad
for who? americans keep buying underpowered cars and complaining they're slow on their 8 lane highways and this is too bad for everyone else?

>Americans thirst for fun cars
>buy brzfrs86 despite their short comings

>Europeans thirst for Muslim cock
>spend their money on taxes to support Muhammad and his 13 children instead of buying fun cars

/pol/tard virgin go and stay go

You're kiddding, right?

anyone know how much it costs to have this built by a shop (including donor car & kit)?

i'm a wage slave that doesn't have any free time, but I do have some money to burn

>anemic engine
This meme has to come to an end already. If you need a vee-ayte, get a vee-ayte. If you want FI, get FI. If you don't want to rev past the 5k RPM mark to have useable power, don't get an 86. I don't barge into a salad forum and tell them how shit their food is just because I prefer meat.

>In America

America is fucking huge you retard. Such a stupid statement like that is absolutely trite

This is true. They are gluttons for punishment. At what point do they cease being men and start being used by their new master as "just for fun?"

Money

>German
>almost never see real life non-whites, except for the occasional 3rd generation Turk
>drive 86 as student, only working between semesters
It's a pretty good life actually.

>sexy
are you gay?

>caring about looks to the same degree as performance

Come back when you're more autismo

fuck me you're right i take it back.

why did subaru do this?

More like pretty but empty, which actually lines up rather well with your theory.

>believing everything you read on /pol/
and yet EUROPE, an entire fucking continent/region/group of countries/whatever is apparently all the same as east London.

>we live in the timeline where a corolla is more aggro than a rex

wrx looks like extreme rice if you take a step back from it. The huge scoop is laughable on the street for one.

The brz does look better, at least on an average of taste, which is why it is sold for an equivalent price. These things don't just happen, you must surely realize. The world is wider than your own opinions.

>wrx
>looks like a normal car
kek, the bonnet scoop and enormous wing beg to differ

At least the hood scoop is actually functional. Give some credit to Subaru for that. Cannot speak for the wing tho...

They have always looked like Toyota econoboxes with scoops, ffs.

>Both of these at the same price
Err..how old are you? And have you ever bought a new car before?

There's a 10K difference in price give or take a couple of grand

>what is torque
>what is powerband
>what is area-under-curve

>And don't say the Mustang Ecoboost,
>Don't point out that I invalidated my own argument immediately.

Yeah, man. I'm not knocking it because it 'is' silly, I'm just pointing out that of the two, it's the one that 'looks' silly. Again, on an average of taste (re:normies).

Between the sti and the brz. Wrx standard google has the msrp at 26k.

>DUDE HOW OLD R U
>HAVE U EVEN BOOT KAR
>10K MORE DOOOOOOOOD

Hey BRZ/FRS fags, I'm looking for a car that I can beat the shit out of for 4 years in college with no attention paid to refinement, just fun and hektik skids. Should I buy a rebuilt title FRS/BRZ for super cheap, sell the motor and swap in a V8? What kinds of V8 work well in the swap? Will I have to beef up the transmission to handle ~350 HP/TQ while still maintaining easy daily driver clutch weight? Can I make something like this work great without losing my my ass via wallet rape?

Has anyone on Veeky Forums done this?

youtube.com/watch?v=RPwdJ42Vkig

rebuilt title frs/brz will cost at last $12k, and a v8 swap will probably cost twice that

just get an old mustang and upgrade the chassis/suspension if you want a well handling v8 car

I don't really give a shit about handling either. I just want a big comfy highway missile, like an old muscle car. I had a Crown Vic for a while and loved it but it was too underpowered. There's a dream for one with a manual swap and a 5.4 Triton V8, many have been done, but it would be damn expensive.

By old mustang, you mean a 60s one, right? There are a bunch on my craigslist, some with slant sixes. I'd have to buy one and make sure it's not completely fucked and then see what I can get done to it by my mechanic shop. They had a big 60s chevy truck lifted up on 40 inch tires with an 8.1L Vortec V8 out of a suburban swapped in, pretty ridiculous setup. Runs great though.

>slant six
Only mopars had those, since it was mostly a marketing term. Just an i6 mounted at an angle to allow for lower hoods.

Woops, didn't realize I said slant six. I've been watching Roadkill and Steve Dulcich's Valiant Dusters have been in my head for a while.

Way too much. It's a 200+ hour build to have the bodywork nice. Dedicate 6 hours each Friday and Saturday night and you'll have it done in less than 8 months.

>Fiesta ST
>Potent
It's a little slower than a stock FR-S

get a catfish camaro or trans am or GTO

example: sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/6185698208.html

400hp /w 6 speed for $13k isn't bad

>Why the hell don't US manufacturers make a car that actually looks good that doesn't have a V8?
They did.
Then it got canned.

>no one wants a 4 cylinder
Fixed for you, friend.

BRZ
>RWD
>actually looks good (subjective)
>2 liter engine to help with euro taxes (same in nipon land)
>fairly decent power considering it's an N/A 2l engine
>fun, fairly affordable RWD coupe

WRX
>AWD
>doesn't look as good (subjective)
>over 2l engine, at this point I'm better off buying a BMW or literally anything else with both more power and better looks and driving capabilities

it's hard to argue with americans over this, but the toyobaru literally is a good car for europe, japan and other such places. Americans simply have too much diversity in the car market with a lot of powerful cars, V8s and all that shit, along with long ass straight roads.
It's good that they tried selling the toyobaru in the US, but it's simply not the car for americans.

American standards
>200hp is absolute shittier
>RWD is easily attainable and with significantly more power (unlike in europe for example where you get raped by taxes)
>the unusable rear seats in the toyobaru already make an otherwise worthless car for the grocery-shopper into an even bigger piece of shit
>americans literally only care about straight line speed because of their infrastructure
>americans would literally pick a fucking minivan over a toyobaru because it goes faster 0-60

>I don't barge into a salad forum and tell them how shit their food is just because I prefer meat.
made me kek

>the toyobaru literally is a good car for europe
Too bad it starts at 50k eurobucks in some countries.

yeah I heard about this bullshit too, specifically, some user from the netherlands once posted in a thread and said that because of the retarded tax system they have there, the toyobaru goes up to like 80k or more even, it's ridiculous.
good thing around here you get it at normal price of 25-26k

Yup, cars are taxed per gram of CO2, and the amount they charge basically goes up exponentially the higher the CO2 figure.
So tiny 3-cylinder shitboxes cost the same as everywhere else because they fall into the lowest CO2 bracket, but everything above that gets real expensive real quick.
Sports cars especially get hit hard by this, so they're stupidly expensive. See: 50k Toyobaru, 30k 1.5l ND MX-5, 40k 2.0l MX-5 and 120k Mustang GT.

how do i make my minivan more aggressive looking

how much for tuneup?

>What is torque

>specific output meme

Then fucking do something about it you dumb yurocuck

If i wanted 4 doors i would get a Jeep.

They're at the £10k-£13k mark second hand in the UK now. Thirteen-ish grand for a RWD manual coupe with a large aftermarket/possible dealer warranty depending on what route you go down and 4 seats to fuck with the insurance jews is a good deal imo. I imagine throwing on around the lake district or the evo triangle is a fucking riot, quite frankly.

New they're still about £25-£29 thousand i think, which is too much. Junior sales reps get them on lease, get bored with losing drag races to their mates Golf GTD and sell them on cheap. Result!

THIS

Everyone ITT is a fucking faggot none of you will report me.

tested my brz against a gtd, i was much faster

So much wrong with this post.

holy fuck that's retarded

being cucked hard by the climate change jew

>get BRZ
>get Focus RS
>take Focus engine, put it in BRZ

profit

how much for tune up?

American and I like the BRZ, checkmate.

If you want a fast car why would you get a sedan? It makes no sense.

Because door count means almost nothing in terms of speed....?

The extra weight and length does.

>mustang Ecoboost
lol i forgot about this

Like I said, almost nothing. You buy a WRX because you want a fast sedan. Of course there's better choices if you don't want a sedan.

A turbo, manual, AWD sedan brand new under 30k? There aren't many if any other vehicles with all that

God that Ls3 sounds like shit, it keeps bumping in the idle.

All that backfiring just means a shitty tune

What in the everloving fuck did he do to his exhaust? Why is it screeching constantly too? That's not how an LS3 should sound.

Because he has a shit tune that causes it to backfire all the time. The LS3 sounds like shit probably because of the shit tune too.

A car like that should not be backfiring like that all the time