Fram

Why is it that everyone who is into cars has been conditioned to hate Fram filters?

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually filtering the oil with computer paper, what sort of proof do people have that these are shit?

It's so poorly made the damn threads got stuck in the block and I had to poke a screwdriver through the filter to get it out.

but this can also happen on a quality filter if it was installed too tight.

True but I'm always careful not to over tighten plus that's the only filter i've ever had do that. My go to filters are the NAPA premium or wix because they're basically the same.

I buy Champs because it makes me feel like a winner.

OP starts off with a lie.

You just keep on attacking and attacking month after month year after year with your strange fixation.

What oil filter is best? Should I fall for royal purple meme?

Because they get shit on so much that I'd rather just spend a marginally greater amount of money and get a Mobil1 filter and not worry about it.

Pic related
Wix.

so anything except fram will block your oil flow

It's like none of you have ever been to an exotic car meet or show before. Nearly every Lamborghini or Ferrari will have a Fram filter, I guarantee it.

>more pleats
>plastic drain-back valve
>cardboard end cap
These things sound scary but fram filters do not just make your engine grenade itself. A filter is a disposable part and not even a high performance item.

I always use Purolator because it's like $5, never had a problem. If you replace the filter every time you change the oil, and change the oil when you're supposed to, it won't be on the car long enough for its supposed quality to affect anything.

I used to fall for the k&n meme for the nut on the filter but now I've fallen for the Bosch meme did I fuck up?

I ran Bosch high mile or whatever on my 2002 Impala with the 3.4 for the entire time I owned it, got the car with 63,543 miles, drove it until 251,039 when the trans began acting up.

>Valvoline 5w10 non-synthetic
>Bosch filters

Fucking motor ran great it's entire life, trans ended up crapping out and I scrapped the car rather than dealing with replacing/rebuilding the trans.

>still running Bosch on other vehicles

>they have cardboard bottoms so they flex and dont tear!!!!
>this is somehow better because that would be relevant for a fucking oil filter

>fram filters do not just make your engine grenade itself
yeah no one said that you stupid fuckwit

My Kia requires me to go buy kia oil filters from the Dealership to maintain warranty.

but I dont mind because they are surprisinly extremely good filters.

I use no-name oilfilters because I get the oil changed every 5K...

lol what shitbucket do you drive

i change mahle or original toyota filters every 4-5k, depends on what i see on the dipstick

I fell for the german filter meme.
Have used them on lots of cars and trucks, and no problems so far.

But then, I gotta say I have never heard of an oil filter causing damage to an engine.

Its not about blocking the oil, from let's dirty oil through the filter because of shitty, leaking bypass valve and cardboard endcaps.
That cardboard loses all integrity once its soaked in oil, which happens 2 minutes after its installed.
>Filter
>Research
>And
>MARKETING
Think about all those commercials that inundate consumers.

And you could run with a wire mesh over your throttle body instead of an air filter but you don't do that, do you?