What is really so bad about ricing out a car? If it looks cool, what's wrong with that...

What is really so bad about ricing out a car? If it looks cool, what's wrong with that? You pick out clothes that you think look cool daily, you do things that you think will make people like you mostly throughout the day, why can't anyone make their car look nice, even if it isn't all that powerful? Maybe I don't want to put thousands and thousands into power. maybe I just want my car to looks sweet.

If I put deodorant on a piece of poo and put it in a nice box does that make it anything more than a piece of shit?

They don't look cool at all though. They look childish and spastic.

yes, it makes it a well presented, nice smelling piece of poo.

but why do you say they don't look cool? You'd rather just have a car that looks like every other one on the lot? why is customizing one less cool than what literally everyone elses looks like

Because nobody likes attention whores except other attention whores.

imho it all boils down to bad taste really
you can have a drivable, affordable, dependable, nice to look at, and somehow unique car that's not a wobbly pile of gaudy plastic shit stuck together
it's not even demanding more effort
just a little education, which leads to better taste

Attention whores don't like each other.

I wear what I wear for comfort and utility, and guess what, carpenter jeans and t-shirts don't look cool.
I do things that I think are cool because I like doing them, which actually turn out to be uncool to most of the public. Fuck if I care.
I refuse to look cool, I AM COOL, even if no one around appreciates it. And that's why my car mods don't attract attention on my car, because they're subtle and purposeful.

Because 99/100 cars with visual mods look like complete ass. Overly gaudy, mismatched panels, etc.

People say my car is riced and i dont understand. I dont think its bad at all. Thoughts?

lift it a few inches and put on steel wheels + offroad tires

300zx rally car. That would be cool ngl

It's like being a real fat guy who wears athletic clothes all the time.

I think it looks very clean and tasteful. People talk shit out of jealously most likely.

I still like ricing and i will always do, but i will mod my vehicle to back up said ricing.

It's just a fad to hate on it, since ricing has largely died out, the new thing is to hate on stanced vehicles, RocketBunny bodykits and Subaru drivers.

yeah that looks fucking awful

ugly kit
bad wheel gap
ugly wheels
fart cannons

Jesus Christ that bodykit and those wheels are hideous. It's like it has cancer growths.

i kind of miss early 2000s ricers. i dont see them very often anymore.

Cars in the 95-05 range were so ugly that ricing was an improvement, especially what was riced.

What would you consider to be exceptions to that?
Cars that didn't look bad in stock form?

Acura NSX
Toyota Supra
Nissan Silvia S15
Nissan Skyline R34
Honda S2000
That's a few that were ok out of the box from the top of my head.

My big hang up is when they destroy OEM parts in favor of cheap bolt-ons or shoddy craftsmanship.

When I see someone take a pair of scissors to an airbox in an otherwise stock GSR or 240SX or MR2 or something it makes me think they don't give a fuck about the car at all.

Some of the hot hatches from the period were nice looking when they moved from boxes to rounder forms but before they became shapeless blobs. But ricers are poorfags so new cars were rarely riced.

Like the S13? Stock suspension on it made it look like it was on stilts.
At least it did for the Murica version

those cars stock arent worth anything

theyre old shitboxes made to be modified

at least these ricers have fun. here i sit with my stock cars and no friends

I've been offered over $4k for a stock '91 S13.
Though it's a hell of a lot cleaner than that one

>arent worth anything

Thats so insane I want you to apologize. They are WORTH a hell of a lot to people who want to shit all over them with bolt-ons and make it a "drift" car. Sure, they aren't high performance machines when stock, but they are worth a lot. Just think how much you could net for a bone stock AE86. Think of the sheer amount that idiots would pay just to slap a fujiwara tofu shop livery on it.

yeah and they only wanted it to make it not stock

they arent worth shit stock

and I usually see them around 2500 when stock

AE86s are meme cars and have been overpriced before Initial D was even popular

>they arent worth shit stock
>offered over $4k for a stock one

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
Hell, the blue book value has done nothing but go up since I bought it for $800

Check ebay.
10K for a convertible
6K for a hatch
Lowest is 3K for an automatic

Stock & shitty or stick & auto = low price. Stock and clean and the price jumps.

not my fault youre a dumb nigger and thinks Im talking about monetary value

monetary value is meaningless

yeah cherry pick the most expensive place to get a car lmao

just because retards are trying to take advantage of the popularity of the car by putting a high $ doesnt mean shit

meanwhile my CL is

$2k for a mostly stock manual coupe
$3.5k for a bone stock manual convert
then theres a whole slew of swapped ones for more

>monetary value is meaningless

If someone offers $4k for an item, then that item is worth at least $4k from the buyer's perspective.

someone can offer as much money as they want for anything

its meaningless

as a car they arent worth a shit when left stock

Wow. You're an idiot.
You should head back to /b/
I'm going back to /k/

you should probably stay in /k/

I will stay on my homeboard right here

>clean and tasteful
>people are jealous

Please be bait

I'd say it's a ricer for having a bad body kit and those wheel don't fit.

Same car? I remember showing it to my friend with a 300zx so we could criticize it

>everyone has my taste in vehicular aesthetics

You're still completely retarded and don't understand the simplest of economics when it comes to automobiles.
I'm willing to bet you don't understand economics in general.

youre still retarded since I never said it was about monetary value

goddamn autist came back from /k/ after 2 hours to say some shit that goes nowhere

>fucked up third break light
>nigger wheels
>fucboi side skirts and rear
>rice hxhaust
>xbox huge front garbage bumper

Who needs rice when they have tofu?

It's the automotive equivalent of wearing flame teeshirts, having blonde tipped spiky hair and listening to The Offspring.

99% of the time it looks tacky and dated, is a good example.

Because cool=/=function

An STI looks nice, yes, but the functionality is where it is different than other cars that look nice

Were you born this stupid?
Or did you have to work to get there?

I sincerely hope this is samefaggotry

body kits/ bumpers typically look pretty meh at best. Not always the case but they're prone to heavy criticism

Sounds like a one way ticket to Flavortown

Congratulations, you ruined a nice looking car

They actually have legit moose poop festivals. People sell all sorts of decorative poop creations.