Stupid traffic laws

>Decide to kill self
>go to the highway/autobahn during the night
>lie down on the road waiting for a car to pass
>car passes and kills you
>car driver gets convicted of Negligent homicide

This just happened in Switzerland. Basically the guy will end up in jail and paying a fine without having done anything wrong since he was put in that situation by the woman committing suicide.

Laws in Switzerland basically say "the car is the stronger vehicle and therefore is always in the wrong". A better example would be if a guy on a parachute landed right in front of you and hit him, you would have to pay for compensation since you are the "stronger" vehicle and are always at fault.

What does Veeky Forums think?

Pic related, the car of the guy that ran over the woman committing suicide.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aj_zzthr0oc?t=37s
youtube.com/watch?v=WkQivc5Nt-A
blick.ch/news/schweiz/bern/auf-der-a6-bei-kappelen-be-fussgaengerin-22-auf-autobahn-ueberfahren-id5007891.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As if you couldn't see a person lying on the ground, it's in the drivers responsibility to be aware of his surroundings, imagine that person lying on the ground actually passed out or something.

I'm not defending the guy and his (stupid) choice of ending his life this way instead of jumping off the nearest bridge / high rise but the driver has actually commited manslaughter by being unable to respond.

How do you not see someone laying on an open freeway with your headlights on.

Highways are multiple lanes, just go around them.

what happens if a car is in autopilot? then the car is at fault not the driver?

Then you should be arrested for buying into the electric jew

This is why civil law systems are shit. There is room in a common law system to drop the changes because of the circumstances.

Even with automated selfdriving cars you as the driver are still responsable for anything the motorvehicle does and have to ready to react if something goes wrong.

>it's night
>driving at 100-120kmh
>actually being able to stop the car when you suddenly see something in front of you in the darkness.

Have you ever driven in a freeway? At least in my country most of them don't have any sort of illumination.

It's hard to see shit.

>What is driving too fast for conditions?
>Over driving your headlamps.

that's a nice picture and all but where's the dead body?
Also I think it's 50/50 he should have seen her and moved, but at the same time she went out and did it on purpose. If your court system is actually """fair""" then he could probably get the sentence reduced or thrown out

you don't need to stop, just slow down a bit if you see something sketchy at the distance and change lanes.

Did you never had to dodge potholes, dead dogs or other animals on the highway?

Headlights exist for a reason

>being able to stop the car

Check it out, cars have this wonderful invention that allows you to go around obstacles and corners.

Fun fact:

When filming the famous 007 woman in the road swerve around her and roll the car stunt, the stuntmen couldn't get the car to roll no matter how hard they swerved.

Even with a ramp in the road it didn't roll.

Eventually they fitted a cannon to the underside of the car to get it to roll.

youtu.be/aj_zzthr0oc?t=37s

youtube.com/watch?v=WkQivc5Nt-A

you remind me of this guy

thank god we don't follow that law to the letter anymore in germany

>what happens if a car is in autopilot?
The car companies have successfully argued that the car owner is responsible for the software failure. That is how it is currently in the USA with regards to autopilot and auto-driving software.

Tough to say without seeing the actual stretch of road. You could be changing out CDs or something and cover quite a bit of road at that speed.

Didn't they set a new world record for rolls then?

Uhhh wut is target fixation you tards.

>Did you never had to dodge potholes, dead dogs or other animals on the highway?
They are fenced. So no animals. And there are no potholes.

Normal rural roads can have those thigns (except potholes) but they are restricted to much mlower speeds

One of my childhood pets, we acquired when my mom picked it up off a highway. Someone had tossed a bag full of kittens in the middle of the road, not like an interstate but a local highway, still people regularly went 65 or 70. My mom saw it, avoided it, and then went back to see what it was because it was lumpy and moving. Then came home with kittens.

Point is, my mom saw a shopping bag in the road, recognized there was something alive inside, and avoided it at highway speed. And this fucknut couldn't see a whole PERSON lying in the road in time to avoid them?

I think "negligent homicide" seems appropriate whether or not the victim wanted to be there. What if it was somebody who fell out of another vehicle and was too injured to crawl to the side, and DIDN'T want to die? Then do you think the sentence would be appropriate? That "what if" is the reason for the sentence. You can't know what the person lying in the road's motivation was until you find a suicide note or something after the fact, so you shouldn't fucking run them over.

Turn on your lights you fucking retard.

You guys are a bunch of fucking cucks.

Imagine you're traveling along at night doing 60-70mph. You've been driving a while and you're kinda tired. Not nodding off but you're listening to music and zoning out. Suddenly you see what looks to be some sort of creature in the road and boom, next thing you know you've ran it over. Please tell me how exactly the driver was supposed to not hit this stupid bitch?

All legal vehicles on the road have lights and reflective materials on them that help your headlamps illuminate them. With those you can easily spot them at night. People and animals don't have these same things. You cannot see them as easily as you would be able to spot another vehicle. Now add that to the fact that the suicidal retard was laying down and probably motionless. From the time that the drivers eyes were able to spot her to the time he ran her over was probably less than a second. When you're in the zone and driving along at night that is the last thing you expect to come across.

How in the actual fuck can any of you argue that the driver should have any responsibility for this? Jesus christ you guys are pathetic.

blick.ch/news/schweiz/bern/auf-der-a6-bei-kappelen-be-fussgaengerin-22-auf-autobahn-ueberfahren-id5007891.html

It doesn't say anything about the driver being charged in the article. Or is this just what you're saying is going to happen?

This. I guess cars in fucking Switzerland don't need tail lights any more since everyone is 100% responsible for anything they hit on the road for any reason. I wonder what the law says about me dropping cinder blocks off overpasses. Should have avoided it, Man. Your car is much stronger so it's your responsibility.

Can't wait for the refugees to start pushing each other out of moving cars in front of random motorists then suing for bereavement.

driving while you're tired is negligent driving

Boy racers on the Veeky Forums think they are the best drivers in the world. But in reality they are completely fucking delusional. The woman was laying on the ground in the dark in the middle of a highway, where people are not supposed to be. Also if you look at the picture you can see that the accident happened at a curve in the road so it not like he could see her from a distance. Most Veeky Forums users if driving would hit the bitch but of course they will deny this.

this if your not in perfect mental state you should be jailed for neglagent driveing

>your not perfect

Back in the 90s not long after I was born my uncle was driving his fairly new FD on the open road at night. The speed limit is 100, and that's what he was doing

A woman had broken up with her boyfriend on the side of the road, got upset, ran out in the road and got clipped by a truck. She was lying motionless but alive in the middle of the road past a corner.

My uncle hit her at about 80km/h and killed her instantly, damaging his car in the process. Insurance refused to pay but he wasn't charged because it wasn't his fault.

In the case of , if the person survived I would consider them lucky. It is not a legal requirement as a driver to be able to identify a person lying on a dark road at night. If one was to do so I would consider it a miracle for the victim.

I always wondered how the managed to flip a modern GT car

Meant for

If you've never seen those cannons that install under cars to flip 'em you should check it out. Really gives you an idea of what it actually takes to flip a modern car. Stuntmen are fucking lunatics.

Sounds like a system that creates hit and run drivers. Fucking idiots.

Doesn't work in American cars.

This. If I hit and killed someone there and knew this was going to happen I would be gone sorry not sorry

This seems like a load of shit but pretty top tier bait. You'd have to spot the dude 120m away in the dark if he was to stand a chance.

no you're retarded

if you're in the middle of the damn highway you better fuckin move faggot because I sure as fuck aint

But what time is it?

I am not saying the driver is in the clear. But lets see.

>its fucking night
>unknown weather in northern europe, but i assume summer. Point against the driver
>probably half asleep
>sees a person in the middle of the road possibly wearing all black
>person WANTS to die and is trying their best to die
>use brakes
>maybe brakes lock up? Maybe not?
Accidentally run over them

What's the point in sending the dude to jail? Chick was gonna off herself anyway. Now you just got a dead lady and a dude about to be behind bars. Net loss of 2 people.

Also, this should freak anybody out. Any of us could be in that situation. "Naw dude. I woulda dodged that bitch." Yeah maybe, but what if you didnt? Now you're being charged with manslaughter for the death of a lady that wanted to end her life anyway.

I heard abiut that too
But people rolling from cluffs would roll more often right?

I think it was something like record for rolls on a flat ground or something

Autobahn is terrifying to drive at night imo

>even after all those flips it's still car-shaped

ASTON STRONK

This is why I hate driving in downtown Seattle. Too many people playing the hobo lottery. Loose a leg, get wheelchair plus disability payments for life.