Salesman?

Any of you guys sell for a dealership? have an opportunity to get a position at a dealership as a salesman just trying to figure out what commissions usually average out per car ?

Other urls found in this thread:

thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/513/129-cars
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I work in refi, which is basically just working in an F&I office. I can answer what I can.

salesman here. keep your sanity. its like a crack addiction finding your next deal. every month is a new month. HIT YOUR KPI's

How far below sticker can someone reasonably expect to get on new or used cars, given a fair amount of knowledge of social psych and persuasion.

what's a KPI? I have sold cars before on my own just flipping them for cash... what is you average commission?

>every month is a new month
True wisdom

Monthly numbers. Every salesweasel has a set goal of so many $$$$ worth of cars sold to meet. You'd think commissions and catching what you eat would be enough but no.

It's kinda volatile, being a salesweasel. When you're on a roll you can make a lot of money quick but it can be folliowed by periods of relative famine.

Best time to hit up a stealership is at the end of the month. More likely to want to get you out the door with less assraping than they normally engage in.

If you're not at work, you should be sleeping

this particular lot is smaller in comparison to most they have 3 sales people and do 40-50 cars per month... the hours figure out to about 47-50 per week.

What state?

Iowa

With me personally? You are getting fuck all discount off a car. This is the price, buy it or fuck off. I'm not bringing a turd of a deal to my boss and requesting payment in exchange.

Mostly because everyone is tired of this shit at the end of the month. Just want you to buy the car and get the fuck out the place. If you are a cunt customer though you will be treated as such.

Key performance indicator. You have to hit your targets or you are a liability and need to go back to McDonalds.

Bet the pay is rabbit shit compared to a massive used lot though. I sold 34 cars in July on my own.

If you want my () genuine advice, go and be a mechanic. I wish I had when I was younger. I'd still have most of my hair and a good relationship with my kids. Truth.

Do you deal in time traveling delorians?
>34 cars in july
>JULY

welp, June*

Mate it feels like my whole life is this month and then i am re birthed into the next month as a fresh man. Like an enormous weight gets lifted from my shoulders on the first of the month

whenever I meet entitled cunt salesbitches like you, I like to waste your time licking my asshole and begging for me to buy your precious shitbox and when it comes time to sign the dotted line, I 'get cold feet.'

:)

You've never been qualified properly because the salesman you've dealt with have been pussy faggots.

If you tried that you would leave my showroom crying.

You can divide every customer into two groups. Buying and not buying. I know which one you are.

when I went to buy a car, the guy I spoke with was a fucking cunt. so I got his number then had my friend call, ask for his days available for an "appointment" then showed up on his day off & got the car with someone else that was more friendly. Got about 2k off the sticker price too.

Yeah no shit I'm not buying, retard. I just told you that

typical salesjew, can't even listen to detail$

That's more work than I would've put in, I would've just crossed that dealership off the list and moved on.

good job. salesmen are fucking scum who think they are some hot shit. you work in retail car salemen, you're not special.

they're the kind of guys who buy $30 discount suits at JCPenney and think they're really important as a result

exactly

went to a ford dealership to test drive a new focus st, and let the dude know upfront I wasn't planning on buying anytime soon and just wanted to check them out. dude was more than happy to help and led me to some backroads to have fun with it. not all salesmen are jerks.

>Just want you to buy the car and get the fuck out the place
Believe it or not that what us serious buyers want too. But sometimes your backroom counterparts like to waste time selling additional shit that isn't "the car". And it's nice to go in when everyone's saying "fuck it, it's month end just book the sale" and know they'll only halfheartedly try to flog that extra shit you don't want at you.

>How far below sticker can someone reasonably expect to get on new or used cars
The TRUECAR price is the absolute max you should pay for a new car. You can get lower. Costco has their own new car sales pricing. So you can get ideas of the discount there. Then compare those prices to Sam's Club which partnered with Truecar to get discounted pricing offers for their members. As with walmart, sam's club didn't really do anything to help their members buy new cars for less than truecar. But they had to offer some sort of program because Costco had such a way to save money for their members.

Remember that the selection of Truecars is what they negotiated with the dealers that chose to participate.

>Just want you to buy the car and get the fuck out the place
After the dealer prep uses power buffers to grind in all the swirl marks.

I really wanted that car lol

Seriously. Maybe he's making good money, but who cares, it's just a job. Not saving lives.

is it really that stressful? what are you bringing home per month?

what's the hardest part of the job?

>If you tried that you would leave my showroom crying.
lmao
What are you going to do, say mean things?

It's very high maintenance. Work ends when you get home. But everywhere you go you will be looking for a customer instinctively. Good salesman are called 'sharks'

Nope, you would be so frustrated you will never wish to step back on the property again. Good riddance.

Meeting your bonus quota.

Each month every car manufacturer sends out a letter saying that if you sell X amount of cars, you will get a huge bonus from the car manufacturer. I work for Dodge, FCA said that if the dealership can sell 115 new Dodge vehicles for the month of June, FCA will send the dealership a $95k bonus check. This is basically how my dealership survives. The bigger dealerships don't really need to worry about this because they do a lot of business, but smaller ones almost live and die by the bonus checks.

I can go into detail the fucking retarded deals that we hand out when it comes to crunch time just to meet the quota. If the last few days of the month are coming up and we still haven't met the sales number quota, our GM will almost give away a car just to make a sale.

Very related

thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/513/129-cars

How would you frustrate me?

It's the nature of the work. They're like cats - they catch what they eat. And if they're not catching enough mice, Farmer Bob comes back there with a shotgun and starts cullin'