Hey Veeky Forums what's your experience selling your cars?

Hey Veeky Forums what's your experience selling your cars?
my brother had been trying to sell his 1969 mustang in socal but he's been having a hell of a time getting buyers.
Any advice?
oh he has it listed for $9,500 btw and it runs good

Other urls found in this thread:

ventura.craigslist.org/cto/6189650594.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Currently have 91 FC3S turbo I imported from Japan listed for $8000. All known problems listed. 98000 original KM on this thing.
>>will u take $3000
>>want to trade my old E30 with 300,000 miles
>>haha good luck selling that you'd be lucky to get $6000
That's what I've had so far, I would expect similar results

Take it to car shows and drag races with a for sale sign.

Luckily he hasnt had any lowballers or shitty trade offers yet
People just call and ask him if its still for sale and then he never heard back from them

Damn actually that's a pretty damn good idea
I feel retarded not thinking of that sooner

Is it autotragic?

Yeah it is
But most of them were that year

Really doesn't matter. If someone wants a manual they'll put a manual in it.

>$9,500
ventura.craigslist.org/cto/6189650594.html

boomers ruined everything

Oh shit yeah that's his
Guess he lowered it

>can't spell carburetor
>can't spell passenger
>can't spell gauge
Retard doesn't deserve a cent

I've had those kinds of people too. People are fucked.

That's not bad considering I just sold this (289/auto) for $13000 cash money

Where are you located? I'm interested as long as it doesnt have major problems

He needs to take better picture without all that shit in the backseat, and clean the engine compartment. It's also a 2v carb, strike one. Auto, strike two. Coupe not fastback, strike three.

Charleston, SC

All that's wrong with it
>AC not blowing cold
>passenger window motor seized (I believe, it clicks but does not move)
>front left fender dented (see pic)
It runs great, pulls hard

Yeah I'll tell him
Any other advice?

Agreed. Nobody that has money is going to take this guy seriously so all he's going to get are illegals and meth heads. The presentation is terrible and it's apparent the car needs sorting out and some improvements.

Clean the car up and out so that it doesn't look like it smells like a locker room. Spend a nickel and get a goddam brake pedal cover. Same with the godsawful instrument cluster. Or at least paint it. Learn to compose and take a picture and assemble them in a manner that tells a cohesive story of the car as it is. This ain't kindergarten. What he's done is barely acceptable for a 3K Civic let alone something he wants three times more for.

wtf I want it
too bad I live in kangaroo land

How would I go if I used a 1966 Mustang as a daily driver? going to work or getting to grocerys would it be worth it? they also cost around $20.000 where I live

>cash money
Like, he gave you $13,000 in $100 bills?

Takes forever. I sold my 2006 F250 for $18k, but it took me 4+ months to sell it.

Glad to be rid of the 6.0l before I had any major repair bills.

What method of payment did you get

I can't imagine carrying around $18000 in dollar bills

Go to bank, they transfer dollars into my account, I sign title.

I've been paid $24k in $100 bills before for some machinery. Happens pretty often in business stuff.

>parking your 20,000 dollar car in a supermarket

my 1500 dollar car got scuffed the other day and im STILL assmad.

I also have a $30.000 Camary I leave it outside and park in markets. Ontop of that I live in the most dangerious suburb in my state full of Lebos and Tongans

>$30.000 Camary

You can't use them as a dd
That's why my brother is selling his

Especially in the heat right now all the old cars are over heating
Its been 3 days in a row that I see some old camero or mustang stall at a stop light

Just don't be that guy at the car show/meet or race who's only there to sell his car. People will be a lot less irritated if you actually show interest in other people's cars and more offers will come your way.

>sell his 1969 mustang

why? he gay or something?

>>>haha good luck selling that
gonna go with this
26 years old
meme engine
steering wheel on the wrong side

maybe if you lived in LA or SF where there's a lot of weebs/ricers and gooks it would be easier to sell

>a 2v carb
2 barrel

>$9,500
>$20.000
>$13000

>2 barrel

Yes?

Did your brother ever get the DBAB instruction about daily drivers?

how can one trip be so based

i fucking want this and do not have the money for it

Been trying to sell my foxbody for a month now. It's been a slew of "Do you still have it" followed by silence, stupidly low offers, or the master negotiators opening line of "What's the lowest that you'd take." I finally just cut this guy I've been talking to on facebook about it a stupidly low deal because I'm tired of dealing with tire kickers and time wasters. He seemed pretty cool so I'd rather the car go to him and he actually finish the work I've done on it versus some illiterate hick whose going to destroy it. Basically fuck selling cars.

Ive been looking for a fox, where are you? If that guy doesn't work out

That's a coupe, not a fastback, that's why he won't sell his car for that price. Coupes at best are only worth around $5000-$7000.

New Orleans. I think someone actually posted my ad in a thread the other day.

Shit thats not close at all. And i can't afford a good one yet. Theres some nice ones in my area for 6-7k that I can almost afford.

67?
Not shabby dude.

Yeah selling a car here is horrible. I'm pretty much in the shit bottom of the country and so far away from any good buyers. It's not really the type of car that someone will trailer up and transport half way across the country unless it's a super mint or crazy modded one.

I was furious the other day when a moss covered i4 "cobra" fox sold within 12 hours on a facebook group because it was centrally located. Piece of shit hadn't run in 5 years and was just sitting.

2v

Means 2 venturi or 2 barrel.

take the gay "5.0" out of the ad

Does it have to be trailered? I would be willing to roadtrip for a half decent manual 5.0 as long as its not too rusty desu

No AC and it needs an alignment at best. It's a project. I drive it around the city once a week and dick around in it but not for more than an hour or two. Body is clean on mine, part of why I bought it. But it does need some work and paint.

It's not a firm price, if you want it and can come relatively close you can have it

I would come to your doorstep but I only have 4k

Unless you're interested in a mildly used 2004 chevy aveo plus cash :v

fuck that is not fucking fair you can't get it in Yurop

Nice digits on the plate

with sportscars, you have to be patient and wait for the right buyer. Generally there are a few logical reasons why this is so. 1) Banks like to give money for loans on cars under 7 years and under 100k 2)insurance is higher 3) resale value is less 4) people expect sports cars to be driven by men under 30 who dogg the fuck out of them 5) people expect sports cars to be modified and changed from OEM 6) lots of sports car owners really value their car and believe its worth more then it actually is

>$30.000 Camary
Even generic chevrolay malebu cost $36k if you get all the options.

Trying to convince my wife to sell her 2012 Mazdaspeed3
I looked around CL and the prices are all over the place (from 8k to 18k)
HOWEVER, all are modded
Her car is 100% stock and low mileage (45k miles)
What should I expect to get for it (if she agrees to sell it)?

>Buy a 88 honda CRX HF for $500
>Drive it into the ground enjoying 50 mpg for a couple months doing no maintenance.
>It starts over heating
>Park it, decide to try to sell it.
>List it for $600 bucks, its in rough shape, plenty of rust. Runs though
>Within 20 minutes a guy messages me and says hes got 600 cash and will be over in 10 minutes.
>Bring a truck and trailer, gives me 600 bucks, hauls it away.

Everything went better than expected.

The "honest" value for those things is around 1500
That should explain a lot

Ha, ha, now a bunch of Honda CRX's will mysteriously disappear from people's driveways and donate their parts to your legitimately purchased VIN.

Ah no I can't do that. But I could possibly deliver it or meet halfway if you came yo with the full 8000

What's a good Mustang that falls in around the $5k range? I'm going to eventually sell my '00 Frontier and get one.

87-93 foxbody with a 5.0l in good shape or a 2002/2003 GT

Why is he selling a 69 mustang?
What's preventing it from being daily driven and what shitbox does your brother have in mind?

What makes the 02/03 GT worth getting over, say, an '05? The base model is available at the same price of the '03 GT, but I like the bodystyle of the '05 a lot more.

3 valve 4.6 Engines are shit

how did you end up buying a 6.0?
did you get memed by the 7.3?

love your uneducated opinion.
the 3v is actually the best engine in its class, with the highest power to weight ratio of any other manufacturer, including japanese

only problems are the supposed "cam phasers" which is just a buzzword for ignorant retards who don't actually know shit about this engine (including you)

the VCC solenoid is what needs attention,
and also the cam guides can wear out, possibly needing a new chain along with it, depending on how you use your engine

all of this, and i mean all of it, is something a person can do at home with only basic tools. no pulling the engine out or removing the head is required.

K

You're not changing my mind on any 3v modular being shit. I work for Ford and every one of my techs think they're shit too.