What are some easily/fast detachable parts that prevents a bike/car engine from working? Small parts, preferable

What are some easily/fast detachable parts that prevents a bike/car engine from working? Small parts, preferable.

Last week there were 2 bike thefts in my college campus, I was thinking about do something easy like having a detachable kick start pedal on my bike, and carry it my backpack, but it would still be able to do a bump start, if the thief is not a lazy ass.

Yeah, I know alarms do exist, but one can work around it, but in the other hand, which thief walks around with random parts in his pockets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lIWzbeBCftU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For a bike I don't think you can beat an alarmed rotor lock for portable security. Nobody will be riding away with it regardless, and even if they have enough people and daring to pick it up hopefully the alarm will cause someone to stop it. Pulling anything off to stop it running doesn't get you any further: a rotor lock does a step better since it can't be rolled away easily.

Thieves are opportunists. They don't tend to go to any trouble to steal stuff if it takes longer than a minute.

Leave keys in the ignition? Consider it stolen. Leave a laptop on your passenger seat? Consider your window smashed, start storing shit in the trunk (out of sight, out of mind). Buy some basic deterrent and make sure your shit is locked down when you leave it and you shouldn't worry about it again.

Kill yourself, you turbo autist. Read the OP.

Those goes in the disks, right? Can't take that out without dissemble everything.

I know they're opportunists, that's why I think they would bother to break into a car without the gear knob, or leave it in frustration if didn't check first. Even if it's a guy who's knowledge to get around alarms or something.

That fuse box bellow the wheel, If you took out some fuses, would the car be able to start somehow?

That could potentially work.

fuel injection relay. nobody carries those around

take the engine out

doesn't it mess with the computer configuration? or it won't change nothing if it taken out with the engine off

Does anyone have the full version of this where he gets really confused

Ignition/Battery interlocks work well on cars. You could even rig a fusable switch that could feed into the fuse box and just turn the switch on and off.

On bikes pretty much this

This is what I usially do if I have to park in a sketchy area. Pull the fuel pump fuse or starter fuse. For a car anyways...

It behaves just like it's out of gas

The fuel in the lines would be enough to roll it into a stupid position

I wouldn't remove anything ignition based. Attempts to start the car would just flood it

Best is a 4-5 star alarm, if not a steering wheel lock. I also leave my z 99% out of fuel when I park it up

I know it, but I think I expressed my question badly.

I have heard that if you disconnect parts of electronic injection, it mess with the computer (ECU I guess?) configuration, and you have to reconfigure it when put it back.

This is exactly what I do. I pull the "EGI" fuse and hope that they don't think to hop the hood, check the fuse box, and swap one of the other fuses into that space.

The problem is that if someone does try to steal the car, they could kill the battery from running the starter over and over. I would count on them giving up pretty quickly though.

>I wouldn't remove anything ignition based. Attempts to start the car would just flood it

Ignition interlock as in a switch that disables the solenoid wire on the starter preventing it from turning over in first place. Besides that Flooding is not a huge deal with any vehicle with EFI (aside from rotaries)

Lot's of bike thieves roll around in pickups and a few guys will just lift the bike into the bed. If you're really worried about it lock it up to something solid. Won't make it impossible to steal but should make it less tempting than an unlocked bike.

Simply covering it with a bike cover sometimes is enough, it makes it more obvious that someone who doesn't own the bike is fucking with it.

Yeah I flooded my 300zx and I had to take the plugs out lol

I wired up a bypass/kill switch for the ignition switch in my shitbox. I flip the (well hidden) switch and no more power to the ignition switch. I also use a club to lock the steering wheel if I'm in a nigger infested area.

Pull out the starter relay

I'm not sure how much the guys-with-a-van thing is a myth. Every first hand account from actual bike thieves I've seen says their goal is to ride the bike away.

>The fuel in the lines would be enough to roll it into a stupid position
No, a fuel injected car needs lots of fuel pressure, if the pump never primes you won't run long enough to even think about moving it.

Having the steering wheel lock is also good to discouraging lazy thieves, they won't know you car have a kill switch and break in, maybe damaging your door, and then break some stuff in frustration for losing their time.

I've heard of it happening several times over the years. Pickup rocks up and they throw anything they can lift in. Dirt bikes get stolen that way pretty often.

For heavier bikes an alarm and immobiliser is about the best you can do. Stops someone hammering a screwdriver into the ignition but if they want to steal it all you will really do is slow them down.

My z started and ran for a few seconds without the relay. And when maoris stole my brothers missus' car they stated it and immediately D slammed it so I would imagine it would be possible to get the car at least moved out of its parking spot

>Lot's of bike thieves roll around in pickups and a few guys will just lift the bike into the bed.

That's true. My campus uses concrete blocks with posts rising from the blocks to lock bikes onto. The thieves just pick up the block with one or 2 bikes locked on.

I lost my bike that way. Some black dudes with an old Ford pickup lifted the cement block with my bike locked to it. I had one of those large sized alloy chains and a big lock with shielded shackle (can't bolt cut, must use diamond saw). It was a great bike with a number of additional 3rd party parts. Their truck was leaving as I was coming out of the R&D lab building.

>If you took out some fuses, would the car be able to start somehow?

You don't want to keep pulling and inserting fuses as a regular thing. Those made in china fuse blocks have a limited number of insertion cycles.

>Last week there were 2 bike thefts in my college campus,
>Thieves are opportunists.

Not pure opportunists. They clearly plan ahead of time. They will even have spotters on ten-speed (yeah, they are are all 12,15,20 now) bicycles farther up the road to look for police coming down to warn the truck.

When they have spotters and trucks to winch up the concrete block with a bike on it, that is not pure opportunism. That is deliberate planned thievery.

>What are some easily/fast detachable parts that prevents a bike/car engine from working?

You have to determine how those bikes were stolen. Cut the kryptonite type locks? If the bikes were locked to a block or rack, and the rack is missing, then it could have been winched onto the back of a truck.

Remove the fuse for the fuel pump or another critical part. Or you could solder a hidden switch into it for convenience. Both won't stop a dedicated thief, but unless your car is in the six digit range, the thief will just try the next car instead of trying to get yours going.

For bicycles and motorcycles I always recommend my ghetto method, padlock through the brake rotor. Won't stop a dedicated thief either, but getting past that surely can't be the effort and risk.

Fuel pump fuse

Just reading all this is making me more and more pissed at thieves. My friend's car was broken into a while back. They didn't take the pricy tool kit in the back, they didn't take the insanely expensive engineering textbooks in the rear seat, didn't even try to start the car. All they took were a few Navy unit patches he'd kept over the years, but those were the things he had the most sentimental value in.

youtube.com/watch?v=lIWzbeBCftU

Put between steering wheel and break.
Nobody can drive away without the key or an angle grinder

>nog tries to break into car
>comes face to face with a 300 lbs cougar
your move tyrone

Military sticker.

The key, for one thing. And the key to the locks you should be using. Lock the wheels to something immovable, like a lamp post, with a big and beefy-looking lock.

If they want your bike, they'll get it, but you're just making it more secure than the 99%.

Sticker that says "microchipped"

in big cities they use another bike or a scooter to push the stolen bike along in neutral

Take the distributor rotor with you to keep it from running.

Also, in my state, I can shoot niggers to recover property. So, like, if you plug a thief, they stop robbing in your area. You just have to shoot a nigger every couple years.
Thanks texas

Planned thievery is not mutually exclusive with opportunism. If you make your shit more stealable than other shit it's gonna get stolen by an opportunistic thief, regardless of whether they plan it out or not.

We use removalist van + matresses/blankets (bet you can't guess what I do for a living lol), but we tend to look to clean out sheds, mutliple bikes at a time etc

Snap the steering locks if needs be, wheel everything in, lay it down, and fuck off, two of us can take 3-4 bikes in less than 2 mins.