he fell for the automatic meme

> he fell for the automatic meme

Other urls found in this thread:

bmwblog.com/2017/04/21/bmw-m-claims-dual-clutch-manual-transmissions-soon-gone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great thread OP

>he likes being slower
cuck

Autotragics are slowly spreading in Germany, ever since dual clutch transmissions became affordable.
Until recently like 98% of German cars were manual.
Honestly I don't mind. Dual clutch automatic are simply superior to manuals.

this post will trigger manual fags

>drive automatic
>at stop light 4 days ago
>some retard in a turd gen is revving at me
>he's revving at an automatic fifth gen 528i
>light goes green
>I stay about 2 metres ahead of him all the way to the next light
so much for manuals

Not if they employ rational thought.
I have driven manuals for 17 years except for one time when I borrowed the car of a disabled friend, the only automatic I ever set foot in.
Old automatics are complete garbage, but dual clutch beats manual, no contest.
No one can shift manually in milliseconds.

manual fag here

dual clutch > new auto >= manual > old auto

despite that I will only drive manual cuz it's fun and that's what I want in a car

same. Why can't more people be like us and stop whining?

reminder sequantial manual is superior

>not ironically using a CVT

Its all about the driving experience, who cares if a dual clutch is a milisecond faster?
If the Tesla autopilot was faster, safer and more efficient than me driving, i would still prefer to be the one driving it.

superiority complex and contrarianism

>implying it'll be legal to drive yourself when self-drive cars get mass produced

Enjoy it while it lasts

This is a manualfag in denial, justifying their inferior status compared to DCT masterrace. Mental gymnastics at its finest.

>Automatic
>Better than manual
It has been tested, auto is faster on the straight line most of the time, manual is much faster at the track.
Computers are too dumb to know the best gear when turning

>DCT: It's trash, not a real automatic and not a real.manual, expensive and it overheats like a bitch, plus, I doesn't let you do multiple downshifts like >6th to 3rd.

>that one girl that rides a high cylinder bike pretty much dressed in a catsuit and makes a smug face to the guy taking pictures to her right

>enjoying one method for the driving feel is a superiority complex
>having a preference makes you contrarian
you throw these terms out but dont seem to know what they mean

He fell for the chink meme

Why is Veeky Forums always autistic over the fastest laptimes yet they prefer the slower transmission?

>he fell for the geabox meme

Autos are fine if you have fewer then the requisite 2 off, hands, legs or testicles.

>Dual clutch automatic

No such thing. There ate automated dual clutch manuals but they aren't automatics.

Lets be honest it's DCT > Sequential > H > CVT > New Auto > Old Auto.

only the worst 2 options are autos.

I'd rather have my 7 series landbarges be automatics than manuals. Luxury cars are supposed to be automatic, everything is due to driver comfort.

Because automatics don't actually get better laptimes

More, closer gears get better laptimes. The 5/6 speed manuals you get off the showroom floor aren't geared for tracks, and neither is the shifting mechanism, but the autos are practically close to actual racing manuals if you use the paddle/slap shift feature.

Just infinitely worse

The ideal transmission for laptimes is not unlike those found in motorcycles. A torque converter is added weight for the sake of comfort.

But shift times don't matter so much as the actual gear ratios you are using per your engine, including final drive. All you're really doing is adding or saving a slight amount of weight that lowers the CoG if it's there, if anything.

As much as I love going through the gears. I just love what this asshole is pushing. We need more interesting shit in our lives.

tfw no gf like this

>have 7 speed auto
>Live in a mountainous area
>Have to manually select half the time because it hunts like crazy uphill and no engine braking downhill cooks brakes fast
>tfw even it never selects high than 4th due to the grades

This is the reason I'm still a manuelcuck. They will take away my power to drive to might as well enjoy it while it lasts

New locking autos like the ZF8 have a higher ceiling than DCTs. Manuals will always be the best for involvement and overall control though

>he has a machine do the driving for him
I bet you like tesla you cukkboi

Same.
Even in stop n go its fun.
>tfw heel toe double clutching through all the gears until you're at the exact speed you need by the time you turn off the road
>tfw each rev match so perfect gear just pops in with no resistance

This, so much this

I have the auto 5 speed version of my car and the manual version is 6 speed

Auto 5 and 4 are the same gears of the manual 6 and 5(Last gear is overdrive, second last is 1:1), but 123 in the auto are so much longer while the manual gets shorter and an extra gear to play, the result? almost a full second on 0-60

Gearing >Gearbox type

Cannot wait for manual fags to be btfo when self driving cars become a legal requirement.

Unfortunately my knees get in the way of shifting and my city has terrible traffic

this desu. There are already "driverless cars", they're called taxis/buses/trains/etc. Fucking autotragics and normies will probably ban self-driving cars soon and I won't be able to cruise down sweet A-roads.

Are Americans too fat or too stupid to change gears?

me too

Why would we when the car can just do it for us?

>wrong
newest autos are as fast and lighter than DCTs and they can handle more torque.
bmwblog.com/2017/04/21/bmw-m-claims-dual-clutch-manual-transmissions-soon-gone/

DCT = DepreCated Technology

ahh, so too lazy