Why does no one ever talk about the Mazdaspeed 6?

Why does no one ever talk about the Mazdaspeed 6?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Rally_Team_Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_World_Rally_Team
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/6177452527.html
sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/6171443058.html
portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6149107565.html
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6164217980.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heavy, not that powerful, FWD(!)

>fwd

Veeky Forums is the 'shitposting with an automotive flavour' channel, not the 'helpful information about cars and bikes' channel.

Haldex AWD afaik

too old, too heavy, too large, too underpowered

this is why, because the corvette loving faggots on this board are this ignorant

Not very reliable.

idk man, Veeky Forums loves the focus rs, and that car essentially stole this cars engine lmao. And the cars essentially weight the same.. the mazda 6 weighing slightly more because its a real car. so basically ford steals he engine from the mazdaspeed, turns up the boost and everyone cant get enough of it.

It's not a rotary.

Ford owns mazda. So ford fucks up mazda so people can buy fords. and ecoboost is the current highest performence engine upgrade out there atm.

Ford doesn't own Mazda you fucking idiot

i like it. the fake awd is a little off-putting tho. i would still get this over any german saloon from the same time.

I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned already...

These are absolutely horrid in terms of maintenance & reliability

If you buy one of these you can be getting a bargain WRX competitor if you're willing to DIY repairs, if you rely and pay someone for repairs it will be a disaster.

Then again, I guess it's fair considering the STi is a maintenance heavy and suffers from reliability issues too.

INB4 WRX fan boyz attack

I had a friend who owned one of these for about 3 months. It had 100k miles on it and the engine grenaded after he had it tuned. These engines are not built to handle anything but the factory boost.

Yup, you have to throw some serious money at that 2.3 DISI to make power out of it.

Also, that gen of 3s and 6s all have rust issues, they're not made to last overall.

It looks good, but it takes a great deal of effort and money to actually keep it running on the long run. These cars have their fanbase, but that's about it.

Always seemed like the ultimate sleeper to me. It's basically a nicer WRX without the rice.

WRX actually performed in rally racing. The Mazda didn't.

He probably never upgraded the hpfp, it's the one thing that'll make the engine grenade. I don't know where you guys are getting your info on speeds but you seem pretty misinformed. I own a ms3 and they are truly fantastic cars. They get to 60 in 5 sec stock, so I don't see how anyone would consider that underpowered. And the engines are extremely reliable and stout. I'm running a tune for 19 psi with a bunch of bolt ons and I'm making about 300whp reliably. I've driven the car tens of thousands of miles with no real issues other than normal maintenance, and the car is very easy to work on to boot.

Ms3 owner here, this thread gave me cancer. The amount of misinformation in it is insane, not even in a shit posting way...just a reminder that summer is here kinda way. So, they aren't as reliable as the ms3 and the awd system is kind of fickle so they haven't held their value as much as 3s. Also, people prefer the space of the 3s and aesthetics. That said, they're excellent budget tuners, better than say a pre '12 wrx, lancer, ect. Just be sure to get a hpfp upgrade, the direct injection system was new in them and the 3s so they ran into some issues on higher boost. Running 300whp in my ms3, it struggles to get grip so I'd imagine a ms6 would hook up better than it but also doesn't have as much of an aftermarket as a ms3 so I'm not sure if it'd be better to get or not.

Also to add in, I forgot to correct some of the dumb shit in here. Ford DID own a majority of mazda at the time the speed3 and speed6 were developed. The engines (2.3l i4s) were made in flint rock mi and everything. Now mazda is it's own entity I believe, so no longer under ford's thumb. Also to the tard it's awd.

>Conflating the stock WRX to a rally build

nobody stole anything you mong, Mazda has been in a partnership with Ford for years

a stock WRX has that DNA though.

that shitty mazda econobox doesnt have shit.

If you want a sporty Mazda, stick to the Mx-5 or Rx-7

It's painfully obvious that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about

>323

>same car as Mazda 6

seems like you have no idea what you are talking about.

>The Mazda Rally Team Europe was a rally team created by Achim Warmbold that competed in the World Rally Championship from 1985 to 1991.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Rally_Team_Europe

>Subaru World Rally Team Racing History is from 1980 up until 2008 to which they pulled out of WRC.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_World_Rally_Team

Kill yourself my man.

Because it was only built for like 2 years in the mid-'00s and it wasn't any faster than an Evo or STi at the time. Aftermarket modding was also minuscule compared to the aforementioned Mitsubishi and Subaru. It's simply a hot-rodded but forgettable Mazda 6.

Wasn't saying it was the same car, I was trying to illustrate how stupid it is to compare a rally car to a stock wrx under the guise of "it's in the DNA" but apparently everyone else here is just as stupid so this is all just a lost cause. My fault.

Partnership withFordMotor Company. From 1974 to 2015,Mazdahad a partnership with theFordMotor Company, which acquired a 7% stake in 1979, and by 1996 owned 33.3% ofMazda.

google is your friend.

which is why I meme arrowed

as in
>"implying it's fwd"

learn to chan.

You're right, I skimmed through to find the culprit cause I'm at work and mistook yours to be the original when you were memeing the tard above you

>RX-7
>implying you can just get an unmolested FB or FC RX-7 at any point in time

>implying you'd want a pristine fb or fc
They're not exactly cars that deserve pristine preservation like a FD. Whole point to them, especially the fb, is to be a shit box you buy for 500 bucks, throw on some brakes, tires, and a 350 smc swap for a total of 3k and track it hard.

good. you hurt my feelers for a second there, man.

did a quick search you filthy anime watch faggot

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/6177452527.html

sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/6171443058.html

portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6149107565.html

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6164217980.html

While it was notable, it wasn't remotely comparable to STI or EVO at the time, and fell into obscurity.

Also its AWD is not full time, and supposedly heavily FWD biased, and only kicks in when there's slippage at the front.

My dad had one of those, it was pretty fun while it was working. Piece of shit clutch failed on the way home from brother's college graduation

I at least like to think the Legacy Spec B was a superior choice

Not him but, the FB and the FC's were way more reliable compared to the twin turbo rotary crazyness of the FD.

Plus the FC still has the Initial D meme value.
I don't know if the FB is worth it or can be tracked though.