imgur.com/a/I6dbo
youtube.com/watch?v=ENBbZyK51iY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There were no Honda's in Underground 2

There was the Si coupe

In the PAL version there's a Vauxhall Corsa and a Peugeot 106
In the NA version there's a Civic and a RSX instead

source: My PAL PS2 and my PC version

There was a Honda and a Acura in the PAL version.

The Civic was the best starter car in the game.

Correction: NTSC version, PAL has the hot hatches.

NA version also had a Peugeot, I think. I know for a fact one was in NFSU

that was 206

>best starter car
Miata, bro.

Corolla.
It sucks at first but it literally becomes Takumi godlike mid-game.

Can confirm. I'm completing the game again with the Corolla as workhorse and the Lexus as magazine slut. I decides to only choose handling upgrades for the unique parts. Brakes, tires and suspension, it makes the Rolla even more of a go-kart than it already is.

That was the 240SX.

>steal mom's credit card
>buy the 3k civic "perfomance upgrade"

>play nfsu2
>buy focus because ford fangirl
>literracy can't turn meme is real

>NSFU2 was the last good rice simulator

Juiced 2 was the last of its kind

Miata is grippier than anything else in the game, Corolla is more prone to deja vu and deja vu is slow in NFSU2.
If we're talking straight-line performance, though, Celica is the king. Mustang and GTO get honorable mentions but they deja vu too much.

>Juiced 2
>good
I still wonder how they went from some of the best arcadey physics ever made in Juiced to one of the biggest dog turds the world has ever seen in Juiced 2.

seeing this thread makes me wanna play nsfu2 again.

what's the strategy to play & win, br/o/s? get honda first until i can get miata, then get celica for highway racing?

i played the PS2 version and it was ok, i remember finding it way more fun since it was more arcadey and "press button to drift" than NFSU2

I have a copy (albeit scratched as fuck) of the first Juiced, is the difference in physics that large?

miata starter, then get the celica for highway races
then the r34 gtr for everything once you unlock it

In the NTSC/PC version you can get the Miata right away.

Install the Widescreen fix and SweetFX / Dragozool's texture mod and it will look like something out of a 2011 game.

imgur.com/a/I6dbo for reference

thanks, imma go play it and get nostalgic

I liked Juiced, but I hated how you had to pay to fix any scratches & shit damage you did while driving. Me being a little kid emptied my bank pretty quick lol

dont forget to do the races in rachel's car and highway races before you give her her car back at the beginning

If you have no Miata availible, get 240SX for acceleraton and don't do anything except removing speed limiter, then get Miata ASAP, then get Navigator for phtoshoots and SUV races, then Celica for muh fast, keep Miata for StreetX and drift.

dude that mod is sick! I'm def gonna do that for improved graphics

good thinking!

gotcha, thank you

This is the anthem of ricers:
youtube.com/watch?v=ENBbZyK51iY

I'd agree on Celica, it's scary fast, but I don't agree on miata vs 86. For the life of me I cannot tune miata to make it faster than 86, based on running last URL race so many times, i think I could do it with eyes closed. In that situation I'm running about 1:14 times with a miata, and 1:09 times with 86 (no nitrous on either).

>underground 2 had pretty good physics for an arcade of the time
>cars could actually oversteer, lose grip and drift
>it even had fine tuning

>then comes most wanted with dude infinite grip toy cars lmao
>people actually ate it up

And NFS 2015 is even worse, with a fucking 'grip drift' slider for customization and literal ''press X to enter ''''drift'''' mode'' physics, or rather lack of

What went so wrong?

and then carbon went the totally other way.
muscle cars that couldn't go into a corner nicely no matter how much you want it.
and drifting where the car was steering in the opposite direction.
and the fucking joke called the dedicated "clutch" button.
thankfully ProStreet redeemed the series by bringing back shitboxes and reasonably good tuning options (and wind tunnel).

>The Civic was the best starter car in the game.
You fucking faggot!

but on the for real the best starter was the 240SX

not that it matters when the game is easy as fuck so you just get what you want to use

does anyone have an efficient tuning guide? e.g. how to tune suspension, engine, etc.

NFS Pro Street is a brutally underated game.My personal favorite desu.It felt real with the handling,clutch(manual clutcherinno m8) and those highway races where you could literally lose control and fucking die(not really).But it's completely ignored by kids and avid fans because of that reality and the fact that the setting of Pro Street is
>FUCKING
>LEGAL
that's one of the things that attracts me to this game including the shitboxes the feeling of controls

>mfw kids still want to listen to disturbed while driving a riced to hell '06 mustang
>mfw people tell me that their fav car is bmw e46 m3 because of nfs
>mfw watching people play old nfs games like retards turning corners at 160mph and slamming into a wall

i pray for a new game like pro street

and to add
what adds more charm to Pro Street(and nfs the run which is my 2nd fav)
you knew who your character was,how he looked like,what his name was,although Ryan Cooper is mute and has a helmet all the time but that's a + in my book
The Run had stupid handling and forced you to spam nitro on the hardest difficulty but the story was neat af
>the mob cars would've been fair if they just rammed you instead of fucking shooting and murdering you within miliseconds

how do I install mods on an iso ? i'm pretty shit at this.

ProStreet is still my favorite too brodie.

I loved it when you buy a new car then go to the race days and the announcer would talk about your new car purchase

>"Ryan Cooper somehow got his hands on a GT-R Proto!"

All of my cars were the G35 though because my dad had one at the time the game was new.

240sx takes forever to get in nfsu though

but its a starter car in NFSU2

everyone knows the V4 Viper is the best starter in NFSU

>you knew who your character was
And your opponents seemed to have some personality too.
Joe Tackett and his Civic with a few simple mods always makes me giggle a little.
JP Laurent in his seemingly uncontrollably swerving Zonda always made me think twice before overtaking.

Absolutely not. A: The civic was after a few races in the first set of events. B: The tofubox is both the best car in the game, and the best starting car with the Miata as a close second.

I always end up cooly vibrating into walls in the Miata, whereas the Corolla feels like it can put power down better.

We should invade /ovg/ and have NFSU2 nights.

Maximum acceleration.
Soft front suspension save for springs, hard rear suspension. Lower your low end torque so you're maxing maximum torque for the largest width of RPMs.

U1 is a little bit more feasible.
There's a multiplayer server emulator so you don't need any VPN bullshittery to play.

Gameranger should be able to do that for UG2.

Did someone say "USD$3k Civic?"