Extreme Tuning

Why does most tuning tend to always be the same: lower suspension, spoilers, and darkened side windows. Why are actually interesting modifications so rare?

When I started my car project, the vehicle Finnish vehicle inspection agency had never even heard of anyone planning the kinds of things I did. And that's worrying. What's wrong with the mankind's imagination if in a city of 50 000 people, in more than a decade no one has even discussed the topic of customizing their cars?!

Japan has the right spirit, although their sense of style is a bit off. Anyway, let's discuss the problem, and post some properly interesting customs too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NdCfZQsZEHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tuning is adjusting the ECU to go faster.
Lower suspension and spoilers are either put on to increase performance or imitate the former.

>the kinds of things I did
....like? and please no "its a secret bc i want to keep it original"

youtube.com/watch?v=NdCfZQsZEHQ

>Japan has the right spirit, although their sense of style is a bit off

nope you just have shit taste

tuning = making a car go faster (also see modifying)

modifying = ruining resale value

Why do all the "tuners" add stuff to the car? Ridges, intakes, gaps, holes, spoilers, that kind of stuff. Why isn't smoothening as much of a thing? Close off fake vents and unnecessary gaps, smoothen the body lines where they stick out (for example, those two bumps in R34's grille), get wheels with few large, tasteful spokes and tires that arent' paper-thin, integrate exhaust into the rear bumper, leave some ground clearance to leave an even gap in the wheel arch, refine the sound so it sounds good but not obnoxiously loud, that kind of stuff.

Because actual modification are expensive and require knowledge?

you are an idiot.

seriously you are a fucking idiot.

if you think all these vents are fake and unnecessary and dont serve a purpose, mcfuckingkillyourself

>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>durrrrrrrr

That's not a "tuner". That's a proper tuner. Those are all functional.

the fuck is a "tuner"

and why do you even care

no, actually you are a weeb

shaving and molding looks like complete ass

ricers used to do it

Wait, where the hell are these?

>tuning
That's called ricing. All show, no go. You wanna talk interesting mods, you won't see them when the car is on the road. If you saw this Mustang on the road, you'd think it had flares, different wheels, and a Walden front lip. Underneath, it has totally different front suspension geometry, frame stiffeners, a cage with low door bars, a complete cobra IRS swap, a Ford Performance crate motor, etc.

*Saleen not Walden lol

Matt Farahs million mile mustang is cool but stop slobbing on his knob like corn on a cob

Wait, So is tuning everything that improves the speed/handling of your car like suspension and engine modifications? And modifying means any kind of mod whether it be body-work or tuning?

Modifiying means changing a part. Tuning means adjusting something. Shitty body modificstions are called rice.
Just an example off the top of my head. Doesn't look too fast but is fast.

>Doesn't look too fast but is fast.

look at those fucking tires. Yes it does look fast and intimidating.

Wide tires = putting down big power

yeah but its still ugly as hell

Yes but you are a stancefag, so your taste in what looks good can be disregarded. It's inoffensive, as a fox should be.

>ugly ass bumper
>ugly ass flares
>nigger wheels
>blacked out circa 2007 taste

its garbage like a Fox always is

Looks like shit. Not even meming

I thought you liked bolt on flares

maybe when they dont look like shit

the fact that those have straight edges and arent even bolted into proper locations pretty much ruin them

car has bad fitment which doesnt help either

Conversions are the best mods

Those flares are made specifically for foxes, they're designed with the rivets farther out both to help flush the flare with the body and give you more room to cut sheet metal for clearance. Also the car is set up to have zero rub throughout the suspension' and steering's range of motion, not to have "perfect fitment".

ye boy

specifically made for it and still look like garbage

not that you can make a Fox look good anyway

sileighties are for newfags

>resale value
>not buying the car you like and enjoying it
Ok cuck

there was this jap magazine scan of an ae86 with an r32 front conversion but i can't seem to find it

this is a proper tuner real function

I love finding some common ground to customize cars from manufacturers. Almost in a modular sense. Some user turned me on to GC8 bumpers on 7th gen corollas.

bolt on fenders are SO gay dude

It's probably because all those mods are achievable for an amateur and don't require extensive fabrication knowledge or complicated certification; just bolt on some parts that are known to work.

The western civilized world gravitate toward oem+ modification. They try to keep outside as stock as possible while extracting most power from the engine. I partly blame the police for that.

>Posts pic of universal flares

>Uses a name

Look at this tricky trickster spewing his autistic mixture