Do you own a hot hatch because it's what you wanted, or out of necessity, due to practical/financial reasons...

Do you own a hot hatch because it's what you wanted, or out of necessity, due to practical/financial reasons? Would you have bought a proper sports car if you could afford to live with one?

I own a cold hatch.

Why is the sti there?

I was lured in by the hp, my dad hyped it a lot (they have a 2.5 normal 3 and looked at speeds before it), it was at a really good price and I drove 2 hours to look at it, didn't really wanna leave empty handed. I regret it a little because I realized the main thing I liked was sitting real low and having an engine behind me (mr2 before it) and I don't need the space at all right now but who knows about the future.

Same desu

I drive an Abarth, so a lukewarm hatch I guess. I like goofy retro styling and small cars, plus it was very cheap (Fiat depreciation). Also with the performance bits slapped onto the econobox supreme that is the base 500, it feels completely unrefined compared to some other hatches, so that's a plus or minus depending on your tastes.

Sport compacts, hot hatches, both tarted-up 4cyl turbo econobox, just with different amounts of doors.

>because it's what you wanted, or out of necessity, due to practical/financial reasons
A little of both. Preferably I like having a hot hatch and a nicer sports car. Hot hatches are a great second car cause they're really practical while still being fun enough that I don't hate driving it and it doesn't sit for too long.

The new "hyper hatches" like the A45 AMG, Focus RS, Golf R, etc are some of the best cars to get if you can only have one car though.
>Can haul a decent amount of stuff.
>Room for 4 friends
>85-90% of the performance and fun of a more purpose built fast car.

Practicality was the main reason I got a MS3. I traded my old 04 mazda rx-8 so more space, reliability, power, newer features and a working abs system.

>Would you have bought a proper sports car if you could afford to live with one?
Yes that's the end goal but I still would like to have some sort hot hatch or above average sedan car for practical reasons.

I ended up enjoying my MS3. It does enough for me to overlook it's short comings.

Its what i wanted.

The added bonus of being able to haul stuff is nice.

I could have afforded a BRZ or WRX or a lightly used Z or Mustang GT etc, I wanted the Fiesta.

Hopefully one day it'll be a rally-x beast.

If I was making the same amount as a civvie and living in one spot, I would have got an Abarth 124. Since I move from base to base a lot, I need to carry a lot of shit, so a Fiesta ST fits my needs perfectly. I actually liked the 2017 BRZ a little bit more, but

>no rebates vs 0% and 3000 off
>higher MSRP
>lolnotorque
>20% higher insurance rate
>would need to buy a roof rack to hold all my shit

I might have been able to get by with a V6 Camaro, but whatever, more money for my next car

I like hatchbacks for an everyday car.
I also like speeding.
The FoST meet those needs at a reasonable price.

I'm just autistic for hot hatches, they're a good value and I like carrying stuff.

I'm torn between the Fiesta ST and the Focus ST. Focus is a few grand more but it looks like it would suit me better. But everyone says the Fiesta is more fun to drive so I just need to check out both of them

Its what I wanted.
>go to stealership dad used to work at
>see a 2008 Golf (this was fall 2009)
>was debating between that or a 2005 Focus shitbox (but the Ford had a manual tranny)
>test drove the Golf
>took it home that day
Will admit I still regret not getting the Focus but only because it was $4k and a manual
Pic related, my shitty VAGshit shitbox

It won't.

Drive both then decide. Fiesta feels roomy for being small, Focus is a bit cramped for being larger (in the front seats).

Also know that they are both very tuneable, and the Fiesta gets loads better while retaining it's stock drivability and character. The Focus I feel loses it's nimbleness, but gains a hell of a lot of torque steer.

shrug

If I keep it long enough that I have a 2nd car I'd be more willing to consider it. While it's still doing daily duty I'd rather not Rally-x it.

I think for some reason I have trouble accepting that the Fiesta is roomier. I look at the two and I think there's just no way the Fiesta has a comfier interior with more space than the Focus, but that's what literally everyone says. That's cool

I'll check them both out and if the Fiesta feels less claustrophobic, that'll probably be what I lean towards.

I bought a shitbox ms3 because I used to have a mkii supra which was a shitty commuter and sucked up all my money trying to keep it alive. The mazda's both more practical and a lot better performing, and the change to fwd hardly matters since the supra was so underpowered you couldn't pull much in the way of skidz anyway. If I could I would have a comfy daily and a sports car, but I'm a poorfag so I just got something that accomplishes both roles well.

What is this leather/vinyl thing on the bonnet?

I bought my fiesta ST because I wanted it and it fit all my needs
>4 doors
>fun
>nice aftermarket to play in
>looks good (subjective)
it's perfect to me
>would you have bought a proper sports car
as of right now nah, I needed something to DD and I'd rather wait. Although once the Fiesta dies I'm getting an M2

nope, the Fiesta has an indeed more cramped interior than the Focus but not by much, the Fiesta has an interior larger than it looks, and the Focus has an interior smaller than it looks. Get it now?

no because im not some submissive cuck
>having a wife
>having kids
>not just rent a van for carrying things, if you really need to

Hatchbacks are too old fashioned. You're basically a hipster for owning one unless you live in a Eurocuck city with """""streets""""" so wide the average American would have trouble walking through one.

FiST owner here.

Bought a Hot Hatch because I wanted a fun DD, with a bit of performance for fun times, and the convenience of a small car to fit in my garage.

If I had garage space, I might have bought something bigger, but i'm happy with the car. It's great fun, although the ride is harsh over rough roads.

Front-end bra.

Bonnet bra ( as above )
Or sometimes called bonnet brow

It's still not a hatch.

is this a hot hatch?

Is the Fiesta st a good first car? I'm looking to get a small, cheapish (over a quick glance they go used from about 2008 they go for ~5k€) but fun vehicle in the next year and the more I read the more I'm getting in love with the Fiesta. I drove a focus 1.6 from 2003 I think and really liked it.

>loses it's nimbleness
Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about? I mean I know it's 4chinz and none of you faggots know what the fuck you're on about, but you could at least pretend a hell of a lot better than that.

Only a faggot would own a FiST. It offers nothing better compared to the FoST. Also here's a pro tip for all you cucks out there. Replace the FMIC and RMM asap if you end up buying a FoST.

>t. FoST owner Chad who never calls his car a Focus and used to own a Mustang before his wife made him buy something with 4 doors to drive her kids around in.

Ladies and gentleman, why I did not buy a Focus ST.

FiST owners are pretty chill, I don't know why there are so many twats who own FoSTs.

It's called a fag badge

Only achievable 'sports' car I'd take over it at this stage would be a GTV6 or a 944. It's way too fun to drive.

this
I have almost exclusively owned hatchbacks (with my f250 and 69 thunderbird as the exceptions) and I just really enjoy the aesthetics of hatchbacks, so I would own a hothatch over almost any conventional sportscar

Yea I own a FiST and I'm pretty relaxed and so are the very few other owners I've met but most FoST owners I meet are typical douchebags and highly annoying

FiST guys know what their car is: a fun little econobox. FoST guys get sucked into the culture of BOOOOOOOOST where it's a contest with eachother and Speed3/GTI owners to see how much HP you can extract out of a turbo before your engine explodes.

I bought one because I heard it was hilarious to drive and that is 100% true.

That's odd. Every fist owner I've met has been a fucking boyracer twat.

I own a [spoiler]Veloster Turbo[/spoiler], does that count?

>Do you own a hot hatch because it's what you wanted, or out of necessity, due to practical/financial reasons?

It's pretty much a law for American college students to either have a hatchback or SUV

>Would you have bought a proper sports car if you could afford to live with one?

Yes

I drive a Honda Fit now. I bought it because I wanted something small while still being practical.
I'm looking at maybe getting a Golf GTI because I want to stick with small and practical, but I'd like a little more power.

this is 100% true.
>YA WELL I'M MAKING 369 TO FROM 47 POUNDS OF BOOST WHAT ABOUT YOU BRAAAAAHHHHH
Almost every single FoST for sale has a big turbo swap in it.
I mean there's bound to be some