My wife is telling me to buy a "BMW 3" to replace my 2008 Mustang GT because she's pregnant

My wife is telling me to buy a "BMW 3" to replace my 2008 Mustang GT because she's pregnant.
I showed her a 3 series and she's like no, it's the SUV one. Oh, the X3.

Should I get the BMW X3? Because I just moved into a new job which gives me 25% off on specific BMW models. The X3 seems like a good family hauler. Should I do it?

>cucked by stacy

kek

Do what Stacey and Mr shekelstiens are telling you. There's a reason he gives you discounts on (((certain))) models

Come on, you can do better.

Shut up Caleb

>My wife is telling me to buy a "BMW 3" to replace my 2008 Mustang GT because she's pregnant.
Top kek. Who's the father?

Okay I was kidding. Get the CX-5 from Mazda. On the long run, that'll be cheaper to maintain. If you are rich and cant afford to maintain the car once the warranty runs over, get the X3. But from what I know X3s are pretty okay on maintenance. My grandad drives one and he says it is okay on money.

>and cant afford to maintain
I meant 'can'. Typo error.

OP here.

Finally a sensible reply. I know I shouldn't expect sensible stuff from Veeky Forums but not all are dickheads you know.

Okay, the new job has given me a jump from 50k to 90k a year. So I think I can afford the new X3. Thank you.

Babies fit in Mustangs, too. A Mustang isn't a fucking Miata.

Find a CTS-V wagon. Done.

bmw upkeep is over rated honestly
as long as it's not a 750 you should be a-ok

Easier to fuck around with a baby seat with four doors.

>co-worker drives a 1-Series
>each of his service bills is twice as high as my Corolla's
>and it's less reliable

Haha I get it. No problems, man. Happy buying!

Also congrats on being a dad!

Get a Charger. They're pretty much a family sedan with all the power of fun car.

What does your wife drive?

In real life people don't swap kid seats between cars regularly, it's too much fucking work. Odds are she'll be doing the kid hauling and anything you buy for that purpose will be a waste.

It'll be easier to just drive her car when all 3 of you go out together.

get a 3 series sport wagon

come on, you don't need 3 fucking seats for 1 baby

You're going to make your wife's son very happy.

>(1009*2)-1
>even considering a lifted 5 series station with some black plastics
Lmaoing at ur life op

throw your cuckniglet in the backseat of the cumstang you faggot

>spending almost half your salary on an x3
haha

This. the ride of a saloon, the utility of a crossover and no willies in your mouth

cuck

keep your mustang and buy her a mazda cx5
that's what I did

wtf I'm selling my m3 now

Did not happen.

Make her get it or fuck off. Keep the mustang if you like it.

A modest price to pay for not having to daily a corolla

get a harley davidson with a side car

get a fOrD FOCsusS

What is today's Volvo 850 R guise?

>marrying a woman who can't fend for herself

My wife drives whatever she wants as it's her money to spend.

Lease it, make sure the dealer takes it back and you have nothing further to do with it afterwards. If you follow this, you'll have a good experience.

Stop wasting money. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you buy a cuckover you should just kill yourself.

No, get a fucking X5 you fucking pleb.

I'm not going to comment on your life choices but for what it is the X3 is a decent car. My dad's had 2 and they've been fine.

Cx5 is a great car. Our 2013 (first year) just hit 160k with no major issues. The car is fun to drive but get the 2.5L or you will want more power.

Your wife only wants it because she wants to show off to her friends.

You could just as easily get any other SUV, ford escape, toyota highlander, honda whatever... Ect. Ect.

Theres no reason to buy a beamer, and no real reason to get rid of the mustang.

You're going to be taking it to the shop constantly to have repairs done. BMWs are fucking garbage as SUVs.

>cucked by Kimberly

Is that better

Why a fucking BMW? There's better and cheaper options out there. I don't understand why people spend so much in what they claim is to haul a baby around with. Just because your wife told you to?

>wife

Get an X6 M and then you both can be happy

This.
Why is she a brand whore?
A VW, a Skoda or anything other more reliable than a BMW would be preferable if she actually wants a 'family car'.

Buy her a Windstar and keep the damm mustang. Was good enough in '96 good enough today. Or a pre 92 Suburban....

>Your wife only wants it because she wants to show off to her friends.
Nothing wrong with that.
She has a good husband who is moving up in the world.
Why shouldn't she have a nice SUV with the child seat firmly strapped into the back seat? When they go places, they will be driving the car with the baby seat, so it might as well be the SUV or a crossover.

Three Chinese auto companies make an affordable version of the BMW-X5 for various markets all over the world. One of the companies is Shuanghuan Auto. Their version of the BMW X5 killer is the SCEO sometimes referred to as the CEO.

Probably a Camaro owner lmao

This OP.
Don't be responsible for putting yet another woman in a fucking german crossover on the road.
It's YOUR MONEY. At the very least keep the stang to preserve your dick. They are cheap to maintain.

>1 kid
>HURR DURR GET A SUV™

>His wife wants him to buy a (((crossover)))
You may as well kill yourself now OP
If she's not being plowed by tyrone while you're at work she will be soon

shit how are you pitting so many miles on it?

>BMW SUV
For what reason. If you want it for a family car the xc90 is probably the best in the market, and if you want a sporty car: it's a fucking SUV.

Just buy an estate for her.

Nothing wrong with it other than its retarded.

Don't do it man. Get a CX5 or like a Tucson or a Sportage. You'll be much sufficied with that.

Get any German or any car that is expensive to repair once you have a salary of more than 120k.

Nice quads there but ya it seems like she just wants that badge.

This. Totally this.

Tel your wife to go buy it herself.

>$90K salary
>new BMW

It's the family shitbox. I DD an LS400 and my parents have an A6. We use the Mazda when we don't want to sully our luxury sedans lol. It gets driven every day for at least a couple hours

No. The new X3 is shit. Literally no point if you only have one kid.

Not everyone in Veeky Forums is a poorfag or just starting out in life or is in school. Past threads have had business owners, retirees, doctors, and engineers post. And many career jobs are 75K or more. The local mechanics at the dealership are 70K and up with benefits, 401K, and profit sharing from monthly bonuses which makes them a lot. The sign in the customer service area brags about the shop as no commission for anyone, but having a monthly bonus and quarterly bonus is the same thing as commission.

What luxury sedans are you referring to?

90K is popcorn money for middle class America. And we're talking about some cuck buying a German luxury car for a family of 3 on that income.

For the price, why not upgrade to a midsize SUV?

For the price of an X3 you can get a well loaded 4Runner and she'll last you for hundreds of thousands of miles or 5 years with excellent resale.

What kind of onion do you identify as?

Buy a CX-5, or close comparable, instead of the X3 then save the monthly payments into a savings/investment/etc account for your newborn's future college or home.

NO
get a wagon, like an e class amg wagon
shoe her a bunch of stuff about how safe and comfortable and big the interior is

don't have a pic of the older w211 generation, but get that one

>buying a badge whore CUV

>90K is popcorn money for middle class America.
My city has a MEDIAN household income of $83k. That of course includes retirees, active workers, unemployed, and students in off-campus housing.

lol, you daily drive a Corolla and he daily's a bimmer.
>h-h-ha what an idiot right guys? i'm smart with my jap shit right guys?

Just get a Chevy ss. A fraction of the price, still a good family hauler.

You don't need a crossover to haul a shitmaker around.

The SS is understated, but fun to drive and has the extra doors in the back to get the kid in and out of.

The mustangs rear seats are the perfect size for a baby

That graph is the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen. You should probably kill yourself.

Stick with the mustang, you're already gonna have a headache with the kid and then an even bigger headache without a fun car. Not to mention if it's cheaper to buy "certain" models, then just buy another.

1. Why doesn't your wife have a job?
2. 25% off is really maybe 10% off what they are charging you if you know how to haggle.
3. The backseat of the x3 is straight garbage. You're literally buying it for the brand. A used 335i would suffice or even a 535i if you really wanted a Beemer.
4. Only faggots buy the x3.

Honestly a STi is more practical and costs less than a x3.

t. Dad of twins

lol. Is this the same faggot I saw the other day who claims he can negotiate 25% off new vehicles from dealers? lol. Kill yourself you lying faggot.

>You don't need a crossover to haul a shitmaker around.
This. Craziest fucking thing I notice about parents nowadays is they need a huge crossover or a Suburban like vehicle for their 2 kids and all their bulky baby shit.

You can raise two kids PERFECTLY fine in a compact 4 door. I'm sure many of you guys here can attest to growing up like that.

>Chevy ss
This

My GC8 STI hauls the kids around just fine.

No? What the fuck are you on about? You can haggle any car for at least 15%. He is only getting a true 10% discount. In 5 years that car will depreciate over 50%. I like BMWs too, but the X series are garbage family cars. Deal with it faggot.

The absolute most you will get off any new dealer car is 13, maaaaaaaybe 14%. The absolute top bottom of the barrel deal. If you say otherwise you are a stupid lying faggot.

I got 4k off my STi so that's 12% and I helped my parents buy a Toyota Sienna for 5k off so that's 16%. He's not buying an M edition or anything fancy. Sorry you can't haggle to save your life.

lol. wew we got a badass over here. look at this professional haggler who got a deal from the dealership...man i bet they totally took a bath after how much you worked 'em bro.
>hurr durr "I'm a haggler, mom!"

if you can get that with your salary, then i can surely finance a used Maserati with my 125xxx, thanks OP :^)

Not the guy you're sperging at, but... Wow, you really are fucking salty about how much you paid for your car. Get over it, fuccboi.

Use your discount to lease the X3. Repeat every 2-3 years. (Assuming you can afford it.)

All the negativity here stems from social class envy.

In b4:
>I made $XXXk last year and I wouldn't step foot in that [inset pejorative]

The old adage is true, you can't buy class.

Ausfag here

these are already classics here in aus

Just fucking get one

>The old adage is true, you can't buy class.
But that is exactly what OP is attempting to do.

>The absolute most you will get off any new dealer car is 13
In 2015, I went to the dealer and bought a new basic american 2016 car. MSRP at $26.600 and sold to me the same day for $21.200 cash price so they didn't even make money from financing. For the price, they also threw in some freebies such as floor mats, logo caps on the alloy wheels, license plate holder on the front, and metallic tire stem caps. The odometer had 9 miles on it when I received it.

Not true.

>But that is exactly what OP is attempting to do.
That is what his wife wants. OP already has a mustang that will is sufficient for baby seats. But his wife wants a bigger SUV that can run over someone else just in case.

things that never happened

How could he afford to own either car on that shit income without borrowing like a high-school whore?

thats_the_joke.bmp

Sister and I grew up just fine in a 1990 Mazda 626, baby seat and stroller on board for sister (because back then parents weren't as big dumbasses and you didn't need super bulky ultra safety comfort cruiser pusher strollers) and I was made to walk walk walk.

This.
It seems to predominantly a burger phenomenon. Women follow trends, which explains why they prefer SUVs and crossovers once they popped one or two babies out.

This. Me and two other siblings grew up in an Acura Integra and a Passat. No SUV needed until a fourth kid came.

The only sensible reply. If OP wants to be a faggot liar, it should go back to plebbit.