Hellcat Widebody

>still milking this ancient platform

allpar.com/news/2017/06/rumored-challenger-hellcat-widebody-its-real-38111

Basically 305 tires on all 4 corners to defeat terrible handling with a shitload of stupid grip.

Because mexicans and other lowlifes continue to buy them.

it looks like an aftermarket addon lmfao

>ancient
stay mad weeb / eurofag

But it's literally on a platform that's over 10 years old, which in turn is based on an even older Mercedes platform. Calling it ancient isn't shitposting, it's just flat out true.

Is dat da new rocket bunny 240

but the question is, is it really competing with those two cars or are you just a boomer fag stuck in the 70s muscle car wars mentality?

>Basically 305 tires on all 4 corners to defeat terrible handling with a shitload of stupid grip.
No, 305 tires on all 4 corners, so you have two sets of race tires. You put a set of skinnies up front, and it's basically the perfect factory drag car that isn't Demon-tier rare.

Just imagine how much quicker it'd be with a modern FCA chassis similar to a stretched Giulia. The Demon is already the fastest accelerating production car despite being on a 20 year old Merc chassis.

It's ancient by any measure.

>it is inferior to both the mustang and the camaro
Why would that matter though? It's not designed to compete with ponycars.

>70s muscle car wars mentality?

First off, the muscle car wars were in the 60's, and the Camaro and Mustang aren't muscle cars - they're pony cars.

So we agree that the Challenger is not in direct competition with the Camaro and the Mustang.

Who so serious?

>the mustang and the camaro
In the rearview mirror.

reminder that the hellcat is slower than a Mustang Ecoboost around a track. lol

Not like niggers and boomers care

still slower. sperg harder

also reported for racism

Looks cool. Props for giving people the option of the flares without the Demon engine.

Lmao, there are like 50 variants of this fucking car. This is just FCA's way of letting everyone know that the Challenger will be permanently cancelled.

Can I please find out what that gif is?

>the option of the flares without the Demon engine
Who would want that?

People who want to fit 305 tires for extra grip, but can't afford a Demon.

>building a Challenger for grip
But why?

Because you need grip to launch 707hp in a straight line.

>707hp
>but without the demon engine
wot

The Demon has 840hp, the Hellcat has "only" 707.

My bad, I was uninformed here.

>yfw the challenger's platform is older than most of Veeky Forums

Make a fun v8 car that I can fit my kids in during the week and have cheap hooker sex in the back on the weekends and I'll stop buy it. Until then, this is literally the only car to satisfy the above criteria.

>W210 first made in 1995
>Born in 1994
I was 1 year old when the granddaddy of the LX platform came to life. Damn.

>Make a fun v8 car that I can fit my kids in during the week and have cheap hooker sex in the back on the weekends
Chevrolet SS.

It uses W211 rear suspension though, don't know how different that is from the W210.
In any case, the W220 (of which it borrowed the front suspension) came out in '98 so it's still almost 20 years old.

>Because mexicans and other lowlifes continue to buy them
What are you talking about? S/o/viet couldn't afford a Hellcat. He can barely afford to live.

I could get a 2 year lease on a hellcat easily though

If you got a problem? Use a car. And if that don't work? Use more car.

>But it's literally on a platform that's over 10 years old
>We should change it simply because it's old
I'll take slow evolution over pointless revolution in car design any day.