Talk me out of the focus st

Currently driving a soul sucking 13 Corolla le and have been looking at new cars. Focus st seems like an insanely nice upgrade for not much more money. Ford is doing 4k back and 0% for 72 bringing these down in price quite a bit. Test drive on sat

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/cars/ford/focus/2013/2013-mazdaspeed3-ford-focus-st-subaru-wrx-special-edition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try a Fiesta ST if you can and compare them. Won't talk you out of it, people love ST's for good reason.

make your own fucking decisions

>this
But fiesta ST is better in every way and cheaper

>getting a 72 month loan

as long as you pay it off early (with no penalties), its not really an issue. if youre doing a 72 month loan bc thats all you can afford, thats an issue.

I'll ask to text drive one of those too but I'd rather the larger vehicle for dd.

yeah and OP is talking about how the 72 month loan will "bring it down a bit"

so he is making a poor decision

op also said it's 0% apr which is only offered in 60-72 months. ford credit is pretty good I have a friend who got an ST with the 0% offer, and also several family members for other cars.

this
honestly the space difference isn't that bad. the focus rear seats are just as unusable if you don't want to sit

I got a 72 month loan on my ST for 0% even though I had enough money in savings to pay it off entirely. I'm not paying any extra, so why not? If I decide I want to upgrade a year or two earlier, it's a non-issue.

I'll definitely test drive one, they are much cheaper. I'm a welder so money isn't too much of an issue, just frugal as a jew hence the Corolla. Just want something fun, just got a 2nd family car from parents in the form of a Honda accord.

Currently looking at a Fiesta ST. Didn't know about the 4k back thing

ST fag reporting in

4k looks like it's only for the focus at my dealership. That makes the price of the focus st cheaper than the fiesta.

I see two wheels on the sts, these are the ones I want, which ones are they?

>72
jesus user.

T O R Q U E S T E E R

They only got put on the ST's from 2014 and up. Mine is a 2015.

you can pay off loans early, ding dong

I bought my ST about 3-4 months ago. So far I like it but the exhaust sounds so fucking weak and stupid. Especially when you get into the 5k-redline rpm range

no one who can pay off a loan early gets a loan for 72 months to begin with user.

My Mountune exhaust sounds nice. Wish I could hear it over my sound symposer with the windows up.

Paid about 100$ extra for the first 10 months in the rolla ;) paying an extra 40 to each mortgage payment too on a locked 3.125%

How much did it cost you?

>I've never driven one

Not that torque steer has ever been a problem for anyone who isn't a severely malnourished womanlet driving a 500HP Mazdaspeed3, but regardless; the ST has no noticeable torque steer.

Mazdaspeed3 better

>more power
>hood scoop
>happy face
>LSD
>dat Mazda handeling
>not a Ford
>brakes last more than a week

Don't exist

I don't remember. I used a 15% off coupon code on an MR230 kit while it was on sale. It's cheaper to buy it through Mountune directly than ordering it from a Ford dealer.

>literally the same chassis

Speed3 if you want more top-end at the expense of turbo lag. ST if you want midrange and faster spool. Hood scoop is a bonus though.

motortrend.com/cars/ford/focus/2013/2013-mazdaspeed3-ford-focus-st-subaru-wrx-special-edition/

Sorry to benchrace, but it's slower

how much is your mortgage payment

400, took a good chunk out with a big down payment.

The Focus ST absolutely has torque steer and owners will tell you so.

I wouldn't tell them that you plan to use your phone, but testing everything you can is generally a good idea. You'll never regret going on too many test drives, but too few will leave a real sour pit in your stomach when you realize your mistake.

I just looked at a FiST near me and damn it's so comfy. I was afraid it would be cramped but it's not. I want it. And I can afford it, and 8 could get financing through my bank for probably 48 months or shorter.

Boys I might do it

Always get nicked from your driveway.

Oh dear, not a slightly used hatchback!
Gotta soak up that sweet sweet depreciation.

It's not just a different turbo.
You get a proper LSD instead of an obscene brake eating "vectoring".

It may be faster on the track but not on a road goofing around...

It's really not that big of a deal.

i have a 13 with a few power mods and appropriate tune. only torque steered hard a handful of time and it was when the traction wasn't best - some gravel on road leaving a parking lot, and in the wet

really not even that strong when it does happen

>ford
Enjoy your paperweight

>ford drivers can't even post a picture correctly

>Buying a performance oriented FWD shitbox.

Y make these suspect financial decisions?

buy the RS you cheap fuck

>all this samefagging from a bus rider

>implying implications
maybe we all just understand how shit modern ford is

If I wanted to get into manuals but I don't have much experience is a Fiesta ST a good car to start looking at?

>talk me out of it
Why would I do that?

i love that happy boy on your dash

Have you tried turning the traction control AND electronic stability off on your corolla? I thought mine was the boringest car ever until I found out how to turn them off, it makes a yuge difference in feeling.

>Room for two cars

>Only see one

???

wife is at the bulls house

Getting a cheaper long term loan is what financially intelligent people do.

not on depreciating assets

Post your car.

i know that feel bro

i drive a 12 lancer, and the car i wanted was a evo bug i aint dishing out 40k for a car.

no thanks I ride the bus

>getting a loan to buy a 22k car
>financially intelligent people
no lol. financially intelligent people don't take out loans to buy cars

I agree, financially intelligent people ride the bus

What do you make in a year mate? Do you live with your mummy?

They do. But never for a 22k car. Only the poor get 72 months loan for that.

This

>tfw to smart to buy a car

>72 months

it's too expensive for you OP

buy a used equivalent or just get a semi-beater daily driver

talk to me when people can get 10 miles away on a local bus in less than half an hour

too late

Is the ST the most popular vehicle on this board?

70k/yr 1 year out of college. I live on my own and could easily qualify for a (((loan))) but I'm not going to buy a new car until I can actually afford it. Hopefully that comes sooner rather than later via the stock market but if it has to be the old fashion strictly saving way so be it

if you can't afford the car, don't buy it. Drive a shitty used car, save up, and then buy what you want. Taking out a loan just insures that you pay more than you would've paid, and when you tell them you want to pay in cash but I want to pay X price they are much more open to negotiate.

This is how financially savvy people operate

ST's from the past 4 years, old Civics or Mazda Miatas are probably the top 3, I'm sure. They're 3 different types of affordable enthusiast car.

0% apr

The FiST is one of them.
The FoST doesn't get as much love for some reason.

It's around Veeky Forums pretty frequently think it's just that it's slightly more expensive and slightly less what people want out of a hot hatch. So the Fiesta seems like the more obvious choice. I like the look of the Focus more, though, but I'll probably end up with a Fiesta.

don't understand why. the FiST is lame looking. It looks like a baby car t b h

Thats because the base fiesta looks lame.
A bodykit can only do so much.

Is the Fiesta ST the Honda Grom of cars? If you buy one, you have nothing to brag about, and won't impress anybody. It's purely a car someone buys for their own enjoyment.

>via the stock market
This is how you can tell he's full of shit.

it amazes me how many people don't understand how special financing deals work on Veeky Forums

But user, the other guy says he can afford a car using the stock market, you should believe him instead.

That's probably a good way to put it. Hot hatches are a hard sell to begin with. I didn't even know they were a thing before I started coming to Veeky Forums. But I do think the ST's have a bit of a reputation for being good cars now though. You'll impress a couple of people. Dads hate them. They want you to buy the Camaro of their dreams.

Why would you get anything with an ST badge when the GTI and Golf R exists?

I currently own VAGshit (Golf) and I'm about 80% sure my next car will be a FiST or FoST depending on how not-a-poorfag I am in the near future. Fite me IRL

Because ST's are more fun than GTI's, and the Golf R is in a different price range (in which an RS, STI, CTR is more fun and doesn't have shitty Haldex)

The interior is shit and the ride is harsh. I know most people don't care about those things, but that's what swayed me to the focus.

>But fiesta ST is better in every way and cheaper
>250 hp vs 197

??????

Is there any reason not to get the FoRS?

If you can afford one, just get a Mustang GT

lmaooo tom cruise!!!

a deals a deal

fuck you. a mustang is not anywhere near the same type of car someone wanting to get hot hatch. fuck your pigfat bullshit

>Hating on hot hatches

Gr8 b8

I learned to drive manual in my ND, you cam learn manual ez in any car

>made in china

No wonder Ford is just behind Fiat in terms of reliability.

Meme tax, no incentives, 40k and up for a fucking focus.

These things are going for 18k in my area. I'm thinking if just buying one outright for a fun second car. How are they reliability wise?

interior quality. my biggest complaint as an ST owner. the dash is awful and everything feels fuck huge
test drive wrx first then make a choice

>Why would you get anything with an ST badge when the GTI and Golf R exists?

Cheaper to maintain long-term, plus VW has spotty quality if they're made in Mexico, my brother's GTI has been borderline lemon status with the amount of shit that's gone wrong over the year and a half that he's had it. Golf R is good, but I would probably still have an RS, STI, or a used Evo first.

Are you the user who was looking at Focuses worried about the Fiesta being too small looking at it from the outside?

>he doesn't invest his money
>he takes out loans to buy cars
enjoy working in your late 70s

You say that like Ford doesnt also make their stuff in Mexico, poorfag

you're comparing a 20k car to a 40k car....your """argument""" is only validating what a great buy a FoST/FiST is.

>he doesn't have any credit
Good luck saving 400k for that house you want to buy. Also if you make as much as me, the mortgage income tax credit is too good to pass up.

I have two credit cards, I'm renting the apartment I live in, and have no debt. My credit score is A-okay.

A GTI/R feels like a Golf with a bit more power. Cushy, comfy, soft, heavy.
An ST feels more raw, more sporty, more hardcore, more fun. It delivers its power more aggressively, the ride is firmer, the car feels more nimble than a Golf. STs are also a good 5k cheaper than the equivalent GTI here.

I feel like if you want a comfy DD that you have to drive long distances but can still have some fun with, get a GTI. If you want a fun car you can still use every day, get an ST.