I like sporty looking sedans, I like manual, I like RWD, and I like V8s...

I like sporty looking sedans, I like manual, I like RWD, and I like V8s, especially ones that can make a lot of power with little money. Tell me Veeky Forums, why should I not get a Chevy SS?
Inb4
>Muh automatic
>Muh GM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=05yUpaaWMZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can get it with a stick, chief.

BTFO
T
F
O

Takata deathbags?

Or the GM suicide ignition switch?

it's minor seatbelt tensioner issues and wiper blade problems you dumbasses

>b-but it's so cheap, German sedans can't compete!!

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

did i ever bring price up you dipfuck, it is also cheaper and has minor issues that may or may not occur

Cars are being recall for minor stuffs all over, just look at Toyota. Manufacteurs just want to make sure everything it's fine.

>literally playing russian roulette with his car

GM FANGIRLS ARE UNIRONICALLY THIS RETARDED

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

how is it russian roulette because the seatbelt maybe won't tighten? I see that you are actually a tumor to this board, do you even have a car?

because it might fail and kill you???

and yes, a 70's GMC k10

that's rad actually, why do you hate gm if you have a squarebody

LMAO. GM FANGIRLS BTFO!

you just answered your quaestion

also I don't hate it, just like shitposting

too bad the pontiac g8 isnt still around. thats a really decent car, even if it is pigfat

isn't the Chevy SS just a camaro frame with a malibu body around it?

the new camaro uses a different platform

That is why I want it...

The reason why this car is trash is the same reason why the 6 cylinder genesis is trash. On paper, it has the right specs, but the final product is just a sort of mish mash of parts from other models and is put together without any regard for overall "driving feel" - if that makes any sense.

What car should I get instead? Also I didn't plan on leaving it stock, which is why I was looking at this car. You can get 600whp pretty easily from this car with no forced induction.

memes aside it is a good car tho

You can find used Cadillac CTS, Pontiac G8 or something like that

For that price, get a Challenger 392. Or a used Hellcat.

If you are planning on modding, you are good to go. The magna ride suspension is great. The engine just feels a little softer than the unit in the Camaro. Easily fixed.

there is no reason not to get it, it's a great car

I looked at the CTS-V, but imo they look ugly except or the 2016 model, which isn't exactly cheap.

Yeah, I have heard good things about the suspension. And since the tranny can handle 600 lb.-ft. of torque (people say it is underrated) and it comes with an LS3, I figured it would be a perfect car for what I want.

you dislike all the years except the 2016?

How about the pontiac G8?

you are telling me you can take the 6.2 L V8 in the SS and add roughly 200+ HP via "simple mods" easy?

I call fucking BULL SHIT

>paying $20k for a 10 year old GM sedan

You can get V8 chargers from 2015 for roughly the same price with very low mileage while crushing a G8 GT in every category

I don't know if they make chargers in manual

I never said simple. I just said relatively inexpensive.

Pretty much. I forgot about the G8. But I also like the idea of having a car with low miles. But I will look more into them and see what I think.

Look, the SS is a fine car if all you're looking for is a fat comfy bruiser. It's not a corner carver and nor is it particularly rewarding to toss around - but it does have a 4.5 second 0-60 time and you'll feel like a hero when you mash your foot into the gas pedal. It's also a 4 door sedan and is relatively practical... minus the amount of gas guzzeled.

That gas usage is pretty ridiculous and the car itself is still relatively expensive, plus manuals are rare - the only thing against the SS is that there are other cars that you can get that are better at different things. but might not be as practical. Like a C6 Z06 can be cheaper, faster, way better handling... but 2 seats. You could get an SRT Charger for much less for a V8 sedan, but shittier interior and ultimately not as fast. If we're talking new-ish prices, you can get a Focus RS, a lightly used M3.... etc.

Jaguar XJ Supercharged

youtube.com/watch?v=05yUpaaWMZE

That's not right Bro. You can get closer to 500rwhp without forced induction. But even a basic blower will give you the 600 you want.

It's highly regarded by every reviewer.

You can get there with a top end kit and new cylinders.

Gas isn't an issue. I drive a Ford Ranger and get 16 if I am careful. Most of the time I get 13-14. And I will have a motorcycle to put around town with.

The XJ looks like and old people car.