ITT we post what's under our hood

Let's change things up. Post your innards!

Yeah I really can't compete in this thread.

115HP of fury

>tfw na v6 making only 260whp
>nigga has supercharged v8 with more hp at the wheels than 3 of my neighbor's cars at the crank combined

We can compete for slowest ITT

Good spark plugs placement user, must be easy to change!

>stock intake

Boomer who never goes over the speed limit and only drives on Sundays detected

See

now post yours

You and me both lel

Got the worst of both worlds f.a.m.s :^)

modern airboxes are generally pretty well-designed. especially on an FI car, you'll see pretty much all the gains you can make from an upgraded filter, and maybe an inlet pipe depending on design.

my car currently holds the very prestigious and illustrious internet record for fastest recorded timeslip from a 2009-current A4 on pump gas (very low bar, people dont build/race these things because if they wanted to then they just get an S4 instead), and im running the stock airbox and stock catback exhaust.

I know its a different engine but fwiw I remember reading about a 4g63t eclipse/talon that made something like 430hp with the stock intake

>spend 500 on a K&N meme air filter
>707HP to 708HP

Not much to look at thanks to Germans and their love of plastic.

I'm not going to lie, it looks nice.

Do you even ecoboost bro?

yeah, those a bit older and it's only gotten better with newer cars and ecus. b8 and up audis run off pid tuning and are basically set to hit a certain torque value and will automatically adjust lots of parameters including boost and timing itself to hit that value.

having a 'restrictive' intake wont do anything except cause your turbo to have to suck a little bit harder, but it will still hit its requested values which are logged at the map sensor right before the tb, so it could be sucking through a straw but itd just close the wastegate a bit longer to make up for it. now if its at the limits of its efficiency range this could cause it to run too hot or surge. but if youre not at that limit, it wont affect your power output at all, really. especially not if youre running bigger IC or meth.

my car is close to 400 chp on the stock airbox and exhaust. any more than that though and id probably have to upgrade since that'd involve tossing on a non-stock-mounting-location turbo.

>he actually paid 30k for a v6
Also
See

I'll just post whats under your guys hood since you won't do it.

25 actually. And it's got a hell of a lot more power then the Vespa you're riding

Muh veeate

Gotta hide it from the unknowing consumer. SCARY ENGINES!!!!!

If I take the plastic off will it die

Cheap thrills at 9k

I've heard that it's for reducing the noise of modern direct injection engines. The injectors click pretty loudly, I guess.
It would be extremely painful.

>I've heard that it's for reducing the noise of modern direct injection engines. The injectors click pretty loudly, I guess.
yep, thats the main reason. even brand new DI motors sound like diesels with 200k miles on them when you take it off. they work surprisingly well.

Do's and don'ts of cleaning your engine bay?

LS3?

>getting baited this easily

Also with oil weights getting thinner and thinner in modern engines valvetrain noise is very apparent

use a pressure washer filled with distilled or deionized water (doesnt conduct electricity)

Why do you have 2 engines, and why is 1 sideways?

this is hot

On higher displacement cars, such as V8s, intakes have been dyno proven to be an easy bolt on 15whp without a tune. Anything over 10whp you will feel the difference in power, plus they sound cool.

that a 3v? How do you like it? I'm trying to decide between getting one now and dumping 5k+ in mods or wait until next year and get an early coyote mustang but not have much money for mods if I do that.

nice

it beats corvettes

Oh yeah. Yours an LS1?

nvm just realized your is also 5th gen/LS3

Bread on lmao 6 cylinders

>spark plug wires not properly aligned in the holder
FIX IT.

If you're going to pretend to be autistic at least get it right and also notice this clamp he forgot to put back.

Not the best pic, but only one I have around

don't mind me

same shit

112 c.i. of Hiroshima Fury™.

this engine is an absolute turd

>Autotragic

this fwd slushbox only needs to last me until the end of the summer, then it's gone

completely stock 3800 series III

1/3

2/3

3/3, incredibly bad pic of my equally bad attempt at intercooling my CA18ET

It's an ECOBOOST in case you guys can't tell. ;)

*was

Feels good man

> not riding a rear engine bus

Optifuck Lt1 reporting in

Better engineering than GM I'd say.

amidoinitrite

Ea888 189HP

The old boat anchor.

noice.

full of pussy here

dieselbros ww@