Are tinted windows Veeky Forumspproved?

Are tinted windows Veeky Forumspproved?

I just got a new car and I can't decide if I want to do it or not.

Are you good at basketball?

A little bit is nice and can be practical, especially if you live where the sun always shines. The darker you go the more retarded you look. That's pretty much it.

35% so I don't get baked and my cloth interior doesn't turn pink from the sun damage.

Use to tint windows.

I think everyone should at least tint their windows to 35 simply for the benefits from blocking out some of the sun.

With that being said:

>Don't get a brow unless you absolutely want or need one
>don't tint your windshield
>don't go below 20 or 15 or you'll look like a dumbshit and you'll most definitely get shit from the police
>make sure you get all matching tint
>stay the fuck away from dyed film
>carbon or ceramic is ok
>don't bitch if it takes a bit to get done

Doesn't take much to accidently break a pin popping a door panel off or cracking the windshield removing the mirror, so let them take their fucking time.

I have 20% in my rear and side windows.

Have 80% in my front and windshield + top strip.

Helps a lot with Cali heat.

it's illegal to have tinted windows in Canada aside from backseat and rear glass baka
had front windows tinted to 35 and got a $70 ticket for it

Is there such a thing as 40%? I kind of figure that i might want some leeway just in case some cop's machine is off by a few % and she/he's in a bad mood. 35% is the max legal amount around here.

Get preferred darkest tint on your vehicle following state/country rules.

>Be Texan
>Have clear UV tint on entire front windshield
>The rest is 35%

Do what you want, it's your own damn car. The people on this board are fucking retard shortbus riders.

I just don't want to look like a V A P E G O D.

You won't, you'll just look like a negro

There should be. Where I live the legal limit is 35% and the ceramic tint installer used 40% to keep them within range. I havent been pulled over yet.

Hell no, the cops already have enough reasons to shoot me. It's staying however it came from the dealer.

35% is good to keep your car cool in the sun, and privacy at night. 25% will give you privacy during the day, but you will be silhouetted.

Pro Tip: Whenever you get pulled over, turn dome lights on, roll window down, keep hands on steering wheel. Make it easy for the cop to see you are not a threat. If the cop has a hard time seeing into the vehicle, he will be more likely to right you for tint(or shoot you).

BTW if you can produce your IDs/insurance/ etc before the cop get out of his car, great. If the officer is walking up on your car, stop fiddle fucking, and diddle-poking, just put your hands on the wheel.

If you've got a Subaru with stupid the stupid 10 inch wide, low offset wheels, then there is no way that you won't look like a fucking vapelord, period.

I don't, I have a station wagon so don't worry. It was just at the top of Google Images.

If you're White, Asian or female there's no way the cop is going to fucking draw on you unless you've got a gun in plain sight and they see you reaching for it.

Then you'll be fine, no one cares about tints on a normal vehicle in an area that gets hot in the summer.

dark tint is good if you live in an area with a lot of basketball americans. night time they cant see the $800 iphone you left on the seat.

You bought UV tint? Seriously?

I hear it looks like shit at night when there are oncoming cars.

well the issue is that modern auto glass has UV protection in it.

I have a old shitbox.

Lol what where in canada?

Tuff looking sti

Lmao faggot.

If your car is of average or low height and small to medium size then yeah it's alright. If you drive a truck or SUV with tinted windows you can go fuck yourself. Nobody wants to be stuck opposite you at an intersection because they can't see oncoming traffic through your fat black ass.

I have 5% all around, minus windshield. Just a brown there.
It's on a tacoma in Coastal TX, so almost mandatory there.

No complaints for me. I say do 20%

I would tint my back windows super dark, but not my front windows. Non-tinted windows have the best visibility, especially at night. I have a backup camera, so rear visibility isn't as much of a concern.

35 on windows, 50 on windshields
It's the only way to do it.

Spend it on a big cam instead you nigger

the eternally cucked leaf

>Are tinted windows Veeky Forumspproved?
You MUST do it if you live in Arizona. Otherwise the combination of heat and ultraviolet will cook your car's interior even though you use a windshield screen and a rear window screen. The summer sun is amazingly fierce. There was that time two prisoners managed to escape from Florence (arizona prison). They made it about one mile in the 110 degree heat and died. They were killed by freedom!

>it's illegal to have tinted windows in Canada
I see a ton of tinted driver and front passenger windows in Richmond, British Columbia Canada. So the police must not be enforcing the law. I drive up occasionally as a tourist from Seattle, but I assume the CMP sees my USA plates and leaves me alone. They want their tourist dollars aftter all.

>You bought UV tint?
Not that guy, but there is a specialty clear film just for front windshield (you can put it elsewhere like home windows). It's quite expensive compared to regular tint because it is high clarity film with extremely uniform surface. So it looks invisible once on the glass. The extreme uniformity is apparent if you look at your other darkly tinted windows at an angle and move your head around. If it is good film of high clarity, the image doesn't waver or change. And there is no distortion from looking at the image from the side or straight on if the underlying adhesive is thin and of high clarity.

My state disallows any film to be added to the windshield (even clear) more than the top 6 inches of window starting from the outside edge of the window glass proper. Since the seam and headliner covers up about 2 inches already, that means only the top 4 visible inches from inside the cabin would have tint.

Too much tint and you will look like a short bus.

Fuck no, I hate people who do that shit
I like to see through the window of the car in front of me so I can anticipate hazards before they occur
tinted windows are unsafe

Literally the only reason I have tinted windows is so I can get car bjs in daylight from backpage hookers

Which park are y'all playin'?

25% on the side rear and rear
Maximum comfy.

Pro-tier visibility during the day and night with city lights
Maximum effective Anti SUV HID light blockage from the rear
25% still allows you to see through the rear

>tfw 20%
Feels good

yes, keeping the interior cooler is a good thing and helping reduce sun damage on the interior is nice

>with stupid the stupid

absolutely proper/10

I also like those clear/slightly blue colored light UV tints (llumar air and 3m crystalline)

>not being with Stupid: The Stupid

What's the recommended if I don't want people to be able to see in at night but don't care during the day?

25 all around except for the front

35 front 15 back on a wagon (legal is 75/35). Car has a moonroof though, with one of those sunshade fabrics and light always passes through especially on sunny days.

I hate it when the fronts don't match the rest of the windows.