Stepsides - WHY???

Tell me Veeky Forums, whats the matter with stepsides?

I mean ok, wow, the bed is flat on the inside but its so much narrower? Why the hell would anyone buy this? Whats the usefulness behind having a narrower bed???

none it's an anachronism from when cars and trucks had separate fenders

You can step on the side. The styling on the older Chevy stepsides just look so fucking good to me as well

Easier to make, especially in a time where panels were still shaped by hand.

Reeeeeee

it looks cool

What does it matter to you? Is your tism acting up again Timmy?

>owns a stepside
Older look desu. Back when you could ride people without seatbelts they'd just hop on the sides and ride with you. Also makes ot easoer to access stuff in the bed for people woth shitty backs like me. More an aesthetic reason now desu. You dont really see much of them now

why do you give a fuck you sutpid autism hillary clinton voter

>Reeeeeeee he doesnt like something I do like

Because oldfags

It makes it easier for your homies to jump in the back after they rob the local crack den.

>Whats the usefulness behind having a narrower bed?

Easier to unload crap out of the back when wheel wells don't intrude into the bed and give something for branches and other crap to hang up on.

>give something for branches and other crap to hang up on.

Are your wheel wells covered in welded-on steel hooks or something? Because mine are sleek and perfectly rounded and never anything caught up there being harder to unload.

OP is right imho. The only reason for stepsides is when your daily business is hauling plywood boards so they may lay totally flat in the bed.

For virtually every other reason I can think of the styleside is better because wider.

Also:
>I need the step because its better to grab stuff from the bed

Yeah, "bro", dont lift your truck like crazy and you can do that with a styleside

Crap would be easier to unload if it was a proper bed in the first place and not a style-over-purpose solution that blends into the body.

Stepsides a qt, especially older ones. A lot of later stepsides look utterly stupid though where the rear wells were still rounded and the cockpit and front were completely blocky, or in the 90s when Ford started making every vehicle soap bar shaped.

OP here.

So it all boils down to

>Looks good on older trucks

Great....

Basically.

And "older" should mean made before the mid-60s. Because check pic related.

Horrible

BTW: What the heck is wrong with Captcha these days?

>muh old trucks must've step sides

Yeah, nah. Here, 9000 hours on Photoshop but you get the idea. 1955 style side F100

Git good step fags

That looks like ass

But wait, it gets worse.

makes it easy to get into your diamond deck toolbox t b h

>ford slipside

To be honest square bedsides only work on trucks that have square fronts as well.

Chebby ShitSideR

That's a Nissan your argument holds no validity

captcha is run by Google. They're deliberately fucking up the captcha sourced by Veeky Forums because it's the internet hate machine which offends all things LGBTQ2 and progressive.

it's a war of attrition.