/osg/ - Auto Sticker General

Auto Sticker General #258

Previous thread: >List of Vendors and Social Media
pastebin.com/AGc66Z8j

>/osg/ FAQ
pastebin.com/vaEgettv

>What is this thread for?
A thread to discuss, post, create, and review anything related to Automotive Decals and Stickers

>Currently looking for:
>An internet lawyer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
Idea Guys (Come up with Sticker Ideas, Veeky Forums club names, etc.)
Anons with artistic talent willing to make decals for free.
Anons with decal production equipment (Specifically Vinyl Printer Equipment)

Other urls found in this thread:

turbolo.li
nevercontent.jp/collections/peeking-char/products/peeking-asuka-langley
youtube.com/watch?v=TTzOCQkFO2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who's the best printer for slaps?

Watracing

To >Senpai's decals
I can't find him in the pastebin, so im going to assume he is senpaisdecals.com?

Vipstars

Yeah thats them
Here is an example of what im talking about, the blacks look green and splotchy

Did he still charge you for the prints? Can you give me the prices if you know them?

I never send an email complaining, I should have but im stupid like that..
They cost me ~$1.60 aud each, with a minimum order of 25, but I just checked their site and cant see a button to contact them about custom orders anymore so maybe they pulled out of the game

Not a bad price for a small order. There is a fb message thing in the website, I will probably try and contact him through there once I know what I am printing.

I also want to get some of these made, so far the best bet is alibaba for $.1-.5 each. (custom made)

We adjusted our international shipping rates a bit

turbolo.li

Thoughts?

Long time since I've posted but,

If everything goes as planned, my Shitbox will be "Itasha" by next Friday.
I'm going with a "Kill la Kill" theme. Since my SO is a graphic designer she's doing the Art, but I'm stuck somewhere.

¿¿What would be a good idea to place on the Fender arches??

I was thinking BC & Nitto Logos buuut i didn't want to be poser sponsor.
The car see's track days in the summer so I'm going for a Livery/Itash hybrid.

Fugg man that's going to look good. I have always been debating itashing my toyobaru

I want to get a machine so I can print hella stickers for myself. What do I get if I want die cut and printed vinyl? I don't fuck with ugly ass white borders

Too busy imo

How about this?

I don't want to post any unfinished art, but for imaginative purposes.
It's going to be ryuko (girl) lunging forward and following the body lines of the car with a background based on the shows opening.

Thanks though, I'll post here when done!

You should totally do it though lol, we need more ruined 86's like mine.

I have some background with graphic design so if you have an idea of what you want and need it put together in photoshop, I'll take requests. I work long hours so you might have to wait for a reply but I'll try to do what I can.

Much better. Could be that I don't know where the source image is from, but I don't see the relationship between the image and the text

It's Takumi's girlfriend, the one who dated the guy in the Mercedes then left for Tokyo.

I don't know, the lyrics felt like it kinda matched their relationship to me.

That's going to be great, can't wait to see the finished product. Same show I'd go with if I ever did mine too

I'd do it if I had a different car to drive for work, my work heavily relies on me driving to clients.

Ah shit, didn't recognize it

I don't blame you haha, it's from the Legend movies, not the series.

Ah, i usually daily mine, but I've been using a company vehicle more and more so I'm not using it much. It spends all week under a tarp.

I'm just coming up with a bunch of ideas, and I kinda like the layout I've got going, though people are saying it's not very good.

I probably won't be able to make these since they're screencaps from the ID movies, although people have made slaps from what looks like scans of the ID manga.

I wouldn't worry about it. 85% of the shit around here is blatantly plagiarized

thinking about making some of these, r8 it

>i hate drifting
lol
"you gonna fly with that" is also pretty good

I like them but when it comes to buying them but sure i would pay a lot for them.

This, with Die.

Maybe I just don't get it, but nothing in this relates to each other
>level red
>sea landscape
>anime girl with doritos

I'm hoping to either get a new shitbox that I can daily to work and continue to mod / ruin my frs or get a fun shitbox to fuck with and continue to daily the Scion.

Haven't decided which I'd rather do yet

Better to daily the newer more reliable car imo. That way when you blow up your toy you can still get to work.

Include the youtube bars tho.

IF you can get to work without your car then get the fun shitbox.

I'm waiting on some callbacks about a few jobs in my home town where i could literally cyclefag to work (or even walk to one of them), if that happens then it's 80's jap shitbox time.

has anyone got their good luck club keytags from shitbox?

I saw one of you in South London, riding a Miata with a super eurobeats sticker.

Hey so I'm wondering...
How do you guys wash your vehicles with all the memes on them? (I don't own a car yet)
I imagine shit just falling off
Also, if you put it on the side isn't there a risk of it peeling off if air pocket forms at the front?

whats a good, memey sticker for an offroader (xterra)?

You should do a Manuel Transmisión die cut to complement the El es Juan, a shifter with a sombrero and a mustache.

Something like this?

More noise pls

More?

You heard me

If you insist...

perfect

yuh

Literal faggot spotted.

I'm a retarded weeaboo faggot but that crossover is not okay.

Shit taste, but I dig how he did that Itasha.

>Civic
>Crossover

Are you a fuck?

I think I'm gonna grow old before I get my bad decision sticker

disregard this, I just realized what crossover he was talking about

i suck cock

Not that kind of crossover you raisin

>tfw you order whenever you want and it gets sent out next day.

Feels good to have BD as a bitch boi.

>SAO
>Overwatch
>a fucking Civic
that's enough garbage for one day

best song

Reposting because it was turned around and huge

Now I got eyes on the back of my head

hey that's pretty good

where can i get this asuka sticker?

Nevercontent.

nevercontent.jp/collections/peeking-char/products/peeking-asuka-langley

>lkg
>sao
>Asuna
he should just crash it for the insurance money

many thanks!

He really, really likes sandwiches.

Finally caved and put babby's first slap on the new car

>feel conflicted putting moon runes on a gook car

Thank you

I'm thinking of putting the nerv logo on my sandrail right where the vw is.
I think it would strike a good balance between truly making it mine but not fully broadcasting my autism.
Anyone know good places to find one?

koreans are weebs too

>tfw trying to find babys first slap for my veloster
I want to hide that its a gook car by making it look like a nip

If *everything* isn't shipped out by next week, know that I'm dead. But seriously, I'm working on it. Time has just been an issue. I have the next week completely off though so everything will be getting done.

Also, if you pre-ordered clothing, I placed the order for everything the other night.

What did he mean by this?

It actually does look better. Kek.

It has arrived

>tfw your car insnt cool enough to put stickers on

What car?

Acura RLX

Stickers came in, now all I need is my Rodie ones.

What year?

69, BAckyard tuners has had me waiting for months.

>tfw the japs weren't satisfied with WWII and desecrating their women and have returned to defile their cars
If you've got the tarbo you can get the snail meme girl from Monogatari

You could get away with a couple subtle stickers.

That's what I'm planning right now. a black wat sticker in the red and maybe the eurobeat intensifies sticker in the green,in the front or back.

There are so many awesome sticker though that would just look out of place on the car.

It looks like a Camry. Sell it and buy a proper car.

You look like a fucking Camry nigger

you're still making payments on an ugly tuna car which you can't touch or else you void the warranty and fuck yourself.

>making payments
Lmao why the fuck would I make payments on this car?

You are right about the warranty though got it cpo like a cuck

So I recently got my Fujiwara Tofu shop from the guy at Notori. Great fucking decal.
I tried to apply today and me being the neurotic sperg I am, I decided I'd be better to watch a YouTube video beforehand. This dude says the best way to apply vinyls is via wet application. So I copy his shit 100% step by step, even going so far to measure EXACTLY the 9:1 water-detergent mixture. By the end of it the detergent completely ruined the adhesive and I couldn't apply shit, so I threw away a decal I'd watied 2 weeks for.
So I just placed my order in Notori for a new one, and 5 minutes after that I noticed he's gonna be at Anime Expo (literally 25 minutes from where I live) and won't be back until the 8th, which probably means I won't get my new decal until the 20th.
So how the fuck do I drive my shitbox without my shit taste?
Video related: youtube.com/watch?v=TTzOCQkFO2w

user, why not just stick it on like any other vinyl?

Peel off the top layer, and stick it onto the car then wait 5 minutes...

Anyways, I fucked my Fujiwara Tofu shop decal the first time too, didn't put it right in the center so it looked weird. Worked out the second time though.

All you had to do was use alcohol or a wet wipe and scrub the area. Wet install only works for big bitches like solid banners.

Yeah I'm gonna do a dry/normal appliccation next time. The only part that sucks about the dry is how little room for error it has.
Do you mean I use alcohol to just clean the area or to put on the decal?

To clean the area, and make extra sure there's no dirt or anything.

The alcohol is to remove any grease/oil that would not allow for best adhesion.

?

Email him. Tell him to bring one and go pick it up. Also, use the hinge method next time if you're that autistic.

wash your car like normal. stickers for outdoor use are vinyl and not a problem

there may be a risk of a sticker coming off if an air pocket forms but air pockets don't just form outta nowhere.

if you wanna get into the physics of it, a sticker is a very light object and the adhesive on it has several hundred times the holding force when compared to air resistance on the tiny leading edge of your sticker.

basically don't worry about it, shit's fine

He's already here.
Yeah I know that
Okay that's what I thought

wet install is just a shitty meme
it's used by 'professional installers' to cut costs from fucking up alignment instead of just acquiring skills, at the customers cost of having a looser fit with soap under it.
if you ever do it, use just water, the soap itself is pointless and just leaves residue

don't use automatic car washes
if you have finely done diecuts avoid blasting them with power washers or anything

as a note you should never use automatic car washes regardless, shit is horrible for your paint

fuck the paint its bad for everything