Do you think that having high functioning autism like Takumi would give the driver an advantage in their driving skills...

Do you think that having high functioning autism like Takumi would give the driver an advantage in their driving skills in real life?

Most functional autistic people I know of don't even drive at all.

They all seem to just never want to learn and would prefer the bus

no because im shit at drifting

as far as I know autists dont drive

No i'm autistic and i drive like a grandma

maybe if the assburgers is combined with ADD

I've read that ADD and ADHD have certain benefits, but idk if they're on the spectrum

Every autistic person I have ever known or met either doesn't drive or is a terrible driver.

They are often comorbid. I know a lot of spastics that can't read the atmosphere, but wouldn't qualify for full blown HFA.

i think father who quite literally lives his whole live with his eyes closed would prove to be much more advantageous than autism

i had real autist in the secondary school, and his main characteristics was "sticking to the rules". I bet he could drive a nice laps, but in the race he'd most likely wreck everyone because someone has broke the line in side-by-side and he got angry.

one day his bottle of whatever he was drinking in the school broke inside his backpack and it all spilled through the material on the ground. he was just walking with the wet backpack all day because there was no way to make him alter his class->break->class routine. it was also hilarious when teacher locked the door, then the bell rang and he just broke the lock while trying to get out

Nah, Takumi is more likely just a sperg, mild aspergers might help with driving but it might be a bit much for autists (even high functioning) to handle, too much shit for them to take in, the autists I have met have never been good at taking in a lot of information and shit at a moments notice.

It amazes me how he gets free pussy ticket three times through the series, and he is the only one, unlike that cuck Iketani and the bro-zoned Itsuki.

>what cartoons want you to believe about autistic people
Quirky, intelligent, a little awkward but really good at a lot of tasks. The best choice to pilot a giant robot or drive a car. Has an incredible level of focus that allows them to master things with ease.

>reality
Chrischan tier. Very poor at most tasks because a lack of social capacity inhibits the ability to take instructions, advice, and criticism. A childlike wonder leads to an inability to make good decision skills, constantly overshooting what is considered acceptable and safe.

Just look at /ovg/

>tfw autism
>tfw drive like a madman

Nope because a functional autist is not accepting to criticism or being critiqued.

Just because an autist might obsess over driving they do not possess the ability to learn. They often will not change their habbits.

Hello I am a assberg and i would just like to say that most autist tend to hyper focus on one thing. Because of this most autist tend to be bad at alot of things except for the one thing that they waste there time on. Say for example drawing inflated pokemon on deviant art or making up genders on tumblr. But this means in theory that if a autist becomes interested in cars and driving they should be fairly good at it. I personally have been obsessed with cars and racing sense I was born into a family of car people. I personally cannot say how good of a driver I am because I've never had some one critique my driving. that being said no one has ever called me out on anything when I drive (excluding times I personally mess with my passengers) so I assume I'm doing an okay job. I'm also pretty good at driving sims and at Kart racing ( ive never been to track day to test my skills but i would really like to). Besides myself the only other example i can think of is james may. I know he doesn't really have autism but he may as well given the way he acts.

> I'm pretty sure most of you already know this stuff but i felt i may as well share

Holy shit your grammar sucks

I'm pretty sure most F1 drivers have some form of autism

Speaking as someone with ADHD, I don't know if I trust myself on a track. Mind you I went back on meds because I ran a red light once and almost hit someone, but in Gran Turismo I end up blanking out in my head sometimes if I'm taking a lead... I hyperfocus entirely on the high and I don't pay any actual attention to the track. Once I had to ask myself which way the next turn was and I had to process it for about a second, and another time on that Seattle circuit with poor color contrast I crashed straight into the wall because I couldn't focus with my adrenaline rushing. (Happens in other high-intensity situations like teamfights in MOBAs.)

If I knew the track beforehand then it'd probably help me- I'd just tune everything out and go off muscle memory. But as long as it's unfamiliar, helllll no.

as someone with assburgers, I either drive like a shithead taking racing lines and going nuts or I drive like a grandma. depends what music is currently blaring.

I don't know if its just me or If other people feel the same, but I feel extremely in touch with my car and I know its limits and quirks extremely well. im on my second bike and it was quite the adjustment, whereas im still on my first car.

It does, I can say so for forsure. itll make you take driving faster as some quest that youre personally sent on then it just becomes an obsession.
>t. autistic driver

>itt
>as someone with autism i drive great

Chris Chan hâtes people with aspergers.

Assburger definitely helps, I have little to no fear compared with the average driver and am very focused and in touch with the car's handling/performance like said