Name ONE (1) 2017/2018 car or truck RIGHT NOW that'll still be running in 20 years with 250,000 miles+

Name ONE (1) 2017/2018 car or truck RIGHT NOW that'll still be running in 20 years with 250,000 miles+

I'll be waiting

Other urls found in this thread:

toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70/range
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hyundai elantra. Those things will be 3k civics in 20 years.

Any tesla

Even electric motors wear out, not to mention batteries.

>20+ year old electric car with electrical gremlins

Pretty much any modern car that isn't high strung or forced induction. Modern cars are more reliable.

>those numbers

none everything today is garbage. Saturn's and Pontiac's will out last new model cars today

If they aren't chop shopped for parts...

That's fucking sexy boiiii

At least the digits went to a wagon

>GM cars from the early 2000s will outlast cars not made out of shitty plastic

Hyundai lineup in general. They maybe chink quality in terms of plastic but they will last.

Where I live they're regarded as 7-year-car for a good reason. Koreans are masters of planned obsolescence.

nice digits
nice car
nice color
nice roof rack
nice white tires
very nice get

Gen 2 LS/GS430

Peterbilt 389

Unironically Ford F 150. If I had a penny for how many 80's F 150's I still see on the roads today.

Say what you will about Ford but their trucks are built to last.

As much as I love W123 (they're literally my favorite cars), that post is off-topic. I mean, didn't the OP ask for cars that are being built NOW?

This has got to be a fucking joke.

Based on what I see at work, I'm going to say the Chevrolet Impala, regardless of engine. Our of all the cars and trucks Chevy sells, the Impala seems to have the least mechanical problems. I haven't seen any with the 2.5L or 3.6L come back with major issues. The trucks maybe but they seem to get recalled every couple months

they also have electric steering

any Toyota, the auris/corolla with the 1.8 valvematic in particular

NA 3rd gen Ford Focus with the 5-speed manual

My Dad's 8yo Kia has around 210k miles on it. So, gookshit I guess?

Pretty muchThis, Toyotas really are built to last, my Toyota 4runner is almost 20 years old and has had minimal problems, most of which are just cosmetic.

>Maximum Over-Checked

Any full size pickup or BoF SUV that isn't built by Nissan.

Ford F150

My dads 2008 corolla.
That thing is still as new and gets overpriced Toyota dealership services yearly.

We need rules not just running.
>no lower engine rebuilds
>original trans
>never need more than $1500 of work at one time

My heart is melting

ND Miata will be fine except for the electric steering.

Any cheap shitbox that's not European or """"American""""

Camry, easy

>niggas think that Hyundais will make it to 250k

Idk man the current early models can't even make it to 150k

Honda hrv or the older 1.8 civics.

You can stop waiting now

sorry scratch the civic comment. Just realized its only 17/18 cars

For shit sake, get over your self. I just pulled a refrigerated box of a 2000 chevy 1ton that had 40k on the small block chevy under the hood. I had a '90 f150 that I recently sold that had that kind of mileage. ANY modern car that is not run into the ground and taken car of will do what you described. Will they need occasional repair work? Well yes. But shit wears out on any car, even 70s Checkers or 80s Volvos.

The chevy 1ton had 400k on the odometer.

>shitty plastic never dies
>ecotick engine can do a million miles on irregular oil change

You can shit talk gm about a lot of thing. But gm makes cars that will run like shit longer than any other brand will last.

Gotta plus 1 the year 00 GM cars with the 3100/3400 series V6s. They just seem to run forever without a care.

>EST
Kebi magama ja mine vittu, kuradi pede raisk

I mean I'm not sure if I'll be right or not but I think my fiesta ST will last that long. Who knows for sure it's all just guessing

Tra miks nii närviline varahommikul? Tahad niiske vändaga pikipõske saada v?

>20 year old electric car
Quite reliable.
>electrical gremlins
something you pulled out of your ass.

Only thing that will go significantly wrong in 20 years is the battery

>reliable
>DURR ECELTRIC GREMLYNS DON' EXKIZT
If there is a single 2017/2018 tesla running in 2037/2038 without a motor change and no electrical problems, aside from the batteries, I will shove an entire goddamn Camaro transmission up my asshole.

What will keep any new car from 250k on 20 years isn't the car. It will be the idiot behind the wheel that runs the car into the ground.

>blah blah blah blah blah blah

>I currently have a 15 y/o Hyundai Accent with 168,XXX miles on it with zero engine/transmission issues
I just change the oil regularly. It's also a manuél, which may explain the lack of trans issues

The excessive amount of electronics in modern cars makes me question the long-term reliability (and by "long term" I mean 15+ years - not 3 years like JD Power's ratings).
Electronics are almost always the first thing to break in a car, but it hasn't been as much of an issue as it is now.

It used to be the radio or headlights would go out, and you could either repair/replace them for a fairly low price or just ignore it.

But now core components, things like speedometers or digital. It's even worse for all of these cars with "driver assist" packages on them.
All of these people accustomed to driving with blind spot sensors - what happens when it breaks, they don't shoulder-check, and run right into someone?

Buckle up buckaroo kek

Chevy SS

I operate a lot of electrical machines over the years, they have all sorts of gremlins. I can't wait for the first Tesla to have one. The turd will stop dead in the middle of the road. And I don't mean coast, I mean it will lock up the wheels and slide to a stop. You better hope there isn't a trucker behind you.

>tesla motors (a fucking electric motor) went bad after just 36,000 miles
Lmaono

Commodores will run forever with some basic care and maintenance.

>tfw no VF commodore
;-;

Skoda Octavia

lmao
my buddy's dad has one, worst quality ever
interior started peeling everywhere in under a year

The blind spot sensors constantly light up when cars go past you as you're driving.

I reckon it'd be pretty obvious if they weren't working as you'd never see them light up

Any Chevy or Ford pickup with a V8 and not some shitty Ecomeme™ engine.

HARDBODY

Stupidest shit I've heard in a long time.

>what are massive spider webs of wiring harnesses that only degrade with time.

>uh oh, he's right!
>now what?
I swear to fuck it'll happen if a tesla makes it.
Seeing as there are already Tesla motors shitting the bed, I suspect the transmission is staying in the car.

Subaru Outback

Probably the non-turbo Honda civics and CRVs.

Those things are like roaches they never die

>the transmission
they have no gearboxes

No, see, it's a camaro transmission that isn't going to be doing the fornicating.

Majority of Toyota's or brands which are known for reliability.

Most 3/4 ton+ pickups should hit that no problem assuming they're reasonably maintained.

Any car.
its not like the non-replaceable shell wears out. everything else is replaceable to make the car live on.

I-is that a crown?

These have already been confirmed to last at least half a million miles. One guy on the forum is still running his at 400,000+ with the original timing chain and gaskets.

get mad faggots

Not a 2017/2018 model

Because the average impala owner is 70 years old and drives 2000 miles a year. Same reason why Buick scores so high in the reliability charts. Old people usually take really good care of their shit too.

I-is that a Cressida?

mazda 3/miata
fiat 500
hyundai genesis
nissan 370z
most porsches
maybe most bmw/mercedes
vw golf/jetta
ladas that are still being made

i can't speak to current truck quality

toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70/range

dude electric motors run forever they're just so damn simple

>I know literally nothing about electricity

I'm sure these highly complex cars with batteries that lose capacity with every charge will be running perfectly in 20 years. I highly doubt a single tesla will crack 150K without some kind of serious issue, especially if they continue their route of "supercharger stations"
>hey jump dump a fucktonne of amps into your battery, that won't affect capacity at all

>too retarded to replace a wire

Subaru, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Kia,
VW, Mazda,

It's an AE93 GTI Corolla

>a wire
you have to pretty much disassemble the whole car in some cases

kewl
that grille throws me off and makes me think it's a higher end model for some weird reason although I looked and it's from the Corollas of that era in general

Maybe a low-trim Lotus Elise?
The non-supercharged version is a stock standard toyota engine, and has no electronics to malfunction whatsoever. If the car doesn't get smashed or driven like a retard it should survive.

Cases from all the big 3 pickup manufacturers will exist. Half tons, 3/4s and one tons will all have examples well north of 250k.

250k is absolutely nothing in the fleet world. The manager that inspects jobsites once in a blue moon will have 500k before he gets a new truck.

Ford Focus/etc. Will have lots of high mileage examples. Again, these are used as service vehicles.

Vans do that mileage regularly.

Falcon
Commodore
Camry

can you point me to a list of modern fleet vehicles?

any car if properly taken care of

the shittiest, worst design vehicle being made RIGHT NOW will last that long if you dont run it into the ground like a retard

i really hope the expensive car brand name duct taped/spray painted onto a shitbox becomes more popular. it is the funniest shit to me

ANY car that gets regulair maintenance.

>2017 commodore or falcon
>running in 5 years let alone 10
dont make me laugh

Sounds like a shit dad who doesnt take care of anything
t. 2015 owner with immaculate interior

Barras are just as reliable now as they ever have been.

Mazda Miata