>have spent $3-4k on repairs and maintenance in two years
>take car to carmax and get instant estimate on autotrader
>car only has 72k miles
>they offer me $3,000

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw I've owned 3 240s, a 760 and I'm currently putting together a rescue 740 and I have less in all of them than user in his s60

Pretty sure OP is a prissy non wrenching faggot that takes his car to a "technician" when something goes awry
What a faggot

You're right

I change my own oil/tires, fixed a leaking sunroof but i'm not good mechanically

My local mechanic is cheap but this car is a money pit

Stop believing people when they tell you shit like you need new struts.

You'll know cuz your car won't stop bouncing all over the place. I would bet half of that 4k of work didn't need to be done..

Did anyone ever show you the mounts that came out of the car?
Do you have any proof they even changed the engine mounts?

>own 2003 XC70
>over 8 years, nothing serious has broken
>only have replaced a door due to rust, but salt does that to any car
>only payed 10k for it

I had a broken coil spring that i could see with my own eyes. Is that verification enough for you?

JUST
U
S
T

how could it depreciate so hard? or did you overpay at first?

That's actually what they were all going for at the time. Even the KBB value has taken a massive shit since then, and people are listing them on CL and autotrader for peanuts.

You got raped. No 9 year old econobox should be 12k.

>turbo
>awd
>51k miles

Also
>volvo
>econobox

It's not a rolls royce but it isn't a chevy either you exagerating nigger. Thats what they all cost back then, i resarched it.

Lel try 10k+ on a old commodore ls1

It's a Ford focus/mazda 3 in drag. It's an econobox.

>Own a high mileage 2008 C30 T5
>only shit I have to fix is usually stuff I broke
Besides a PCV failure that got quite expensive and a MAF failure that I fixed by going to a junk yard the car has been pretty reliable

I think that I may need some new motor mounts since they are rubber and almost 10 years old and I want some coilovers because the current stock set up is too soft to corner on these heavy as fuck cars

Guess you just got unlucky, user

>Not just paying a 6th of that for a mint as fuck 240.

>fedora tractor
top kek
that said Volvos give off a hipster vibe

Whatever makes you feel superior, sweetie

He's not wrong you know? That said I'd much rather be in a S40 than a Ford or a fucking Mazda. The interiors alone are worth it and the Volvo also looks gorgeous from the outside.
>captcha

How much would a mint S90 set you back in the US? In my country it's 7.5k.

years ago, spend $12k on a low mileage 2006 turbo awd S40
OP.... It was worth maybe half of that even with no mileage.

>struts/shocks
>only possible failure is lots of bouncing

Yeah, no. Most common concern is a harsh ride that's caused by wear. Most people don't even realize the ride has degraded because the change is gradual. After that the most common are leakage and then noises. Bouncy ride is waaay down the list because a strut or shock has to be almost completely blown out to get that bad.

Looks like about 4k or so for a very very nice one.

wew lad, living in South America is suffering
also nice digits
Still it isn't nearly as bad as what happens with Mercs, here a W140 can go well over 20k, and you're getting a S320 at best. At least spares are cheap, which is the other way for Volvo. My dad has a Volvo engined Renault and when we had to replace the timing belt, water pump and tensioners we ordered from the US because a single tensioner here costs as much as the whole package there. I'm aware MB parts are expensive AF in the US.

>owning a ford era volvo

RWD Redblock is the only way

>low cost
>implying ABS doesn't shit the bed in those
lmao
also red block can suck it, 6 cyl mustard race

I just had to replace the vacuum lines to my abs so you got me there lol

>6cyl
Ugh
Does Veeky Forums have any opinions on the new volvos?

lol, I didn't know the vacuum lines shat the bed, only the module due to thermal stress on the solder joints
>Ugh
why would you hate on the 6 cylinder? more cylinders=more fun :^) I wish it was straight 6 master race though.
>Does Veeky Forums have any opinions on the new volvos?
I love their design but hate that they're FWD. Would much rather get a new Volvo than an Audi tbqh. And the older S60 Polestar (with the 6 cyl engine) is LEWD.

I mean my car is 23 year old at this point so lots of stuff is going out especially anything rubber

At least we get a few AWD offerings. Isn't polestar supposed to be making performance hybrids as well

Where you located I'll gone you$3000 lolol

Where in South America? A V8 W140 with low kms can be had for $6k in Mexico.

>TFW you buy not a real Volvo

if you got a T5 S40s aren't bad. Casuals think its the fastest car they've ever been in even if your car makes more power.

My sister got a S40 T5 with 70k 4 years ago for $7k for her birthday.

It is a T5

Does she want another one

I only have an opinion on the polestars.
they're fucking great and I want one. I don't care if it's chinese shit, that fucking twincharged 4banger is mint.

My only problem with the new Geely volvos is no 5 cylinder engines anymore

I dont care that the one on my T5 is not even that powerful, they are fun to drive and listen to

Please Geely, make a 5 pot and boost it to hell and back, Audi is doing that and they are getting great results with it

>Mexico
That's North America buddy. You get to keep the mexishits, we already have our hands full with the huemonkeys. Uma delícia.

>mfw i googled uma delicia meme

You dont like brazilian orange juice? too bad at least half of the US sold oranges come from brazil

I don't mind brazilian orange juice. I'm talking about the "sopa de macaco"

>brazilian monkeys eating each other
can't make this shit up

Polestar is now going to be Volvo's EV brand.

2bh this, modern Volvo has nothing to do with what it one was, they share nothing with their past.

Once was*

yeah modern Volvos won't get you killed in a frontal crash against a fucking Renault Modus. Kill yourself dumb tripfag, Volvo was always about safety and they're safer than ever before.

Against a what?
I'm American, I don't know what your euro shit tincans are.

my mistake, got memes confused
que delicia is the gay orange juice meme
uma delicia is the monkey head soup

Just got a 1991 240 (manual) in good condition for $280. How'd I do?

The more you know
youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY

I've got the even slower VAG 5cyl, it is neat to listen to though true enough

Well to be fair, you bought a Ford.

I had a 2006 Mazda3 GT, shared the same platform as the Ford Focus and S40.

LOTS of cheap FoMoCo shit was used on all of these cars, and if you look at any of their weakest points, it's a Ford issue.

About the only really good things on my Mazda3 were the engine, transmission, and interior.

>parking brake cable shit the bed
>rear shock mounts exploded after hitting a pothole
>front brakes seized up even with proper servicing
>AC compressor died at 98,000km
>R U S T

Thank god I came to my senses. Now I only buy 100% pure Japanu. FJ Cruiser fully made in Japan by dedicated nips, not a single filthy American part used on it.

Dont get the new cars with the light seats, jeans transfer color really easily. Otherwise it's pretty great until I'm sure the car goes out of warranty and fixing the computers cost you an arm and a leg.

I got a 2000 (1st gen) V70 for $1000 with 150k miles. Up to almost 200k now and my only issue has been a stuck brake caliper and a slightly leaky sunroof

heh, I have a stuck brake caliper in my Volvo engined Renault too. So far the sunroof is thankfully perfect though.

I had a stuck caliper on my XC90 as well, a nice 800€ repair

And the sunroof drain pipes get clogged after some time and will flood the car.

Didn't even watch the video, what makes you think I give a fuck about crash tests?
I drive a fucking 1600lb stanced festiva, it doesn't have seatbelts or intrusion beams.
Stop being a fucking pussy, driving is dangerous, you're going to die, get over it faggot.

>moving the goalposts
You denied newer Volvos had anything to do with Volvo's history, when they are actually the maximum expression of the Volvo philosophy.

Damn. My stuck calliper was just $300 total for a calliper, rotor, and labor. I could've done it, but just did not have the time. And luckily mine doesn't leak to that point. If it's a torrential downpour, I'll get a couple drips on the center console

the one in my Renault is only stuck for the handbrake, only one side brakes

>My stuck calliper was just $300 total for a calliper, rotor, and labor.
the 800€ was for both new rear brake disks, one caliper, something handbrake and brake fluid.. worth it I guess? I've been driving this thing for about a year now, previous two owners didn't seem to care that much for it either and TÜV is coming up later this year :^)

How do you rek your brake discs so fast? My Renault is a 2000 and still has the stock brakes pretty much like new.

I have no idea when they were last changed, front disks are ok though. Seems to be a common fault regardless of driving style.

> Buying any car with ABS

its like you wanna be cucked by a computer

>bought new 2008 AWD diesel volvo xc90 when it came out
>sweet torque
>100k miles
>litteraly only had to change battery once
>best school bus

Volvo's inline 5 diesels are legendary

Its like you want to lose control of your car at every corner

>he can't control his cuckbox
fucking Volvo drivers I swear

Nobody cares about safety tho, they only care about RWD sex on wheels, which isn't volvo anymore.
>he can't threshold brake
fucking pleb

>Nobody cares about safety tho, they only care about RWD sex on wheels, which isn't volvo anymore.
shut up manchild, Volvo was always the mark of safety
>he can't threshold brake
>fucking pleb
says the dogfucker who almost drove off a cliff
kill yourself retard
>not buying any car made after 1990
based

OP Here, i've been looking at Land Cruisers and FJ Cruisers to replace my Volvo. It's funny how shitty American parts will lead you to Japan.

No turbo? pretty sure the 5 pot on the new TTs with the turbo are pushing around 400hp

>Rear shock mounts exploded after a pothole

I fucking flew with my C30 rally style for over 11ft and all the damage was a cracked oil pan, all the shocks are mostly ok, just a bit more softer now

wow based
any footage?

>I fucking flew with my C30 rally style for over 11ft
how did this happen

Nope
Hit a large and unmarked speed bump
It lunched the car up,was going around 80mph or more I think, the pan damage came mostly from that

ouch

It looked worse than it was, all the oil spat out of the car
A lot of cooland bursted out of the coolant whoses too

but the engine didn't overheat?

>kill yourself retard
seconded

Sounds like you drive like a retarded teenager. Nobody should be going 80 in an area that has a fucking speed bump, marked or not. Whoever said that was "based" should get in a car with you and drive it off a cliff.