What dashcam does Veeky Forums use

Do any of you use a dashcam? Which do you use and does it have good quality? Recently had an incident that proved to me I have to buy a dashcam so looking for recommendations on good models.

I had/have a Rexing, don't remember the model, but it was rated well and ~$100 so I just went with it without a shitton of research into the market. Ran off an SD card, recorded in ~7 minute segments or so and just overwrote the last one unless the G-sensor detected a crash or you manually saved the clip. It's either 1080 or 720 so good enough quality-wise IMO. Only reason I haven't put it up on my new car is because I need to find either a new sticky pad to put the mount up or just not be a bitch and RTV that sucker up there or something.

I remember when I got it most of my friends kind of made fun of me but I really don't see why that mentality should exist; people are more than likely shitheads anymore on the road and would totally be willing to lie to get out of a hairy situation/cash in on a nice lawsuit. There's really no excuse not to have one.

I've had a G1WH purchased from foxoffer, for 5 years now. It finally paid off January of this year.

Was driving along, lady pulls out directly in front of me and I rear end her. No witnesses stopped. Insurance was leaning towards me being the at-fault party for obvious reasons. Dash cam video proved her action of entering the roadway directly caused a collision I couldn't avoid. Got my 32 year old car fixed and my record is clean.

...but yeah, if I were buying a new cam, I would stay away from battery models. go capacitor-based, for longer lifespan, especially if your 12V socket is constant hot like mine are.

dashcamtalk is a good website to research the current hot models and there's a focus on cheap/value for money, so you can easily narrow down the options to consider.

I'm not a slav.

Thanks i'll check out that site and try to do some research. definitely looking to get one that can record for a few hours 1080 hoping for 60fps but I've only came across 30fps ones so far, going with top of the line one for sure. just had to pay about 500 because no witnesses for what just happened to my car so anyone who doesn't have one just think about the money you could actually save yourself with this

i have the g1wc and it's great.

set it up and forget it. my only complaint is the cable it comes with sucks (particularly the 12v plug side)

Anyone kmow a dashcam with a solid plug that is hard to pull out? And a way to mount it to the dash. I had a g1w but it got tore apart from bass and the suction mount keeps falling off. It only turns on if you forcefully push the usb into the plug now

Garmin nuvicam, the video quality is ok at best, I more or less bought it becuase I needed a Camera and GPS and didn't two fucking units hogging the windshield.

A thread on wsg convinced me to get one. I hope I never ever have to use it but its good insurance to have, especially as a NJ driver. I am mulling with the idea of getting a cheaper G1Wh as a rear cam.

I got a Rexing, too. I got the v1. It is pretty solid quality but I wonder if I am missing out on any of the other good quality dashcams.

I got a Vivocation Opia 2 off dashcamsaustalia.com, it's okay, cost $350 aud.

Xiaomi Yi dashcam

What's a camera with the 'shock activation' functions without speed tracking?

I don't want to have to submit a video that says I've been going 8km over the limit 20 minutes prior to an accident caused by someone else.

>I'm not a slav.

Do you live in a slav-free area where everyone is a proficient driver you trust utterly to make no mistakes? If so, where do you live so I can move there?

Z-edge Z3.

Rexing v1, be sure to order the suction cup. Have the hard wire kit as well. The 1080p FHD video when viewed on a monitor is impressive for a $100 camera. Installed in a Kenworth after a near miss with some twat. Boss bought it all, says there is a 10% reduction in our insurance premiums; thanks me for the idea.
GBP's for me!

Is there a good cam that doesn't take up half your windshield? I saw some that go over your rearview mirror, but I'd kind of like one that replaces the mirror if that exists for maximum sneakiness.
I don't like having a ton of shit all over my car and seeing dashcams turns me off.

Most of them? My Rexing hardly took up any space, and I had it on the right side of my rearview so I literally never noticed it was there

I hadn't seen that one honestly. Thanks senpai
Do you know if the one with a rear camera is any good?

get a separate dash cam for the rear

I got a Viofo A119 as my only cam. The day quality is really great for

The one mentioned has another version for 25$ more. I like the idea of it because it has rear cam playback so you can use it as a ghetto backup cam. I really like what you said about two stand alone cams though.

Fuck I mis quoted. The Rexing camera.

>32 year old car

give pics of your 1985 ride pls