/ovg/ - rFactor 1 will not die edition

Previous Thread:
Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbke4k7Osyo
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8aKlziKcA
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pli=1#gid=1013532249
youtu.be/5DmYLrxR0Y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck your modern games!

Reposting this image because I want to keep discussing. If you missed last thread, here's you're handy-dandy location list:

>Algarve
>Monza
>Monaco
>Azure Coast
>Bannochbrae
>Bathurst
>Brands Hatch
>Brno
>Cadwell Park
>California Highway
>Chesterfield
>Barcelona
>Spa
>Circuit of the Americas
>Daytona
>Dirtfish
>Donington
>Dubai Autodrome
>Fuji Speedway
>Glencairn
>Greenwood
>Hockenheimring
>Imola
>Indianapolis
>Knockhill
>Lankebanen
>Loheac-Bretagna
>Long Beach
>Lydden Hill
>Laguna Seca
>Mercedes Ice Track
>PCARS Mojave Test Track
>Nurburgring
>Oschersleben
>Oulton Park
>Red Bull Ring
>Road America
>Rouen Les Essarts
>Ruapuna Park
>Sakitto (Suzuka)
>Sampala
>Silverstone
>Snetterton
>Sonoma
>Sportsland SUGO

Now start talking, maybe the real James will join and reveal some secrets to us.

Is that a Konami game?

I believe that's either GT1/2 or an early TXR game.

Atari.

It's called Chinaman Cars Go Very, Very Fast Around The Fucking Highway.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero

Wouldn't that be TDU?

>2013 Toyota 86
What

No, that would be Let's Fucking Race Around On Fucking Islands In Our Bugattis While You Struggle To Keep Up In Your Puny GT-R.

The 86 is the Asia/Oceania variant and the GT86 is the EU variant (I probably fucked that up). Was sold in North America as a Scion, but now that Scion is R.I.P. it's sold as the GT86 in NA, but that model won't be in the game.

TDU2 is still based as fuck even with the Bugatti meme. It's especially good when you remember the glitch that allowed you to get DLC cars for free.

>GT86 in NA

They changed it from gt86 to 86 here in na, but only recently

Didn't play long enough to find out.

It's Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero

please help

Delete system32

Ĭ̸̡̮̪̠͚̏ͨͩ͞ ̡̢̛̛͖͎̯̼̹̀ͤ͐̈́̃͒ͯ̆̔͂͒̐́̚ḋ̶̡̹̣͈̘̭̺̜̮͎͚͒ͮ̊̉ͪ̒ͭͩͧ̍́͒̓ͦ̚ͅe͙̹̭̭͔͚̹̤̬̔̑̃̓̐͋̉̈̀ͅl͈͖̗ͪ̑̋̄̾̏̀̚͢ë̹̬̳̟͇͌͐̿͂̈́ͯ̄̏̓͆ͣͪ́͘͠ţ̶̡͈̬͖ͬ̎̒͗̐̓͒̈́͂͂͌ͪ͆͆͑ͤ̒̋̔̕e̢̛͚͈̤̜͓͓̘̳̮͍̮̪͐̑̓͋̽ͩ̀̈̆ͅͅd̴̩̠̼͙̪̦̙̰̜͙̔͆̀̓ͨ̒ͨ͐͛̿̀ͩͩ͛ͅ ̧̨̹̘̫̞͔̠̼̼͔̘͕̙̼͕̟̝͊ͦ͊͂͒̂̒͌̄ͪͣ͟m̵̡̮͎̜̺͕̻͍͓̈̉̆̇͑͊ͯ͑ͨ̑̓ͨ͗͗̀̚̚̚͟͠ͅy̨͕̰̫̘͖̗̻̠̩̎̈́͗ͭ̈͘ͅ ̵̛̝̼͎̬̙̜̠̹̗̻̗̯̥͇̗̭͒ͪ̓̿ͬͬ̓͢͠͠ş͖̭̣͖̤͈̫ͯ̑́͆͗ͩͮͮ̌͆͐̉ͭ͞͠ͅy͖̯̮̠͍͂ͯ̈ͬͮ̾̇̀͘͠ṣ͔͖͈̻̯̝̤̺͗͒̃̍̂ͯ̓̍͑ͣ͐́̾͑̋̈́͡͞ţ̶̵̡̰͖̖̱̠̫̣̝̱̙̦̙̝̤̤͉̟ͭ̃̀ͣ̆̚͘e̢͕̗̼̹̮̜͇͉̗͚̋̋ͮͮͪ͋̔̐̎̆̾̀͗̕͟ṃ̴̵̣̜̘́͆̄͐ͤ̏͐͊͆͆̄͋͋́̏ͤ̔͠3͕̤̭͖̄͒ͧͤ̿̽͊͛̔̀2̛̰̤̺͖̯̦̤̱̥̺̰͕̉̍̂ͣ͊̽͆ͧ͗ͦ̀̀̕͟ ̵̛̝̗̣̠͖̘͈͔̩͌̈́̃́͋̏͌̈́̊͆ͨ̓̓̚͘f̸̝̠̗̪̜̦̖͉ͭ̊̍͌̐̐̀ͨ̓ͫ̎͋͛̇͆͢o̘̰͍̫̖͓̯̮̞̫͔͓̘̠ͭͯ̔̋̓̔̃̄̌̚͞l̤̬̥̹̮̰͍̜̺̘͓̞͙̪̝̳̉̊͋̾͒͌̑̓̿ͤ͋ͦ͋̀̽̓͢ď̵̵̢̹̩͉̟͈̙̦͙̳͇͖̭͇͙̫̺͚̮ͣͣ́͟ȩ̶̨̰͎̝̟̦̪͚̻̓ͯͣ͐͜ͅͅr̸̛̮͎̙̣̪͆̓͛̈́ͨ͗̂ͧ͌̊͊.̵̨̳̼̬͙̱͕̦̙̮̏ͩ̇̑̉ͬ̓͑͝
̴̻̪̦̫͇͚͖̠̜̻̺̮̭͖̠̦͗̽͌̏͐̔̆ͭ́W̶̸̶̨̨̠̩̘̺̰͚͓̮͗̄̈̈́̽̒̔̉̓̏̌̽̑͌̂͆͛̿ͅh̠̮̠͈͚ͭ̍͛͆̏ͤ̉̎̂̏ͪͫ͂͐͌̈̎ͮ͢͟ä̮̳̫͈͖̤̯̠̟̰́ͯ̐̎ͧ̈̈ͬ̏ͣͪ̈́́̕͟͜ͅţ̢̥̞̫̜̟ͮ̊̃̓̓ͤ͆̎͟ ̴̥̺͓͓͈̳͇͙͚͖̗̙̹ͨ̇ͭ̓ͯ͛̿̃̉ͫ͛̿͘͢͢͡ͅn̡̢̠̪̗͈̻͈̱̥͙̪͙͕̪̮̮͚̫͇͎̓̾̏̈́̄̓̇͆̈́̊̐̓̽ͫͮ͋͊̀̕͢o̶̡̙̜̪̤̫͓̤͉̮̞̖̣͚̦̘͊ͤ̾̂͒̈́̑ͪ̾̆ͩ̓́w̵̵̧̱͍̬̦̰͖͇̪͌̓̉̄̀ͦ̏̾̎͂ͤ̄ͮͦ?̶̩̱̳̺͚̦̼̟̼̳̑͐ͬ̉̍ͯ̍̑ͬ͆̿̎ͫ̀͢͢

yo wtf this make my pc explode -__-

I just finished a practice session in RACE 07, and I'm left wondering why we haven't done a series on it. A series with the MINI would be fun as fuck.

Not many secrets to reveal aside from it drives like rFactor 2 except with better FFB, graphics from this generation, and a non-shit car list.

you do realize race07 is rfactor?

>drives like rFactor 2
So the ABS and TCS are just stupid grip multipliers?

Uh oh. Rfactor is shit, therefor Race 07 is shit now too...

you drop the cars in the cars folder and the tracks in the tracks folder..

>falling for the terrible bait

Nobody is that retarded, aside from you maybe

Drop the track in tracks
Drop the car in cars
Done.

Because the last time we did WTCC a memester convinced us to run the rF conversion instead of the R07 ones.
tbqh I'd love to host some R07 in the near future.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbke4k7Osyo

TCS and ABS slow you down. Buddy of mine discovered that a few days ago.

The racex cars drive exactly the same way they drive in race 07. That mod is not a russian tier model. Everything was converted perfectly to rfactor.

>delayed starts for each class
Why the fuck is does Forza do this and AC and rF2 don't? Honestly didn't even know Forza supported multiclass racing

Forza has been doing it for years.

It's true that modern racing games literally nerf TCS and ABS to make no assists runners quicker. Strokes their egos.
Just like I'm convinced some games run purposefully retarded default setups so those who don't know shit about setups but read something on reddit can jerk themselves to all the time they gain by unfucking camber and using non-retarded tire pressures.

youtube.com/watch?v=D-8aKlziKcA
has there ever been a better game OST clip?

What's a good wheel set for under $300? Trying to find a G27 in decent shape and not being hyper-aggressively bid on is becoming a pain.

Install Gentoo

eks dee

TMX + T3PA

/ovglmp3/ cancelled because actual teams came up with the meme paintjobs

Is there actually an lmp3 mod somewhere?

excellent

Does PS3/PS4 have any games that are more sim racing than arcade racing? Just bought a wheel and looking for some games to play and would like your guys opinions.

As far as I know the only sim available on console is assetto corsa.
Then you have project cars and Dirt rally (just "dirt rally" without the numbers) which are realism oriented games.

Racing games in 60hz is kinda meh though and it doesn't take a powerful computer to run sims at 120, if you wanna move up the ladder.

Yeah, I want to make the switch to the real racing sims on the PC but don't have the setup for it yet.

Thanks for the info.

keep in mind that If you've got a cheap wheel (below 99$) with low resolution steering and deadzone, a sim like assetto can be pretty hard to play though.
I don't know if you can apply input filtering to a wheel on PS4

Post seat leon monza lap times. I'll start.
2:04:932 on default setup and not much practice yet.
Let's hope we can get a tight race tonight.

>a non-shit car list

Other than outrun coast2coast, which fills the screen with bullshit, what other games, which feature drifting, are there where keyboard handling isn't ass?

Flatout 1
The free demo (remember those?) should still be around if you google it

NFS HP 2010 and Burnout Paradise which basically use the same system for drifting. Most Wanted 2012 somehow fucked it up

Also any trackmania

>2:04:932 on default setup and not much practice yet.
everyone is running default as well so i don't think you will lose much in that department.

here.
I've managed to get it down to 2:03:693
There's still room to shave off at least a second with my skills. Someone who actually knows what they're doing might get sub 2:00:00 easily.

/shadowgovernment/ please leave

If rFactor is shit, then why are we using a modded version of it for a series?

How can /ovg/ let this many digits go unchecked?

Is there anything better than when some noob scrub cunt tries to ram you, but you see it coming in the mirror and parry so that he spins out and you just keep going

Nice trips
Shit name
Shit post
Shit opinions
waste of perfectly good digits

I wouldn't consider using trips to tell the Shadow to BTFO a waste.

>rf1
when are we gonna run an endurance racing series in rFactor2 that would be like the best man. rf2 is perfect for this shit

run it negro

I like the team management in GRID, choosing colours/patterns for your car, sponsers and teammates.

How much of this carries over to GRID Autosport?

>AC race in final lap with the top 4
>practicing good race etiquette
>shitters who are behind multiple laps don't get out of the way
>trying to avoid shitters accidentally bump someone in top 4 making them spinout
>get shit on and be accused of purposefully wrecking
You too dude.

well shit if thats all it takes ill set one up for this weekend dude

Reminder of the AC race happening tonight. 21.30 CEST.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pli=1#gid=1013532249

People don't fucking understand racing on the public servers. I played some pub server on spa yesterday and not a single race went by that didn't have a crash in the first corner. People just fix their gaze on the headlights of the guy in front and brake when they see the brake lights a.k.a way too late. I'm also pretty pissed by running you off the road when you're on the inside in a corner (parallel) and they turn in.
The single most annoying thing is people who crash and do not stay still in traffic after. They start to do unpredictable moves to get back in the race and end up wiping half the drivers off the track with their retarded maneuvers.

I feel like getting a fun racing game now that Steam has a sale. What do you guys recommend? I like ricing cars like in Underground 2 but I get that modern games don't have that kind of customization anymore. Also, something a bit more arcadey/chill, not a full blown hyper realistic sim.

I have heard good things about DiRT Rally, what do you guys think? All recommendations are welcome.

This carlist is shit. Most of the cars were in the first game too, and most of the new one are shit too.
Now fuck off and kiss Ian's ass some more

No fuck off. OVGTP, turnleft and M235i runs on the weekend you retard.

youre the one who told me to run it like damn man this place gon changed fuck.

Are you mentally ill?
Do you think only one person browses this thread? Fucking hell.

youtu.be/5DmYLrxR0Y8

you should like take a chill pill man like shit haha

>I was merely pretending to be retarded guys!

First off, I'm not James, my name was just an le ebin meme. Secondly, I only posted it here because it was somehow leaked online and I wanted some discussion, not "it's shit, fuck off."

New Update/DLC for Motorsport Manager was announced
Free update:
>Cars can go wide/cut corners when the driver does mistakes
>More tools for analyzing
>Ability to lower the weight of parts in cost of reliability

DLC:
>focusing on challenge scenarios
>some are only limited to one race, some go on for longer
>Scenarios that were announced:
>Artificial rain (Sprinklers all over the track that turn on randomly)
>Burned down factory (Win championship without the ability to develop new parts during the season)
>Chairman's child becomes number 1 driver of the team regardless of his skill

Gotta say not too terribly interested in the DLC, but the update sounds neat. Especially that weight stripping feature sounds like it could make the last races of a season really interesting

>godtier cars like f1 gtr, watson roadster and f50 gt
>still has the audacity to call it shit

Well, the carlist is very medicre(therefore shit) and you can still suck Ian's dick even when you are not james.
Now you can fuck off.

This has been the same in every single racing game since the dawn of multiplayer m8

I guess the only game that has somewhat decent pub servers is iRacing, since they've got the safety rating, letting the worst shitters race eachother

I'd recommend the first GRID but it's not on steam anymore. You can buy a CD key for it on kinguin or something maybe tho. Not much in the way of customization, can choose patterns and colours for your cars, choose a teammate, choose sponsers whose stickers appear on your car. Touge, Circuit, and Drift events.
GRID Autosport aswell.

DIRT Rally is good but I've heard it's more realistic than previous games.

SHIFT 2 Unleashed isn't terrible, but the steam version is broken. However you can buy it on steam since it's on sale and activate the key on Origin. Customization in terms of performance parts, liveries, colours, etc.

Gas Guzzlers Extreme might be alright but it's hardly realistic and is more like a madmax racing game than anything

NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 is nice. Play as cop or racer, not much in terms of customization.

Midnight Club 2 is a classic but it's old af and no customization (iirc)

Unfortunately there really isn't much in terms of modern racing games with customization.

pretty much all of my suggestions also are from me assuming you'd be playing singleplayer.

>mediocre = shit

Hello, do you work for IGN?

The F1 gtr is ok, but it's still a recycled car, and only has the esperante to race against
The watson roadster is a lotus 49 tier of undrivable that no one will care about after a couple of runs
The F50 GT is an FXX of the 90s. A hotlap meme.
No, but how much is SmS paying you?

First off, game devs/publishers NEVER directly pay anyone to say nice things, what they do however is treat you like a best friend by flying you out to PR events, paying for hotel rooms etc. If you want to argue, please post proof that devs/publishers have forked money over directly, or else you'll end up looking like a moron. Anyways, they aren't paying me, I'm just interested in their game, that's all.

You seem to know how shills work, but you are not one.
>He does it for free
Does the second one too has the program where they pay you back a part of the sales?

>You can buy a CD key for it on kinguin or something maybe tho

So I can buy a key of off discount G2A? Unless you convince me it's not a den of thieves, I ain't buying.

Yes, I have used G2A numerous times and it has always worked flawlessly, just remember to turn off G2A Shield, it's not worth it to pay 3€ for something useless.

Can I just join the server at race time? I don't want to take someone else's slot.

Thanks for the recommendations, mate. I'll check them out and see if I find something I like.

yes

#MakeOVGGreatAgain

I usually use Kinguin over G2A and I've never had a problem. Once I got a faulty key but they gave me a new one no problems.

It's also literally the only way to get GRID digitally now other than torrents of course.

np, hope you find what you want

Wtf, GRID is really fucking cheap on G2A, only 0,75€.

It's a 9 year old game with dead multiplayer.
Still weird tho cause the singleplayer is god tier

Yeah

>yes I buy off a website that is known for giving people keys that were previously acquired illegally

Who cares? If I really like a game/dev and want to support them I'll buy the game from Steam or somewhere else legit.

look at this autist sperging.

god, I'm having so much fun right now. Do you live a house made of salt or something?

>Still not arguing

You're not the only one having fun, cunt