[Daily Bike Thread - dbt]

Back when Harley was actually cool edition.

>Motorcycle Benchracing
>Motorcycle Xenophobia
>Motorcycle Hookups
>Motorcycle Pics & Very Boring Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Your bike a shit

Benchrace your buttocks:
>cycle-ergo.co.uk

>Benchrace your p-plate:
>a2bikes.com

Benchrace your helmets:
>crash.net

Look at a map that never gets updated:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRf3xZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ouwxORkONmI
youtube.com/watch?v=t4SrldAa2b4
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Tz4mu78O8&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for FLYING FUCKING FORTRESS

Should just remove the map from the copy pasta desu

I try not to take such liberties and just be pround of my clean, well organized OPs.

youtube.com/watch?v=ouwxORkONmI

so Husqvarna made a 2 stroke that has valves and no longer sucks in the fuel below the piston.

Fucking witchcraft abomination i tell you.

Go away you salty cunt
Nobody wants your shitty communist map

How much will my premium go up after totalling my bike

A clean, well organized OP wouldn't be 3 pages long but dbt is turbo autismo when it comes to removing unnecessary shit from the OP

A lot

REMINDER!!!
SAM is happening at Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground from July 20 - July 23
We will ride the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and other roads / trails in the area
Feel free to come if you didn't sign up, there is plenty of space (6acres of open tent camping) at the site.
The space is 10$ per night, we will be there 3 nights total
They also serve food at the campground so we won't have to eat fast food the whole time

none if you don't tell them about it

Rate baikus

Is there a bike that can do everything? Some sorta Japanese naked that sport bikes as well as tourers are based off?

>ride everyday
>put on dirt tires and increase suspension, do offroad
>put on mixed tires and panniers, do road trips
>put on fairings and race tires and adjust suspension, do track days

Takes me an hour to grease up before throwing a leg over my Harley

DRZ400S

>map must be included every time

But the only person who can update map is in africa, with internwt acess bout once a month, with an old msn account which takes him 20 minutes to load new emails so he never bothers.

I think Im going to copy everyone currently on the map onto a new one, and be the new mapmiester.

Honda CB####. 500, 600, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200. Depends on how much bike you feel you can handle in all those scenarios.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ouwxORkONmI
>unburnt fuel still escapes out the exhaust
I thought they were doing a high pressure fuel injection after the exhaust port was closed.

tfw soon

Gavin gonna die lmao!

Do CBR fairings actually fit on a CB?

Having a bike that can do offroad and track days are kind of polar opposite. Adventure bikes are not really suited for either real offroad nor tracks, but could kind of do both.

Multistrata, or maybe a dr650 if you take it on supermoto tracks, not big bike tracks.

What if you fit adjustable suspension on a standard?

When you say adjustable suspension, do you mean adjustable in length? Because that doesnt really exist. Besides, You cant just put longer suspension on a street bike not made for it and expect it to work well.

Not to mention swapping out suspension isnt really a quick easy job, and it would likely cost more than just getting a dedicated track or dirtbike.

I want a bike, maybe a cruiser or something, but I've never owned one before and I'm on a budget.
Any suggestions?

Also >pic related

>performs as well as any dual sport offroad
>performs as well as any SV650 on track

Still can't decide how I feel about this guy. The info is good, production quality is outstanding, but I just want to punch him for some reason.

He's got the cuck look. I love their reviews though.

I doubt that performs as well as a track prepped sv650, the track here anyways has plenty of highspeed corners that are best taken at 200kmph+, not sure any supermoto can do that.

How are long trips on that thing?

I wasn't the one that put the map there so I don't think I should be the one to get rid of it.

If you want you can create the next OP, my man, and get rid of it that way.

I would love to own a flat or a knuckle one day.

Until then Ill just hipster it up on muh Indian.

Think theyll go more than double? I'd be ok with double

EVERY DAY WE STRAY FURTHER FROM THE LIGHT

>any year
>having comprehensive
>not just having liability and theft

hell yeah, is that the scout or the scout sixty?

Sixty, big scout has way more chrome and 133 more cc's

If any of these electronic components fail, the bike is fucked.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I didn't want to clog up the catalog with a new thead about this. What the heck is he driving at 4:12 and where can I get one?
youtube.com/watch?v=t4SrldAa2b4

gotcha. i'd take an indian over a modern harley any day desu, especially the scout over a sporty. i love the tan leather, and i wish harley would actually put some effort into performance like Indian does

My bike can do 125mph, guy on the forums said he took his to a track recently and said he was faster than everyone that didn't have a fully prepped track bike.
I rode from Moab to San Francisco (1060mi) in one day, it was alright.

Before and after the riser swap on my FZ1.

Bike is a lot more enjoyable now. Handling and ergos improved a lot. But I'm a sportsbike kinda guy.

On a very tight track maybe.

>If any of these electronic components fail, the bike is fucked.

Eeeeeeh the eletronic fault meme. It depends a lot on the bike/make. BMWs have tons of sensors and eletronic fuckery but the only TRUE sensor that will keep F800's and R1200's from running nowadays is the crank position sensor.

You can take the airbox and the rest of the sensors and throw them in a bin and the bike will still run. Like shit, but will run.

In no I way endorse BMWs however.

>On a very tight track maybe.
70hp and 320lbs, it's no 600 but it's not slow.

If it doesn't shoot oil on the crank, the bike will seize. It needs the electronic sensors to ensure that it gets the proper amount of fuel and oil. It's not a meme.

I'll stick to mixing gas with oil.

Im afraid of Indian being too conservative when they decide to expand their model range, all they would need to do is introduce a price competitive ADV, dualsport, standard or sport bike.

Im thinking they rather play it safe and eat up the cruiser market.

I own that xd

Some brands just don't fit all types of motorcycles. Victory would've been a far better opportunity for taking beyond cruisers. I can imagine sporty Victory nakeds or advs with beefy V-twins would've sold quite well.

>guy on the forums said he took his to a track recently and said he was faster than everyone

I'm not saying it's slow by any means, but if it wasn't a supermoto track, everyone else sucked.

Me and 90% of the field (600s, sumos, literbikes, whatever) get our asses kicked by 14 y/o's on Moto 3 bikes.

>If it doesn't shoot oil on the crank, the bike will seize

That sounds about right.

>It needs the electronic sensors to ensure that it gets the proper amount of fuel and oil

Most bikes default to some value when the sensors don't read anything, but fair point.

I'll settle for half meme status and a beer.

Why does DBT shill the SV650 so much? It's heavy and it's got an ugly giraffe neck half fairing. What does it do that a comparable Honda or Yamaha doesn't?

It was a regular track but it was some class with only twins and singles under a liter in it. He actually said the only guy faster than him was on a Duc 749 or some shit like that.

it used to be even cheaper than it is now

it doesn't have a ridiculous amount of power or weight

the power it does have it set up in a very linear way, so you don't get to a peak and get a load of hp like a 600

they're just pretty solid beginner bikes for a reasonable price, man

beep beep niggas

GROM

Magna or Nighthawk

I can't wait to see how many of you faggots kill yourselves/total bikes during this event!

whats a good starter fully faired sportbike for a USA resident

Ok yuro / ausfailian
Enjoy having no DBT meet

Sv650

Vulcan is pretty much the best starter cruiser
>how can i look fast while being a scrub
SV650 and git gud

>sportbike
Kawasaki Killyourself. Is it just me or do Americans only care about squidbikes and cruisers?

Da fuq? I thought SAM was an Aussie meet. Could have made it if there was more info posted than "X WEEKS TO SAM".

Any of the 250/300. If you have more monies get a 650

Retarded nigger I posted it every thread for 4 weeks in April and may
This is b8 I'm sure

My bike is kinda close, but wouldn't do anything more than really light off road.
Works well at touring and track though.

The KTM 1290 and Multistrada may be worth checking out, but the Japs don't really offer much competition in the class

Didn't get a license and start lurking till May 22nd. Oh well, I'll make the 21 hour trip next year.

what do you think of motorcyclists revving their bikes at stops?

do you /dbt/ fellas make an euro meet too?

youtube.com/watch?v=o1Tz4mu78O8&t=1s

>Newfag thinking he's invited
El oh el!

(It's in the Rockies next year, you are welcome to come)

Depends. I rev when I'm the only one at the line to trigger the sensors so I don't have to run the light
If there is other traffic in the same lane as you, you're a squid if you rev it out.

It's one week after SAM, and yes

Has /dbt/ ever knocked off someones side mirror for being oblivious/an asshole? Would you, if the situation arose?

>what do you think of motorcyclists revving their bikes at stops?
I only see Harleys do this. Maybe out of fear that the bike will stall if they don't

Lol, east coaster here. Done the dragon a few times, no way I'd do it with dbt. Link up those Killboy shots when you get back...

On 2 strokes is mandatory or your engine siezes
Harleyfags have a whole cult about it
Everyone else just does a pop to salute others
>mfw a kid points at me and i just give it the beans

Ok faggot, enjoy being a nobike yuro

There's been like 3 or 4, negriero

That seems like a good way to get run down or shot. (queue the video from last week with the guy kicking the car in the HOV lane)

A kid that says rev it up gets a big dose of angry bumblebee any time.

That really sounds wrong when I say it out loud...

follow up question, do you rev when going through tunnels?

If you own a sport bike and you don't pin the throttle to redline at stoplights, you're doing it wrong.

Hell yes, preferably in 4th since my gearbox has this odd whirring roar in 4th. *AWESOME TUNNEL NOISES GO*

Rs125 are you still alive?

I've seen it more than enough in videos on youtube of "angry/mad/bad drivers against bikers" and all that shit, but I'll also concede that most of those guys are retarded as hell

Does this wear look OK for a tire with only 3k miles? Seems excessive to me, but I'm a n00b. One article said that flatness could be over inflation?

Sure thing cockgobbler!

aren't those sensor magnetic?

Normal for highway use. That looks under inflated if anything.

5 quid k&n oil filters a decent?
I remember their air filters being iffy

Only if I'm riding a bike that has trouble idling, if not then no, what kind of fag does that?

Absolutely

Do any of you ride with this style of jacket and if so what style of bike do you ride. I want to get one but also don't want to look like a larping retard. I tried on my dads old one but it is a bit too small for me and the leather is starting to go. Fine for larping not good for skin.

>don't want to look like a larping retard
Then don't buy a jacket like that, buy some actual protection rather than a fashion statement.

>swing arm
TOP KEK

>riding through Moab Car Show
>kids signing to me to do wheelie
>do wheelie
>get pulled over
>cop asks what the fuck I was thinking
>"kid said do a wheelie so I did a wheelie"
>officer lets me off because I'm white
feels goodman

CC81PT and Wombat have pics but I forgot to save them

I already have an actual jacket

I literally wear my dads Fox jacket from the 70's every time I leave the house - that I'm not riding, I wear a modern Dainese jacket when I ride. I wear this to the bar and club and shit and get compliments constantly.

Weirdly, this is the best pic I have.

S V
V

I have a 70s CB750 that I used to wear a similar jacket on.

That style of jacket is a pretty classic look that I think is still fashionable.
Looks kinda weird when I wore it on my CBR, though.

Oh I ride this, but it's irrelevant.

Big phone for a little man bairdo

this looks like the shit tire on my ninja 250. being replaced next weekend by my first pirellis cause 16s a shit.

>comparable Honda or Yamaha
Like?
Inb4 MT07. Yeah but that's not as cheap as a 2nd gen SV used.

The MT07 is also basically the same as the new SV except with that design it's for kids' toys lovers.

Don't forget crap suspension and mediocre brakes