A dying breed:

Once the Suzuki Jimny gets discontinued small basic SUVs with good offroad abilities will fade away into obscurity. And the age of non cocked cars will be no more.

Goodbye my friend, you will be missed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S26LKcdaUlM
youtube.com/watch?v=X21oAOW_aUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KXLSwcYVciY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even though it's bigger there's still the Duster.

>make the same thread a while ago
>some retard tries to say the 4runner is a small SUV
TRIGGERED ME DESU
>tfw we will never have body on frame small SUVs again

there are so many jimnies (?) around where I live (rural northern england), I would be very surprised if they stop selling any time soon and/or are not replaced

i know that there are other places in the world but 90s justy/10's swift 4x4s are very popular around here too, i doubt that suzuki would give a market like this up or that everyone will just go out and buy fiesta's instead

That's the thing though, car companies are retarded. Suzuki is only going to get chucked like everyone else and exclusively make angry looking hatchbacks.

ugly eurotrash that are only driven by poo in loos.

Okay lets talk capatilism for a second. Did Jeep make more money before or after they became cucked. The answer is after because companies arent stupid.

If we want Jeep back we have to make a racism symbol so that soccermoms will boycott it, and within a few decade it will be an enthusiest only company.

the Russians will probably keep making Nivas for 20 more years

eh? you can buy a 4x4 peugeot 508 and 4x4 pandas as well as all the 'awd' saloons available, all the vans and proper 4x4s around here are either peugeot treks, defenders, pre-2005 discos, assorted hilux/fourtrak/navaras etc

when no-one needs to go up a steep muddy hill, there will be no cars like this. people do, so these cars still exist. what you are saying is just a general trend amongst road cars, the market for cars like this is enough to keep them in production. i've driven a 66 plate jimny and it was like a throwback to an early 90s car but people still buy them new, so guess what will happen with them?

i agree about the angry hatchbacks thing though, but i try not to think about it bc it's depressing

I'm kind of pissed that Suzuki seems to have discontinued 3-door Grand Vitaras everywhere.

Any subcompact crossover with the awd made today will be just as good. These Suzuki jimmies were shit versions of the samurai and the samurai was a shit version of a jeep.
Here is a list for not trash things you can buy instead
>Honda hrv/vezel
>Jeep renegade
>Mitsubishi outlander sport

All of which will probably perform better "off" road and on road than the Suzuki. Plus you might even be able to salvage some resale if you go with the honda

>Suzuki jimmies were shit versions of the samurai

you do realize that Samurai is just how Jimny is called in some countries, right?

The samurai was shit to begin with..also nobody cares. There is a valid reason with Suzuki is not in the US market anymore. They are basically Daewoo

>Americans
>Purchasing whats good
No you cunts dont buy them because its not rigourously advertised.

Correction.
Suzuki actually went bankrupt because they were so shit. Also the dealer network is so small here I had to travel like 100 miles to help my friend get his car serviced.
>Shit brand alert
Also you are a Suzuki shill

A couple weeks ago I saw someone's FUCKING JEEP parked next to my Jimny in my secret fishing spot. So I stole his CV arms.
The road is an abandoned foresty road that doesn't get used, it's also around 80km from the nearest town. I'm going there in a couple weeks, the cars probably still there.

YOU FAGGIT STOP STEALING MY POST!!!

This

The jimney is the king of little 4wds I have a turbodisel and a vert :)

Was just thinking about this exact thing today.

My 1998 XJ might be on its last legs, so I'm prepping for the worst. Modern SUV's are either big hatchbacks or 200inch long mom-mobiles. The only way to get adequate power and clearance in a semicompact package is a wrangler.

I've read that the wrangler is the reason for the dying out of FJ's and other off road ready 2-doors. It's got such an established brand, that you can't find anything else

Stop trying to steal my secret fishing spot.

>Any subcompact crossover with the awd made today will be just as good.
They will be better (probably significantly better) on asphalt, but if you want to go off-road, no. For one, no subcompact crossover has dedicated low gearing.

>Mitsubishi outlander sport
It's like twice the size and weight of a Jimny. And it's more of a family carrier, Mitsubishi has Pajero and Pajero Sport if you want an actually capable off-road car.

YOU FUCK!! Thats my post and you stole it. I bet you dint evwn know the first fucking thing about fly fishing!

meh I'm not buying it. Here check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=S26LKcdaUlM
youtube.com/watch?v=X21oAOW_aUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KXLSwcYVciY
feel free to pick at them as you will. I tried to get a bit of both angles for you so you can get a clear example of the good and the bad. Honestly for someone who is going to be on pavement the majority of the time. Its a solid buy

Huntingfag here, I used to own a hilux and now I own a jimny. Some of the blocks I go to I can go way fucking further in the jimny.
Cars nowadays have shit ramp angles, its the reason jeeps and samurais are so legendary offroad.

>offroading

That post actually made me lmao at work today. What are CV arms?

I think you yanks call them drive shafts or some shit. That rods that turn the tires.

i hooned around rural nicaragua and costa rica for two weeks in one of these. it was bretty good at climbing muddy hills and fording knee-high rivers. AC was chillie too and radio played taco music real nice desu

8/10 would borrow again

my first car was a diahatsu rocky. You have no idea how much farm slut pussy I got. I had sex like 6 times thanks to that car.

Really. This thing got you laid?

using it to drive out to the pasture and fuck the sheep doesn't count

The word you're looking for is axles.

Thats like a rolls mclaren on farmhand money.

No thats what the bikes is for, im talking about the skin ones that live in the bosses house.

You know its funny that you bring this up but since I bought my new commuter car. The demographic of da hunnys I have been attracting has also changed.